Modes Reduce the influence for pvt/solo - "Influence gankers"

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This is a huge debate but I really feel there has to be a change. I assume it will never happen even though it's a logical change. Solo and pvt could do everything still the only thing asking to be reduced would be system influence. In the long run, just like many people play pvt/solo to avoid gankers there's no way for people to avoid "influence gankers" in any mode. Not that all people in pvt/solo are out crippling the gains of other squadrons/individuals but many do. Some might be full-time solo/pvt others that might usually play open doing it for an easy route to "ruin" someone's experience that unlike being ganked players have no way to avoid the situation. Having a reduced influence gain you could still easily work on your squadrons systems in solo/pvt unless its a system like 78 Ursae Majoris (father bills squadrons system where likely dozens of people at any time might be working against you.

of course, this doesn't fix everything you still have cross-platform but I feel this would have a big effect on people sabotaging and less on personal goals/squadron goals.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
no not again... this an entirely different post and idea. What else is there to do? Play ED? Everyone's in solo/pvt nothing to do its been over 24hrs so tos good.. just gotta keep it up until something changed.
Proposals to give a bonus to influence to the actions of players in Open are not new.

If everyone's in Solo or Private Group then that might suggest they don't want to encounter players who prefer PvP.

When I tried watching that video, it kept on jumping back a few seconds, and then going again, then jumping back.

It's almost as if it was, ..... A BROKEN BLOODY RECORD!!!1!

OP, this is not different to your other thread, it's the same crap recycled. So, I think it's only fair that this one takes a novel direction too.

After last time I came on to you for grabbing my door handle, I think it's only fair the floor is opened up to the first good discussion idea - food was successful last time.

On your marks forumites ... Go!

Proposals to give a bonus to influence to the actions of players in Open are not new.

If everyone's in Solo or Private Group then that might suggest they don't want to encounter players who prefer PvP.
i don't want to be ganked by influence gankers why do open players get the short end of the stick?

When I tried watching that video, it kept on jumping back a few seconds, and then going again, then jumping back.

It's almost as if it was, ..... A BROKEN BLOODY RECORD!!!1!

OP, this is not different to your other thread, it's the same crap recycled. So, I think it's only fair that this one takes a novel direction too.

After last time I came on to you for grabbing my door handle, I think it's only fair the floor is opened up to the first good discussion idea - food was successful last time.

On your marks forumites ... Go!
its ok if fdev doesn't want it they can delete it.. or just don't post here and it will quickly fall

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
i don't want to be ganked by influence gankers why do open players get the short end of the stick?
No-one gets the short end of the stick - all players, regardless of game mode, affect the BGS in the same ways - none of them require PvP.

It's a bit like getting ganked - if one doesn't want to be ganked, ever, one maybe shouldn't play in Open. If one doesn't want to compete with players in other game modes in the BGS, maybe one ought not get attached to anything BGS related. While PvP is an optional extra in this game, everyone affects the BGS.

Then there's this:
Is there planned to be any defense against the possibility that player created minor factions could be destroyed with no possible recourse through Private Groups or Solo play?

From the initial inception of the game we have considered all play modes are equally valid choices. While we are aware that some players disagree, this hasn't changed for us.

Michael
.... and this:
BGS (Background Simulation) Changes

The Background Simulation (BGS) is a representation of how the actions of all players, no matter on which platform or mode, impact the galaxy. The factions that inhabit these system battle for influence over the population and control of the starports, installations and outposts. Player actions can push these factions into various states; such as economy, security, health and influence. With concerted effort players can help grow a faction's economy, destroy its security status, or help win a war.

Last edited:
Open play has enough perks and bonuses over Solo. If anything Solo should get some bonuses.

So... for the last time.. NO

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Anyone got an opinion on sauce with chips?

If I'm past the point of no return, I have been known to have kebab doner meat on my chips, with sore-finger, ketchup, chili sauce, coleslaw, lettuce and onion. Basically it's a doner, but with chips instead of a pita bread, and it isn't really sauce - but it is a topping.

It comes out how it goes in - fierce, burning, and angrily.

I have a few feelings on the matter.

Please elaborate mate, I'd like to know more...

Play BGS ? Hmm. How many people will it take to get the system out of hunger with a population of 10 billion ?

;)

"Remember that it is rather us forum "influencers" who spoil the game for this silent majority, who are already sitting at the shorter end of the lever."

This.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom