General / Off-Topic Recycle or Die! (the elite environmental thread)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Take it up with her parents, the climate crisis movement and the UN; they're the one's using this poor girl as a meat shield.
She represents the generation of those who will be seriously threatened by global warming caused by the human activities and are the victims of irresponsible parents who have no interest in the future of their children.

So Greta's parents respect the daughter's fight.

She represents the generation of those who will be seriously threatened by global warming caused by the human activities and are the victims of irresponsible parents who have no interest in the future of their children.

So Greta's parents respect the daughter's fight.
That is what you are, meant to think and believe.

In reality: She is just a scripted puppet. Agreed. For her, this IS a mission, a good and virtuous mission. She has genuine concern and fear, for her generations future. However: she has been groomed, programmed and manipulated by adults, who have no real concern for her welfare, safety and even her proper eduction. She is a means to an end, simply because of what she is. As a child, she is protected by the law, human emotion and ideals. So she cannot be attacked, or confronted, without stigma, being directed at anyone, who does so, or questions her in any way. If she was an adult, she would be dealt, just the same as any other adult, fighting this cause. If as an adult, she spoke as she does, ridiculed authority, as she does; she would be just dismissed. The P.R. organisation, that controls, funds and provides her scripts, fully understands this and that is why, this cute, childish face; is perfect, to relay 'their own' agendas and fill their coffers.

In reality: She is just a scripted puppet. Agreed. For her, this IS a mission, a good and virtuous mission. She has genuine concern and fear, for her generations future. However: she has been groomed, programmed and manipulated by adults, who have no real concern for her welfare, safety and even her proper eduction. She is a means to an end, simply because of what she is. As a child, she is protected by the law, human emotion and ideals. So she cannot be attacked, or confronted, without stigma, being directed at anyone, who does so, or questions her in any way. If she was an adult, she would be dealt, just the same as any other adult, fighting this cause. If as an adult, she spoke as she does, ridiculed authority, as she does; she would be just dismissed. The P.R. organisation, that controls, funds and provides her scripts, fully understands this and that is why, this cute, childish face; is perfect, to relay 'their own' agendas and fill their coffers.
Exactly. What her parents are doing is little better than putting their daughter on the street to turn tricks. In essence, they're pimping her out. Personally I think Greta is a sweet girl who is being taken advantage of by the people she should be able to most trust in the world, meanwhile they're gleefully rubbing their hands together thinking of their celebrity status and $$$ signs. It's sickening, really.

I agree that she is run by adults. But I don’t think her parents are abusing her.

Denmark pleaded Friday with the support of a dozen other European Union member states to ban diesel and gasoline cars by 2040 in the EU, at a meeting of EU ministers the environment.

"We have to recognize that we have to move quickly," said Dan Jorgensen, Danish Minister of Climate and Energy

Lithuania, Latvia, Slovenia, Bulgaria and several other Member States have found urgent to close the carbon leakage of the sale of used vehicles from the West toward Eastern Europe.

Last edited:
Of course you don't. She's mouthing your message. Personally, I hold all you people on that side of the aisle responsible for exploiting her.

She says the things right and real and her youth is the future

The important thing is the message and it must be said by the young people.

The criminals of the older generations must have millions of young people in front of them to realize the importance of their irresponsibilities as polluters and destroyers of the environment.

She says the things right and real and her youth is the future

The important thing is the message and it must be said by the young people.

The criminals of the older generations must have millions of young people in front of them to realize the importance of their irresponsibilities as polluters and destroyers of the environment.

500 scientists and commentators put their name to a petition.. and send an official letter to the U.N

Source: https://youtu.be/GpVBH-HY5Ow

If you looked at the pdf with the signatories you'd realize very few (if any at all) climate scientist, i.e., they don't know what they're talking about, if anything this is just an ad populum fallacy and/or an appeal to authority.

https://clintel.nl/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/ED-brochureversieNWA4.pdf

Also, we are gonna play by the numbers, 500 are very few scientists.

If you looked at the pdf with the signatories you'd realize very few (if any at all) climate scientist, i.e., they don't know what they're talking about, if anything this is just an ad populum fallacy and/or an appeal to authority.

im curious why are you so invested to see the Climate change movement go forward??
its interesting at least from the perspective of having a motivation...

my motivation is to prevent a wastage of Tax payer dollars going overseas to some foreign institute which calls for a united front.
afterall why should anyone contribute to something.. that does not directly benefit the country of origin...
.. and spare me the economic rubbish about creation of jobs,technology,awareness..

now do me a favour and explain your motivation??

im curious why are you so invested to see the Climate change movement go forward??

my motivation is to prevent a wastage of Tax payer dollars going overseas to some foreign institute which calls for a united front.
afterall why should anyone contribute to something.. that does not directly benefit the country of origin...
.. and spare me the economic rubbish about creation of jobs,technology,awareness..

Climate change is a reality, not a "movement" or a "philosophy" or an "opinion". Your question is as moronic as asking why I'm invested into thinking the Earth is round.

500 scientists and commentators put their name to a petition.. and send an official letter to the U.N

Source: https://youtu.be/GpVBH-HY5Ow
Scientists financially supported by industrial lobbies probably.

There are also many doctors who support the ideas from pharmaceutical industry lobbies.

As in the 60s or doctors advised to smoke cigarettes because it was good for the health.

Destroy the environment by overexploitation of resources, over-pollution, overconsumption, it does not matter because there is no urgency, because you will be dead before major disasters.

Your children and your grandchildren ? What importance ?

Last edited:

Yes, 500 "scientists" and "commentators" of the second category who take revenge because they are not recognized by the scientific community, and who need to exist not to fall into the oblivion and ignorance of true professionals.

:)

But it's simply the respect for the nature, the planet and the animal and wildlife life.

And safeguarding the future of next generations.

We are not the owners of the planet. The planet does us the honor to welcome us temporarily. If you are invited to your friend's house, will you destroy his home ?

Little petty concern, and egoistic materialistic here.

Reminds me of Donald who is the biggest polluter on the planet but who does not want to participate in the global effort to fight against the global warming and harmful human activities.

'Explainer: How climate change is accelerating sea level rise':

Sea level rise (SLR) is one of the most severe impacts of climate change, with rising waters threatening to inundate small-island nations and coastal regions by the end of the century.

At the same time, SLR is one of the impacts with the largest uncertainties, with different studies projecting widely different ranges over the 21st century.

The Earth’s oceans have already risen by around 0.2m since the late 1800s, with the rate of SLR accelerating in recent decades. In its 2013 fifth assessment report (AR5), the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) estimated that SLR was “unlikely” to exceed 1m this century, even if emissions were very high.

However, a number of studies published in the years since then suggest that the worst-case projections for SLR could be much higher – up to 2m or more this century.

With this week’s release of the IPCC Special Report Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate (SROCC), it is useful to take a look at the current understanding of how sea level has changed in the past and may change in the future.

In this explainer, Carbon Brief examines estimates of historical sea level rise and the evidence that rates are accelerating. It explores the drivers of historical and future sea level rise, including thermal expansion of water, melting glaciers and melting ice sheets. Finally, it compares the worst-case projections from the IPCC with other studies published before and after AR5 was released.

Lots of 'science' in the link for those that like graphs etc :)

It's called. Altruism. You know. Not crossing the road, on the other side.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom