Ships Federal Corvette Recommend me a PvE Combat Corvette Loadout

I have several Federal Corvettes but only a single Taxi / Shopping / Engineering / Exploration Anaconda. They share the same Core and similar optional modules. Due to its excellent jump range, I can go places much faster with my Anaconda and do the engineering / unlocking / mat gathering stuff.

My engineering priorities would be Frame Shift Drive - Increased range with Mass Manager, then Distributor - Charge Enhanced with Super Conduits.

And put that dirt cheap Grade 1 (not more) Long Range on all your Lasers until you engineer them to something that suits you better.

I have several Federal Corvettes but only a single Taxi / Shopping / Engineering / Exploration Anaconda. They share the same Core and similar optional modules. Due to its excellent jump range, I can go places much faster with my Anaconda and do the engineering / unlocking / mat gathering stuff.

My engineering priorities would be Frame Shift Drive - Increased range with Mass Manager, then Distributor - Charge Enhanced with Super Conduits.

And put that dirt cheap Grade 1 (not more) Long Range on all your Lasers until you engineer them to something that suits you better.
Why to go fast and far with a whale, who handles like a drunk elephant in hyperspace, who cannot even land where you like, or cannot dock at all in medium, when for a quarter of those credits you can build a Phantom with almost 70 yl jump, a lot more agile and practical ?! I use my Annie ONLY for mining in ResH because she can take a beat, and still keep a heavy punch aside the mining loadout.
If you want to talk then about shipping long range, the Cutter is also a far better option.
Taxi and long range engineering - all day long the Phantom !
Great view, agile, can land anywhere. And with almost 70 yl jump, who can ask for more ?....

Why to go fast and far with a whale, who handles like a drunk elephant in hyperspace, who cannot even land where you like, or cannot dock at all in medium, when for a quarter of those credits you can build a Phantom with almost 70 yl jump, a lot more agile and practical ?! I use my Annie ONLY for mining in ResH because she can take a beat, and still keep a heavy punch aside the mining loadout.
If you want to talk then about shipping long range, the Cutter is also a far better option.
Taxi and long range engineering - all day long the Phantom !
Great view, agile, can land anywhere. And with almost 70 yl jump, who can ask for more ?....
For hauling Commodities and Mining I use Imperial Cutters. But I can't engineer a Class 8 PowerPlant, Class 8 Power Distributor or a Huge Weapon on a Krait. The Anaconda is much more versatile for module shopping and engineering, especially for a Federal Corvette.

20201018141022_1.jpg

Last edited:
It isn't polite to hijack a thread badibeat. The OP wanted to see Corvettes. The fact that you want to sell your used and useless Any ... I suggest you start your own thread boss.

OP
The Bear is an awesome ship. She will go anywhere you want. Kill any PvE ship (except Thargoids) you feel the need to kill. She can start off un-engineered and will just get better as you do.

It isn't polite to hijack a thread badibeat. The OP wanted to see Corvettes. The fact that you want to sell your used and useless Any ... I suggest you start your own thread boss.

OP
The Bear is an awesome ship. She will go anywhere you want. Kill any PvE ship (except Thargoids) you feel the need to kill. She can start off un-engineered and will just get better as you do.
True, true !

:)

Its PvE, you don't need engineering. Although of course it will help. But its a Corvette. Outfit it however you want, as long as it is sensible. You'll dominate any scenario except perhaps a High CZ when those pesky special ops ships appear.

Its PvE, you don't need engineering. Although of course it will help. But its a Corvette. Outfit it however you want, as long as it is sensible. You'll dominate any scenario except perhaps a High CZ when those pesky special ops ships appear.
CZs are there own animal. The ships. even in light, are engineered. Without engineering then you have to make sure that you only tag ships that have their shields down and are engaged. Do able, but patience and care is the key.

and yea, those spec op ships shakes head

CZs are there own animal. The ships. even in light, are engineered. Without engineering then you have to make sure that you only tag ships that have their shields down and are engaged. Do able, but patience and care is the key.

and yea, those spec op ships shakes head

Shields i find are not the problem, except on Pythons for some reason. They love their SCBs. Its hull that is the issue. Soooo many hit points.

Its why on my builds for CZs i focus on either weapons like PAs or kinetics. I can do the shields no problem. Its the hull. This is where weapons that do good penetration come into their own. Take out the PP rather than the hull, its usually a lot quicker.

For the OP here is my pve vette

Not only for CZ but a kind of all rounder missions maker

I already here the others : "you gonna cook your ship" or "your weapon capacitor will drain too fast"
No it's fine. Efficient and thermal vent are not the only way.

Last edited:
For the OP here is my pve vette

Not only for CZ but a kind of all rounder missions maker

I already here the others : "you gonna cook your ship" or "your weapon capacitor will drain too fast"
No it's fine. Efficient and thermal vent are not the only way.
It certainly isn't the only way to go, but cooking oneself seems a bit ... masochistic? shrug How many shots (seconds of continuous fire) does it take so that you need to fire a heat sink off?

The one thing about the build you should mention when publishing it, is that it's meant for Wing, with the concordant experimental.

Interesting build. Personally, I prefer specialized ships instead of the swiss army knife approach, but as long as you enjoy flying the ship, that's all that counts.

Top Bottom