Reckless Discharge Weapons in Haz Res

At the moment it seems the threshold for triggering a bounty by accidental fire is way too low for a G5 Multi-Cannon Corvette.

Could you Fdev have a look on it in depht, this is extremely annoying at the moment. As you may know, in a big brawl, accidental hit is unavoidable, so being treated the same way as murder hobo, seems to a bit disruptive on the gameplay.:x

agreed, then to have your NPC crew continue to fire on the target and accrue larger bounties..... fun

So basically parking a Corvette in a Haz RES and buiding-up millions of credits as your over-engineered battle-wagon churns-up NPCs is having a drawback. My heart bleeds for you.

So basically parking a Corvette in a Haz RES and buiding-up millions of credits as your over-engineered battle-wagon churns-up NPCs is having a drawback. My heart bleeds for you.

Well, are you suggesting that bounty hunting is not an intended gameplay... God dman, will I ever be forgiven for being such a fool.
Maybe you could enlight all of us with your vision, that would be so great. :D

G'day all
(parra handy)
I have a Federal Corvette and also a Chieftain which I use in Haz Rez.
Both are enjoyable and both require different tactics to fly.
The Fed Corvette can take a pounding and stay longer on target, I learnt a lot about flying backwards and reverse turns, . because I didn't have to run all the time , the Corvette allowed me to learn tactics.
The Chieftain, took a long time to upgrade to my standard, with an efficient power distributor, an overcharged power plant and efficient beams. This ship is a real scrapper as it can dodge and weave like nobody business while handing out and taking punishment.

No, those of us with a Fed Corvett, who have done the long grind, don't all sit it the HAZ RES , building up millions of credits, we fly the damm things.
Yours Aye
Cmdr D38

Last edited:
Its been over a year since I have received a bounty for accidental fire... the past few days I have had 4 bounties... And there is nothing wrong with my trigger discipline.

When fighting in large groups of ships there will always be a stray shot or two.. its like if you even look at a ship sideways with squinty eyes.. BOOM you have a bounty..

The sensitivity needs to be toned down a few notches...

G.day Vindicator Jones, love your vids
I too last night was awarded 'stray shot bounties' and agree ED should look at this.
yours Aye
Cmdr D38.

Well, are you suggesting that bounty hunting is not an intended gameplay... God dman, will I ever be forgiven for being such a fool.
Maybe you could enlight all of us with your vision, that would be so great. :D

No, those of us with a Fed Corvett, who have done the long grind, don't all sit it the HAZ RES , building up millions of credits, we fly the damm things.

My comment was in response to the OP's "the threshold for triggering a bounty by accidental fire is way too low for a G5 Multi-Cannon Corvette" - think about it. :rolleyes:

People really should consider what a post refers to as well as what it says before making any knee-jerk responses. (Hint - the thread title "Reckless Discharge Weapons in Haz Res" and then the OP's complaint which I quote.)

(P.S. Don't bother with ad hominem in future - it merely undermines any position you might hold.)

Are people mixing up Fines and Bounties? Or is there a bug that issues a Bounty instead of a Fine for "friendly" fire?

Its been over a year since I have received a bounty for accidental fire... the past few days I have had 4 bounties... And there is nothing wrong with my trigger discipline.

When fighting in large groups of ships there will always be a stray shot or two.. its like if you even look at a ship sideways with squinty eyes.. BOOM you have a bounty..

The sensitivity needs to be toned down a few notches...

Exact same issue here - no unintended bounties in ages and now I'm heading to the interstellar factors often to clear my name.

I did notice that if you're firing on a ship as it launches a SLF, and you hit the SLF, you get a bounty for it. I'm getting in the habit of ceasing fire as soon as I see the blue SLF box appear then starting back up after it's away. It helps.

Exact same issue here - no unintended bounties in ages and now I'm heading to the interstellar factors often to clear my name.

I did notice that if you're firing on a ship as it launches a SLF, and you hit the SLF, you get a bounty for it. I'm getting in the habit of ceasing fire as soon as I see the blue SLF box appear then starting back up after it's away. It helps.

I can back you up with a nice little vid.

[video=youtube;Y2sTRQAG0LU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2sTRQAG0LU[/video]

Same thing happened to me too OP. A few MC shots hit a T9 I was rescuing and then he ran into my line of fire. I was instant wanted. Not much fun. FDEV Fix this please.

Being the OP on this thread, I answered to your assertions about Corvette in haz res.
I agree on ad hominen, moreover I should add "sursum cordae", maybe you should consider your own advice.
So basically my post is intended to feedback devs on what I may consider an issue, your answer is "my heart bleeding for you", can't see any point nor fact moving debate forward :)

Main issue with forum is we can't finally debate for true sharing a beer in a pub, though it seems the better to me...

Cheerios :)

"Oh no! I'm being treated like a criminal for pouring bullets into an innocent ship! But FD, only dem nasty griffers should be treated like criminals!"

