General / Off-Topic Recycle or Die! (the elite environmental thread)

If you looked at the pdf with the signatories you'd realize very few (if any at all) climate scientist, i.e., they don't know what they're talking about, if anything this is just an ad populum fallacy and/or an appeal to authority.

https://clintel.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ED-brochureversieNWA4.pdf

Also, we are gonna play by the numbers, 500 are very few scientists.
im curious why are you so invested to see the Climate change movement go forward??
its interesting at least from the perspective of having a motivation...

my motivation is to prevent a wastage of Tax payer dollars going overseas to some foreign institute which calls for a united front.
afterall why should anyone contribute to something.. that does not directly benefit the country of origin...
.. and spare me the economic rubbish about creation of jobs,technology,awareness..

now do me a favour and explain your motivation??

im curious why are you so invested to see the Climate change movement go forward??

my motivation is to prevent a wastage of Tax payer dollars going overseas to some foreign institute which calls for a united front.
afterall why should anyone contribute to something.. that does not directly benefit the country of origin...
.. and spare me the economic rubbish about creation of jobs,technology,awareness..

Climate change is a reality, not a "movement" or a "philosophy" or an "opinion". Your question is as moronic as asking why I'm invested into thinking the Earth is round.

500 scientists and commentators put their name to a petition.. and send an official letter to the U.N

Source: https://youtu.be/GpVBH-HY5Ow
Scientists financially supported by industrial lobbies probably.

There are also many doctors who support the ideas from pharmaceutical industry lobbies.

As in the 60s or doctors advised to smoke cigarettes because it was good for the health.

Destroy the environment by overexploitation of resources, over-pollution, overconsumption, it does not matter because there is no urgency, because you will be dead before major disasters.

Your children and your grandchildren ? What importance ?

Last edited:
If you looked at the pdf with the signatories you'd realize very few (if any at all) climate scientist, i.e., they don't know what they're talking about, if anything this is just an ad populum fallacy and/or an appeal to authority.

https://clintel.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ED-brochureversieNWA4.pdf

Also, we are gonna play by the numbers, 500 are very few scientists.
Yes, 500 "scientists" and "commentators" of the second category who take revenge because they are not recognized by the scientific community, and who need to exist not to fall into the oblivion and ignorance of true professionals.

:)

But it's simply the respect for the nature, the planet and the animal and wildlife life.

And safeguarding the future of next generations.

We are not the owners of the planet. The planet does us the honor to welcome us temporarily. If you are invited to your friend's house, will you destroy his home ?

Little petty concern, and egoistic materialistic here.

Reminds me of Donald who is the biggest polluter on the planet but who does not want to participate in the global effort to fight against the global warming and harmful human activities.

'Explainer: How climate change is accelerating sea level rise':

Sea level rise (SLR) is one of the most severe impacts of climate change, with rising waters threatening to inundate small-island nations and coastal regions by the end of the century.

At the same time, SLR is one of the impacts with the largest uncertainties, with different studies projecting widely different ranges over the 21st century.

The Earth’s oceans have already risen by around 0.2m since the late 1800s, with the rate of SLR accelerating in recent decades. In its 2013 fifth assessment report (AR5), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) estimated that SLR was “unlikely” to exceed 1m this century, even if emissions were very high.

However, a number of studies published in the years since then suggest that the worst-case projections for SLR could be much higher – up to 2m or more this century.

With this week’s release of the IPCC Special Report Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SROCC), it is useful to take a look at the current understanding of how sea level has changed in the past and may change in the future.

In this explainer, Carbon Brief examines estimates of historical sea level rise and the evidence that rates are accelerating. It explores the drivers of historical and future sea level rise, including thermal expansion of water, melting glaciers and melting ice sheets. Finally, it compares the worst-case projections from the IPCC with other studies published before and after AR5 was released.
Lots of 'science' in the link for those that like graphs etc :)

It's called. Altruism. You know. Not crossing the road, on the other side.

Scientists financially supported by industrial lobbies probably.

There are also many doctors who support the ideas from pharmaceutical industry lobbies.

As in the 60s or doctors advised to smoke cigarettes because it was good for the health.

View attachment 146606

Destroy the environment by overexploitation of resources, over-pollution, overconsumption, it does not matter because there is no urgency, because you will be dead before major disasters.

Your children and your grandchildren ? What importance ?
I love it when you guys play this game of "My scientists are better than your scientists!" Because that's all this is on your part: a big fat game of confirmation bias.

i really find it amusing, just how Gullible the crazy climate changers are!!
heck!! it would not suprise me how many of you thought there was Russian collusion too.
give it time and the truth of who(?) has been behind the Agenda to push Climate change will be revealed
.. and again the dummies will be revealed once again!!

It is beyond the comprehension of some, that we have traversed into a period of Deception and corruption that has never been on such a scale... that when the Science think tanks or Media machine tell you something... you believe it without QUESTION!!
Half of you probably dont even know who is running the United Nations behind the scenes!!

It truely amazes me!!

Last edited:
I love it when you guys play this game of "My scientists are better than your scientists!" Because that's all this is on your part: a big fat game of confirmation bias.
Have the honesty to recognize that countless scientists, politicians, international organizations that alert about global warming are much more prestigious than the 500 wacky who want to be noticed.

It's all about consensus and expertise, having a title not related to climate change doesn't make your opinion any more worthwhile.

Also, note the bolded word.

It is beyond the comprehension of some, that we have traversed into a period of Deception and corruption that has never been on such a scale... that when the Science think tanks or Media machine tell you something... you believe it without QUESTION!!
Half of you probably dont even know who is running the United Nations behind the scenes!!
No need to Science think tanks or Media machine to be convinced of the degradation of our environment.

Heat wave, drought, disappearance of thousands of animal and plant species, pollution of the air that you breathe, exhaustion of resources, deforestation, large-scale fire etc ...

Just open your eyes and look around you.

I'm planning a cruise to see glacier calving next summer with my wife and youngest son.

Do you all think I'll have the best viewing at Hubbard Glacier in AK, or should I go somehere else?

I've backpacked in Glacier National park and I understand most of those snow/ice patches are gone now. Kind of like to take in the sights while they are still available.

My current plan is to fly into Seattle and then take the Cruise ship from there. Do you think I'll have better viewing if I charter a smaller boat near HG, or just take the cruise ship?

I feel that this would be a good education for my son. It won't be as extravagant as a carbon fiber sailing yacht across the atlantic, or a battery-powered Jaguar, but it will be something he can tell his children about. Thoughts?

It's all about consensus and expertise, having a title not related to climate change doesn't make your opinion any more worthwhile.

Also, note the bolded word.
The consensus of scientists is really a clever deviation of making people believe it is science fact...
when the truth is...
when you cannot resolve science, with Real science, you force a scientific consensus!!

That is why its called scientific consensus... and not scientific FACT!!

now isnt that just a clever!!!
The Devil is always in the details!!

Top Bottom