General / Off-Topic Recycle or Die! (the elite environmental thread)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That habit is hard to break, as we can see from SUV sales year over year, and globally not just in the USA.
It is necessary to tax even more heavily the owners of big cars and particularly the SUVs.

Hit them hard on the wallet.

With the purchase of the new and used vehicle, but also a differentiated tariff at the petrol pump and also an annual tax of big polluter.

Vehicle maintenance and repairs must be taxed more than for normal cars.

Same thing for insurance.

Owners of big cars and especially SUVs must be financially asphyxiated, to take away them the desire to rot the lives of others.

🧐

Last edited:
'Fossil fuel production on track for double the safe climate limit':

The world’s nations are on track to produce more than twice as much coal, oil and gas as can be burned in 2030 while restricting rise in the global temperature to 1.5C, analysis shows.

The report is the first to compare countries’ stated plans for fossil fuel extraction with the goals of the Paris climate agreement, which is to keep global heating well below 2C above pre-industrial levels, and to aim for 1.5C. It exposes a huge gap, with fossil fuel production in 2030 heading for 50% more than is consistent with 2C, and 120% more than that for 1.5C.

Scientists have warned that even the difference between 1.5C and 2C of heating will expose hundreds of millions of people to significantly higher risks of extreme heatwaves, drought, floods and poverty.

The report was produced by the UN Environment Programme and a coalition of research organisations. It complements an earlier UN analysis showing the current Paris agreement pledges to cut emissions would still lead to a catastrophic 3-4C rise.
This is dangerous stuff.

Sure, you guys "don't see the connection at all." Well, of course you don't, not when everyone who isn't ideologically aligned with you is an "aberration" as stated by Patrick a few quotes above, or how people who drive a different kind of vehicle that isn't woke skold approved "Owners of big cars and especially SUVs must be financially asphyxiated, to take away them the desire to rot the lives of others" again, a comment by Patrick (I lump most of you in the same category ideologically speaking, for the record, so his words and sentiment are shared by you as well). People who disagree should be financially "asphyxiated" because they're "rotting the lives of others." That's a powerful and hate filled sentiment right there, ladies and gentlemen.

See, that's the thing: when you get to the point where you look at people who disagree with you as sub human (common tactic of Messr Spiritwood) who are "rotting" the lives of others and you think they should be choked out, well, that's on a family friendly forum where you can say only so much and stay within the rules, it doesn't take a scientist to extrapolate from that point the road to fascism, totalitarian control and the ultimate liquidation of those who you feel are "aberrations" that you guys actually REALLY think but don't quite have the testicular fortitude to spell out in the public. Hence Demascus's comment in post #3006 that seems to be mystifying you so much.

I lump most of you in the same category ideologically speaking, for the record, so his words and sentiment are shared by you as well.
Well that sure explains a lot, also, because you put them in the same category doesn't imply his words and sentiments are shared by others in the category you just invented but hey, gotta keep complaining about other's attitude, perhaps you'll become a forum martyr if you persist.

Last edited:
Other than some statistical anomalies there are only two genders:)
Millennia of basic biology 101 may concur, but this is current year. The woke brigade may take offense.

There's just no room for fun party games like "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" any more...

No, Jason.

Its not about eugenics, totalitarianism, or the Neonasties or the Klan, - the Steven Millers, Steve Bannons, Seb Gorkas, Christopher Cantwells, and David Dukes etc are on YOUR side politically here Jason. ( That should give a rational man pause.)
The people in favor of Midgely Lead poisoning the public? Well that would be You.
The Antivaxxers who are causing their own people to die? Yeah, you again.

Every public policy that you espouse is an empirical disaster. If implemented, we would have mass sickness and death.

Empirical means that it isn't a matter of Opinion. It is instead a measurable fact, based on actual experience. Can you follow that?

It isnt because you are malign. Its because you just cannot figure basics out.

You are not "sub human." That's language from White Supremacist movements, which I abhor.
You are all too human. Thats what our little species is like, when rationality is out of reach because a campaign of disinformation rewards ignorance, and stokes fear to control your vote.

I'm not your adversary. But your policy ideas are the enemies of all humanity. Seriously man, Disease and Heavy Metal poisoning? what ?

You are just on the peak of mount you-know-what on the Dunning Kruger curve.
Supreme confidence, married to extremely low competence. Like your supremely impaired President, a global laughing stock.

Don't be that guy.

You have to get yourself off that spot because nobody else can do it for you. It isnt possible to add to a cup that is full. You cannot learn till you recognise your own weaknesses, and playing the victim will not help. Man up.

Ignorance is cured by study. Not posturing.

Take it from a martial arts instructor, who has dealt with it a thousand times before. The students that think they know everything as they walk in the door get schooled by the floor. Not by me. After enough impacts they learn first humility, then skill.

Sure, you guys "don't see the connection at all." Well, of course you don't, not when everyone who isn't ideologically aligned with you is an "aberration" as stated by Patrick a few quotes above, or how people who drive a different kind of vehicle that isn't woke skold approved "Owners of big cars and especially SUVs must be financially asphyxiated, to take away them the desire to rot the lives of others" again, a comment by Patrick (I lump most of you in the same category ideologically speaking, for the record, so his words and sentiment are shared by you as well). People who disagree should be financially "asphyxiated" because they're "rotting the lives of others." That's a powerful and hate filled sentiment right there, ladies and gentlemen.

See, that's the thing: when you get to the point where you look at people who disagree with you as sub human (common tactic of Messr Spiritwood) who are "rotting" the lives of others and you think they should be choked out, well, that's on a family friendly forum where you can say only so much and stay within the rules, it doesn't take a scientist to extrapolate from that point the road to fascism, totalitarian control and the ultimate liquidation of those who you feel are "aberrations" that you guys actually REALLY think but don't quite have the testicular fortitude to spell out in the public. Hence Demascus's comment in post #3006 that seems to be mystifying you so much.
Can you tell me what you consume daily ?

😂

or how people who drive a different kind of vehicle that isn't woke skold approved Owners of big cars and especially SUVs must be financially asphyxiated, to take away them the desire to rot the lives of others
Oh yes I forgot in my program, the car manufacturers must also be taxed heavily for each big car and SUV, manufactured.

:)

Of course it's just financial taxation, not human deportation in gulags.

😂

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom