Abandoned [RELEASE] EVA - Elite Virtual Assistant for iPhone/iPad (NO LONGER WORKING Jan 2020))

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
No error message, the login button does not activate, I also erased my login details and re-entered, no change.
i have deleted app and reinstalled, no difference. I only have one account. I can log into game ok.

Are you logging in with your FD email/password as per ED and not your forum login. With a correct email password, first time you get an Auth Code field appear. Enter the code you get in email and hit authenticate. Login then takes you in.

Hi,

That's right; the usual reason for the "Login" button being disabled is that either the account name doesn't look like an email address (x@y.z), or the password box is empty.

Cheers,
Jim

Hi CMDRs have just downloaded the App and logged in ok. Most of the features are self explanatory, but is there a help guide for new users?

Cheers

CMDR Dukie

Hi,

Hi CMDRs have just downloaded the App and logged in ok. Most of the features are self explanatory, but is there a help guide for new users?

Certainly is:

... although it's already a bit out of date regarding multiple logins, and the new 3D track log :) I'll get it updated ASAP and get some screenshots in there to make things clearer. Post here if there's anything that's not covered well enough.

Cheers,
Jim

I would like to see an Android version also. Perhaps create a thread in the Dangerous group as this thread has less viewers.

Does this app incorporate sites like Eddbio, Inara and similar sites? While I know it doesn't work with Xbox One profiles, is there any use for it at all for those not on PC?

Does this app incorporate sites like Eddbio, Inara and similar sites? While I know it doesn't work with Xbox One profiles, is there any use for it at all for those not on PC?

eddb - yes, Inara - no. I've looked for a way of interacting with Inara, but as far as I can see everything needs to be typed in by hand. EVA does pretty much the same job of recording progress though.

Non-PC users; an upcoming version will allow XBox accounts to log in at least, and you'd be able to use the trade computer but not much else because there's no way that I know of to get current information on XBox accounts from Frontier - that is, ship layout, CMDR status, that kind of thing.

Thanks for the link to the manual Jim.

I really like the idea of a digital assistant for Elite and the spoken prompts are a great start. Would it be possible for the computer to read the Galnet articles to me while I'm flying? The text is rather small and the font is not quite as clear as it might be ...... yes, I know, use your glasses CMDR! Buy seriously, this would be a great addition and really useful while trading. Also the ability to scale the font size would be really useful. Is there a swap base button so I can quickly reverse the systems I'm visiting to check for trades going the other way?

Cheers

CMDR Dukie

Last edited:
Hi Jim, Downloaded this app yesterday.
Once I got to grips with it it's proving to be quite useful. When carrying out a mission to another station I can check to see what other commodities I can buy to sell, further adding to profit.

Do do you have any other plans for this app ?
Many thanks
Flimley

Last edited:
Right, in my eagerness to complain, I forgot to saymy praises.

As a rookie in E: D, I have tried many different Tools, but EVA + EDProxy is an excellent tool for me, and I also contribute by uploading info to EDDN.

EVA is just awesome, thank you Jim!

Hi,

Yes, it's not working right now because of the 2.1 change. It's not something I can do much about in the app, it looks like the Companion App API is currently down. It's reporting that the account hasn't yet been used, but logging in to 2.1 doesn't fix this. I've reported it in their bug forum but I imagine it's something that will get fixed over the next day or two, and there's also now some more useful messages for this, and the "servers down for maintenance" message.

I've got a build just about ready to go which allows offline use.

Cheers,
Jim

Would it be possible for the computer to read the Galnet articles to me while I'm flying?
Is there a swap base button so I can quickly reverse the systems I'm visiting to check for trades going the other way?

Swap base is in there for the next release; spoken Galnet is a good idea, I'll get that in probably for the release after.

Cheers,
Jim

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom