Releastic looking guests

For me building comes first, animals second, guests are.... unnessessary (for me at least). I don't look at them closely (why should I?), so I don't care if they can "express themselves" or not. They are just a pain, because they are clogging everything up and getting stuck. And I would rather have them look lifeless and stiff (and being about 10 to 20 times less many per default) than causing me to fall out of my beautiful realistic zoo into a silly cartoon. But as you can keep your guests off in sandbox, this is not so much annoying as the staff.

Last edited:
I'd prefer something in-between.
Planet Zoo human faces are too cartoonish, but JWE faces are too much like mannequins. If they could do something in-between that still keeps the charm of the cartoon faces, while making them a tiny bit more realistic, that would be great.

Honestly, staying away from the uncanny valley is a wise choice. It's much creepier when you hit that spot than to have cartoonish guests - and, honestly, the body language and the voices are much more realistic and, for me, much more convincing that visual realism that is accompanied by robotic, looped movements. If you watch the guests sit at chairs and benches, or gesture towards the animals (sometimes through rock walls, but you can't have everything), the body language is so fluid and naturalistic - much more than I've seen in almost any game that wasn't a triple A rpg.

I'm ok with the style. But I would like to see groups more as individuals and not "one object".
Whilst that’d be cool, I suspect it would badly affect performance. Having guests as groups substantially reduces the amount of path-finding (and other factors) that needs to be calculated.

I'm ok with the style. But I would like to see groups more as individuals and not "one object". I'd like to see kids and strollers.
Agreed. It would be nice if the kids acted like kids and played and frolicked the way kids do. I suppose it's easier on the processor power for the game to group guests, though.

Strollers would be a realistic touch though. So would some guests in wheelchairs or mobility scooters too, even as part of a group. You see them in real zoos all the time. People who rely on wheels are part of the world.

Agreed. It would be nice if the kids acted like kids and played and frolicked the way kids do. I suppose it's easier on the processor power for the game to group guests, though.

Strollers would be a realistic touch though. So would some guests in wheelchairs or mobility scooters too, even as part of a group. You see them in real zoos all the time. People who rely on wheels are part of the world.
Again, I 100% agree that strollers, wheelchairs etc would be great to have, but it would mean a decrease in performance, as such guests would, presumably, have to have different path finding mechanics to other guests (to avoid stairs).

Again, I 100% agree that strollers, wheelchairs etc would be great to have, but it would mean a decrease in performance, as such guests would, presumably, have to have different path finding mechanics to other guests (to avoid stairs).
Mobility scooters seem like a very american thing. I haven't seen any in real life outside USA. I would not want that in my game.

There are regional backgrounds for some areas like Australian desert. Why not introducing regional guests? It should have been done it with the north America DLC. 🤠
Yeah, scooters like that are not allowed everywhere for security reason. Especially in Zoos. I would be ok to have one or two guests on thing like that but not more. I build European Zoos so it would look completely out of place. People here use wheelchairs, crutches etc., you can borrow a wheelchair at the gates.
If it was only on american maps, then that would be ok for me.

I too want more realistic guests... they don't need to be perfectly realistic; more like Pixar people really... at least give them real eyes and realistic hair...

Top Bottom