Red dead Redemption / up 4 pre-order

verminstar

Banned
Don't get me started on bounties...

I did manage to land myself a $500 bounty the other day, I hogtied some guy that was beating up his wife in the centre of saint denis, the police obviously had no issue with him beating his wife, but they became decidedly hostile after I tied him up and threw him into the river.

I wouldn't call my escape from the law graceful, but after one stolen train and around 20 dead police officers I had my freedom and a hefty bounty. At the time I had less than $10 to my name, fortunately I'd just found a treasure map, that actually panned out, so at least I could pay it off :)

Silly little moments like that really make the game shine :)

I have a couple treasure maps but havent pursued them...not yet anyway. Speaking of Valentine, I left it in lockdown last night after robbing the bank with Lemoyne and Saint Denis the only places left where I dont have a bounty, but only cos Im working around Rhodes atm.

Had a fake snakebite scenario too...the usual guy screaming in pain begging fer help ye know the type...the moment I got off the horse, two other guys emerged from the trees and the ¨victim¨ made a miraculous recovery and told me it wasnt my lucky day. Hmm these little moments indeed...easily enough dealt with but still, it sounded so genuine in the beginning that the ambush really was a complete surprise. Ive been ambushed before but not like this...more of that please ^

I had no idea! That's unacceptable. But...isn't there a dynamic resolution scaling in the game?

I'm playing on the One X and certainly haven't had any occurrences...at all... where the frame rate dropped to those levels. I've never been fixated about little flashing numbers in the corner of a screen to begin with...but if I can't see a slideshow, it's not happening ;)

Battlefield V however... pretty poor on both PC and X One X.

Has anyone else noted that the different horse breeds have different behaviours? The Race breeds tend to be extremely skittish and will leap about in panic at the sight of a snake...the work breeds will snort and sidle around the snake whilst the warhorse breeds like the Turkoman, Ardennes and the Andalusian will give a mild snort and stamp on the reptile [yesnod]

I found and managed to rope and break a lovely seal brown Andalusian with a white mane, tail and a white stripe down the face the other day up near the Wapiti Indian reservation...big, powerful brute but not as chunky looking as the Ardennes or slow and ungainly like the Turkoman. He's now my main horse...stats almost as good as the Arabian too. A lucky find that one...

Last edited:
Has anyone else noted that the different horse breeds have different behaviours? .

Yeah, the horse I'm currently riding has an attitude problem, his main problem is, he doesn't like me..
But I like that they don't all behave the same, this one will wander off eating grass, when I whistle he sticks his head up, looks me up and down, then gets back to eating. I have to whistle 2-3 times before he eventually comes over, usually in a bad mood.

I love this game, 94% in and still enjoy it, I can spend hours riding around and hunting, they did a top job with graphics and NPC's, I will not get 100% as some parts are just boring but easy to side-line. I do get distracted by the game itself which is a great sign

verminstar

Banned
Yeah, the horse I'm currently riding has an attitude problem, his main problem is, he doesn't like me..
But I like that they don't all behave the same, this one will wander off eating grass, when I whistle he sticks his head up, looks me up and down, then gets back to eating. I have to whistle 2-3 times before he eventually comes over, usually in a bad mood.

I thought it was just me cos thats what my horse does whereas my last horse couldnt come fast enough. If this one wasnt so fast in a gallop Id have shot it and skinned it ages ago, but truth is I cant find anything faster. A little detail...ye can whistle several times before he catches his breath and swears to himself.

Deleted member 115407

D
I had a mission to do...one planned by John Marston...where my part was to steal a Cornwall oil wagon to block the train tracks for the planned heist. I waited outside the oil plant patiently for a day or 2 just hoping one of the wagons would set out of the heavily guarded compound to no avail and was forced to go in and steal it.
:)

Its actually quite difficult to steal the oil wagon..

Hmm... I didn't have any trouble stealing the oil wagon. I just walked over to the wood fence, waited for one of the guys to turn around. Hopped the fence, grabbed the wagon, whistled for my horse, and I was off. They took some potshots at me, but in a few seconds I was well on my way.

And now, of course, I know where to steal these things from. They are bank at Seamus'

Hmm... I didn't have any trouble stealing the oil wagon. I just walked over to the wood fence, waited for one of the guys to turn around. Hopped the fence, grabbed the wagon, whistled for my horse, and I was off. They took some potshots at me, but in a few seconds I was well on my way.

And now, of course, I know where to steal these things from. They are bank at Seamus'

After a few failed attempts at stealing the wagon, I just left it alone, then a few days later I noticed one of the wagons heading to valentine with a single mounted guard, so I took him out and hijacked it . :)

Handy, because I wasnt sure how I was going to complete that after being gunned down several times.

Also, I only just figured out the fact that Animals have different levels, from 1-3 stars, this explains why i was always getting poor pelts..doh!

Last edited:
After a few failed attempts at stealing the wagon, I just left it alone, then a few days later I noticed one of the wagons heading to valentine with a single mounted guard, so I took him out and hijacked it . :)

Handy, because I wasnt sure how I was going to complete that after being gunned down several times.

Also, I only just figured out the fact that Animals have different levels, from 1-3 stars, this explains why i was always getting poor pelts..doh!

Plus, if you shoot your animals with, lets say a shotgun, you'll get less for the skin as it will be full of holes.. ;)
Best stick to the arrow, less messy more money. [big grin]

Also meat rots as we know. Have it on the back of your horse for too long and it falls off as rotten. Must get it to a butcher fast'ish, or cook it and stow.
The backlash to rotten meat is that your going to stink and the locals will tell you so if your not careful. [where is it]

Plus, if you shoot your animals with, lets say a shotgun, you'll get less for the skin as it will be full of holes.. ;)
Best stick to the arrow, less messy more money. [big grin]

Also meat rots as we know. Have it on the back of your horse for too long and it falls off as rotten. Must get it to a butcher fast'ish, or cook it and stow.
The backlash to rotten meat is that your going to stink and the locals will tell you so if your not careful. [where is it]

Headshots will circumvent the skin damage with the bigger animals. Double barrel with slugs is my preferred big game weapon.

It might be easy to miss but when you play poker at camp the characters will go about their business and talk about current events. Its a cool way to flesh them out and get insights into who they are.

I experienced a small but interesting bug...
During Cinematic Camera mode, the rendering engine sort of rebooted and I saw a raw, aliased image. It was absolutely horrible.
I know it's getting a lot of critique for using a very aggressive anti aliasing but seeing the image without any AA, I can assure it needs the aggressive AA.

I might even have a look at the online mode, once I get around to finishing the game, currently around 35% in.

I really should start doing some of the story missions...

I should add.
Those that payed for the ultimate edition will get online access today, 27th.
Those that bought the normal game on release day gets to play online beta the following day. Rest gets access the 29th or 30th.
Lol...

Top Bottom