Red dead Redemption / up 4 pre-order

So I'm a little way through, around 10% it tells me, so not far.

First impressions are nice (very early), its a good game with free-roam added in, infact free-roam is probably the largest part. Sort of 'do what you like', which is very enjoyable. Some set scenes can surprise you, well they did me and of course side missions are set scene finales, which is o.k but not great.. But I suppose they're there to keep you in check and on story.
Lovely music and scenery, nice easy laid back feel. 'Yep partner'.. I like it.

Its not that gory, as some would suggest, plus you can turn off 'kill effects' in the settings. So its a non issue.

Now Xbox one x and MicroSoft.. Why are they so adamant about getting our details, you can't play if you don't do this, have this email address, or do that, sort of mindset. Not good really.
I just want to play the game, not join humanity 'the MS way'. [woah]

personally, I have hardly done any missions because I am completely addicted to hunting, I got it on Friday and have spent 90% of that time hunting, camping and breaking wild horses, then selling the goods in town.

What really gets my juices flowing, is that when I look in the compendium, there are 178 species of animal! :)

Bow and arrow from a galloping horse is a lot of fun.

Ive been involved in a few shootouts and really like the way you can take cover behind trees, rocks etc. I disabled the lock-on aim though, it felt too 'cheaty' to me.

Last edited:
described as there biggest game . Bigger than grand theft auto?

It certainly not because the pc cant run it

These poorly optimised console ports to pc.

So yeah they want u to geta console

Back in the day the 'killer app' was how u would attract the user

A mate bought a pc engoine from japan just to play rtype//

Any body getting the switch to play maria kart?

And I can see that the PC games are just means to an end so your rig building gets a purpose. As for most motorcycles the driving and tinkering itself is the purpose. When to get somewhere in any weather, the car is used instead. There is nothing wrong with both.

But for my hobby (video games) the hardware is just the means to an end. My PC is a black brick without any case windows and fans with RGB LEDs. In fact when shopping for PC parts, I especially avoid this kind of stuff, because I don't want a noisy PC that glows in the dark. Just something sleek, small, silent and reasonably priced, that gets the job done.

Guess why I like the PS4 Slim?

It doesn't glow in the dark. Something like that is actually hard to find in the PC department in a decent quality without spending a fortune.

Since I liked your minimalist approach...I decided to drag my old Corsair 600T case out of the attic and refit that out, a task for this weekend...it doesn't have a see through panel anywhere :)

Grz9nMy.jpg

9qwTTWK.jpg

9qwTTWK.jpg

ew124O5.jpg

9qL0ZKl.jpg

Oh man, I'm so sold on this. I've gotten to a point where RDR2 doesn't even feel like a game anymore. I'm taking care of my horse, it's a work horse with lots of stamina and health.
I was up exploring the cold north, entering abandoned shacks looking for neat stuff, and canned food. I shot a wolf one night. The morning after I saw another wolf sniffing on the dead wolf, like the wolf either knew it or wanted to eat it. I also saw a pack of wolves trying to kill a bear but gave up and ran off.

This game is almost alive. It's absolutely incredible.

yes, I noticed that if you leave a carcass, it will soon attract vultures and eventually rats or other predators.

Also noticed that if you carry a carcass around for too long, it starts to go off. and you will get a swarm of flies following you.

the level of detail they have gone to is amazing.

yes, I noticed that if you leave a carcass, it will soon attract vultures and eventually rats or other predators.

Also noticed that if you carry a carcass around for too long, it starts to go off. and you will get a swarm of flies following you.

the level of detail they have gone to is amazing.

If you leave a corpse and then go back after the vultures get to them, it ain't pretty. Also best to hide any dead you caused ;) at least then its harder for any locals to find and report. Two fella's got stroppy with me, threatening etc, so a rode on a little and then went back on foot. They had themselves a nice hunting camp, very lucrative. I gave them a fair chance, well one at least, I shot his partner first, so the other guy knew there was something up..:O

I find I'm even talking like a western character, might do me some sittin for a while..

Have to add, the game does feel very real, it draws you in with each play. Little things make a difference. I'm finding it one of the most immersive games I've played. That said, I will be staying single player, it just seems fair to the game.

Last edited:
If you leave a corpse and then go back after the vultures get to them, it ain't pretty. Also best to hide any dead you caused ;) at least then its harder for any locals to find and report. Two fella's got stroppy with me, threatening etc, so a rode on a little and then went back on foot. They had themselves a nice hunting camp, very lucrative. I gave them a fair chance, well one at least, I shot his partner first, so the other guy knew there was something up..:O

I find I'm even talking like a western character, might do me some sittin for a while..

Have to add, the game does feel very real, it draws you in with each play. Little things make a difference. I'm finding it one of the most immersive games I've played. That said, I will be staying single player, it just seems fair to the game.

