Powerplay Removal of the federation president

Is it possible to cause and accident of sorts to remove the meader of a faction. Perhaps attacking their place of residence? If so is anyone able to offer advice on how to go about such things

There is always the chance one of the server hamsters gets high from a permanent marker pen that accidently drops in its cage resulting in it eating through the hard drive with Winters' assets stored on it. Well we can hope. :)

CMDR Justinian Octavius

No. However most people have killed a federal vice-president though by now, so you could have a go at that instead.
Hypothetically would it be possible to organize an attack on the president or perhaps sol system itself to deal a blow to the federation? Same thing for the Empire. Curious just how much the players can impact the game

No, players dont have that kind of agency. Most characters in Lore are really out-of-game characters, for flavour. Im not sure the narrative would be improved by a lucky 10000th assassination of the president, anyway ;)

Nearest we came to something similar would be the Salome event. Its interesting to look into, and highlights a couple of things about the game. 1) narrative events are handcrafted, and often seem intended to go only one way. 2) when opportunities for salt-mining & proving a point converge, some people will go to any lengths.

since you mention Sol, yes Powerplay does in theory allow for that kind of thing, but the mechanics underlying it make forcing systems to shed so close to a HQ all but impossible. And no matter what you do, a lot of players using the system would hardly even notice.

If you set your sights a little lower then there is some real agency to be had, working with others, just dont expect it to be blazing all over galnet.

since you mention Sol, yes Powerplay does in theory allow for that kind of thing, but the mechanics underlying it make forcing systems to shed so close to a HQ all but impossible. And no matter what you do, a lot of players using the system would hardly even notice.

If you set your sights a little lower then there is some real agency to be had, working with others, just dont expect it to be blazing all over galnet.
That's something that I felt a little weak from Power Play when I was new, I thought it led to something, for example, that if Felicia Winters got way more systems and clear dominance over Hudson maybe an election CG would trigger and Hudson could be removed, or with so many Aisling followers, maybe with enough systems, power, and players, a coup to take the throne could take place also with a CG or a "Salomé event" as you said. Alas, that's not the case, so PP feels to me like squadron/minor-faction BGS mechanic but with prizes (but not too great, especially if for the Alliance), bigger and more complicated, just for some role play fun that feels like work.

That's something that I felt a little weak from Power Play when I was new, I thought it led to something, for example, that if Felicia Winters got way more systems and clear dominance over Hudson maybe an election CG would trigger and Hudson could be removed, or with so many Aisling followers, maybe with enough systems, power, and players, a coup to take the throne could take place also with a CG or a "Salomé event" as you said. Alas, that's not the case, so PP feels to me like squadron/minor-faction BGS mechanic but with prizes (but not too great, especially if for the Alliance), bigger and more complicated, just for some role play fun that feels like work.
Thats fair. But for me, engaging with mechanics & a playergroup doing the same, has very little to do with roleplay. The characteristics are flavour, some framework to hang mechanics-driven campaigns upon, and retain consistency with. They provide limitations & inspiration, but its more like politics than roleplay.

The real pull personally was urgent & targeted reasons to keep engaging with the gameplay mechanics id built a fleet around, by the time i'd run out of personal progression objectives. Powerplay is so all-encompassing it has a need for almost anything &, everything, all the time.

It can be like a job. It can also be liberating. it depends where you set your limits.

Top Bottom