As you may know, in a big brawl, accidental hit is unavoidable

I mean, it's not like you can stop firing when an innocent ship is about to cross your line of fire, and it's not like we have an entire experimental effect dedicated to ensuring your bullets don't hit unintended targets...

...oh.

Deleted member 38366

D
Well, there's definitely something up.

Last time I got a "stray fire" Bounty - my SLF NPC did it, outside my field of view. Set to "Engage at Will" and running a fixed Beam, which should mechanically rule out it ever attacking the wrong Ship.

I am not encouraged by this new C&P stuff. After working so hard to keep my name clear, last night I accepted a Fed Rank up mission (rarely see those anymore, so take em when they pop up), it was Kill 24 pirates in X system. So I brush off the Chieftan and go to X system, great there are several HazRes and HighRes in system, this will be easy. Go first to the High Res, get a few mission targets done and all the sudden, in the midst of 20 ships or so I am firing on a target and a stray ship crosses my fire, or at least I think one did cause I never saw it, I stop firing when I see the 400 bounty warning for hitting an unintended target, I think, how can this be, I see my target in front of me and my beams are painting the target, so how could I be hitting someone else. Well, not soon after I stop firing, my bounty is increased because the ship I never saw that I hit must have died...Ok, I am in a High Res, I know there are security ships around me, so I finish off my mission target and zoom out with the murder bounty hanging over my head. No problem, will finish my targets in a Haz Res next door. As soon as I equalize in you see the message "Warning, Comm links down" yada yada yada, I see a mission target and start firing, next thing I know, 4 ships are turning red and firing at me, I finish off my target and turn to see who the others are, maybe mission targets? But no, they are Power Play ships attacking because I have a warrant...Power Play crap, and they remain clean after firing on me. So I get mad and clean house, each one of course incurs my bounty higher and higher, but I am angry at the designers who designed this flaw into the game, and it is a flaw, because think back, every time you get the warning jumping into a Haz Res, Comm links down, so what does that mean, to me it means that no one can hear you scream because, get this....COMM LINKS ARE DOWN, so if I kill a 'clean' ship when COMM LINKS ARE DOWN, then how the hell do I incur a bounty, how the hell does the System Authority even know the death happened, COMM LINKS ARE DOWN. Utter cow manure . Well, before you know it more Power Play clean ships show up and start attacking, so now there is security in the Haz Res, they might not say System Security, but that's exactly what they are, in fact, there are more 'Security Ships' in the Haz Res then there are System Security ships in the High Res. Well, I jump out, no point in killing more clean ships, since I don't get nothing for em anyhow cept a higher bounty. So I can't hunt in a High Res, can't hunt in a Haz Res, gotta complete my mission for the rank up, no problem, gotta interdictor, will finish my targets that way, but no, FDev in their infinite wisdom decides to throw 'Clean' bounty hunters to keep interdicting you even in SC, and if you kill them, guess what, yep, another bounty and another increase in the stupid notoriety. Well, I am thoroughly fed up by now and still have 8 targets to go, screw it, don't care if they try to interdict me, I can beat those clean ship interdictions no problem, just can't do nothing when I interdict a mission target and those idiots pop into the instance and start attacking. So I kill both the target and clean ship and wala, instant system response shows up. Big deal, jump out. Still have a few targets to go so decide to zip back into a Haz Res, kill as many mission targets as I can, and zip back out. Finally finish the dang mission with a Notoriety of 6 and 133k Fed bounty, So I am now wanted all over Fed Space, all because of a stray shot and a stupid C&P non-thought out system. Well, I turn in the mission and get my rank up to Petty Officer, and I know that now I have to wait an untold number of hours for the Notoriety to go down so I can pay off these stupid bounties and clear my name, so what do I do, I go to an outpost at the CG, I am in a Private Group, so no worries, park the ship on the pad and right now the game is still on and I'm not playing, my ship is just sitting on the pad waiting, preventing any NPCs from using the pad. Will check to see if the Notoriety has gone down to zero when I get off of work, which should be around 12 hours since I quit playing last night. Don't know if it will work, but at this point I don't care, I mean C&P is one thing, but do they really want to punish those of us that aren't criminally minded all because of a stray shot on a ship I never saw in the first place, it could have been behind my target, doesn't matter. So with this new system I guess FDEV wants to curb professions such as Bounty Hunting, because there ain't no point in doing it anymore with this crap, and forget helping your home systems BGS out, don't wanna BH in the Home system anymore because a "stray" shot will lock you out and you can't get into anymore ships until sometime in the future when Notoriety goes down or some other bull crap. So the only safe professions are what...trading or exploration anymore. Can't rely on trading really, cause you can get interdicted and then the security comes and guess what "stray" shot goes into effect....really FDEV, what are you trying to curb with this ill thought out system?

Last edited:

9eyKmnK.gif

Oh - come on you must know about paragraphs by now - have pity! :)

Top Bottom