Thats great RP right there, partner.

on topic: What amazes me most about this game is the appearently unlimited view distance. Its just incredible almost seeing the whole game world from a mountain and a train moving in distance too. So far i couldnt detect any heavy popups. Looks beautiful, almost like a real show running on netflix on 1440p.

Last edited:
I took a show in at one of the theatre's. Pretty good show, catch the bullet act complete with audience stool, fire eater, then a singer, but I had to leave prior to her finishing as my horse was going to die...:eek:
Damn that horse.. I got back in time to save him though..

I took a show in at one of the theatre's. Pretty good show, catch the bullet act complete with audience stool, fire eater, then a singer, but I had to leave prior to her finishing as my horse was going to die...:eek:
Damn that horse.. I got back in time to save him though..

Yeah you really care for the horse. In RDR1, horses weren't treated this way and all horses felt the same, except speed and stamina ofc.
What's it like to play on a console again?
I really like the laid back style of it.

Yeah you really care for the horse. In RDR1, horses weren't treated this way and all horses felt the same, except speed and stamina ofc.
What's it like to play on a console again?
I really like the laid back style of it.

My return to console has been interesting, but only because of the game. If RDR2 had been out on pc this year, I'd be on that. But I do think one thing is for sure. I'll be keeping the console purely for this game, because the replayability in this game is huge, as in many games I play on pc, that is something I love. They have given us a game that can be played in soo many ways, that you could still be enjoying playing it, a decade from now.

I love my horse..[yesnod]

My return to console has been interesting, but only because of the game. If RDR2 had been out on pc this year, I'd be on that. But I do think one thing is for sure. I'll be keeping the console purely for this game, because the replayability in this game is huge, as in many games I play on pc, that is something I love. They have given us a game that can be played in soo many ways, that you could still be enjoying playing it, a decade from now.

I love my horse..[yesnod]

I'm sooo tempted to go off and buy an Xbox one X and RDR2, I'm already living the game via YouTube streams...my wife even hinted that there's a package of X one X and RDR2 for 400 quid on Amazon [where is it]

...but, I know a few months after I've done it, Rockstar will announce the PC version...you just know that's going to happen [rolleyes] My wife offered up..."Well, you can always sell the X One X and the RDR2 Xbox version and go buy the PC version then, Can't you?"

I love my wife...but I really need tyres for my Harley...

Last edited:
I'm sooo tempted to go off and buy an Xbox one X and RDR2, I'm already living the game via YouTube streams...my wife even hinted that there's a package of X one X and RDR2 for 400 quid on Amazon [where is it]

...but, I know a few months after I've done it, Rockstar will announce the PC version...you just know that's going to happen [rolleyes] My wife offered up..."Well, you can always sell the X One X and the RDR2 Xbox version and go buy the PC version then, Can't you?"

I love my wife...but I really need tyres for my Harley...

Or..

You could buy the console 'bundle'.. Play the hell out of the game (and you will). Then you won't need tyres for that Harley, as you'll be too busy playing, to ride (for a while at least).;)

Or..

You could buy the console 'bundle'.. Play the hell out of the game (and you will). Then you won't need tyres for that Harley, as you'll be too busy playing, to ride (for a while at least).;)

It was my wife that dropped the hint...she played RDR coop with me both on the 360 and the Xbone so she knows I certainly don't need any temptation since RDR is still my #1 game of all time. I'd still be playing it (and RDR2) if I hadn't given my Xbone to a mate for his kids last Christmas....and my son took my wife's Xbone as he broke his.

As I pointed out to my wife...there are 12 days of Christmas, but none of them fall in November....but I've gone ahead and paid for the damned thing anyway...so 3 or 4 days and I'll be cleaning the Varmint rifle ;)

I just need a vertical stand to fit it on my limited space desk now...

Last edited:
I just spent 200 bucks on a new long range rifle which I added a scope on, some nice stock engravings, and a nice cocobolo wood look. I'm watching Better Call Saul so cocobolo was a must. ����
I also bought a nice jacket, a new vest, and the most badass boots I've ever seen.
Good bye life.

I have this game and play it on Xbox 1 Not X, I have an elite controller.

I find it completely frustrating.
The controller is really bad in the game and seems broken,
I have searched Youtube for help and applied those suggestions,,, yet I am still unable to shoot the darn Bow. I'm ready to hang my character

I have this game and play it on Xbox 1 Not X, I have an elite controller.

I find it completely frustrating.
The controller is really bad in the game and seems broken,
I have searched Youtube for help and applied those suggestions,,, yet I am still unable to shoot the darn Bow. I'm ready to hang my character

I take it you've tried turning aim assist off? Used to be a thing with the original Red Dead...and GTAV if I remember rightly.

Top Bottom