General Remove the mission wing from single mode.

Most likely, this has already happened, but I think it is not right. How can you offer wing missions in solo mode ?
As for the tricks, it is very simple. Once you are in PG or open game took such a mission and it is present in transactions, you can not enter the solo game.
By analogy with the fact that as long as you have a load you can not change the ship until it is unloaded or the new ship does not have the right place.

Thank you.

Most likely, this has already happened, but I think it is not right. How can you offer wing missions in solo mode ?
As for the tricks, it is very simple. Once you are in PG or open game took such a mission and it is present in transactions, you can not enter the solo game.
By analogy with the fact that as long as you have a load you can not change the ship until it is unloaded or the new ship does not have the right place.

Thank you.
I think this is a function of how it works.

AFAIK the mission board, and about everything else, doesn't care for the mode you are in. The only difference between solo and a PG/Open is whether you see other humans. Literally nothing else changes.

If you look in Comms, under System, you can still see player chat even in solo.

I think this is a function of how it works.

AFAIK the mission board, and about everything else, doesn't care for the mode you are in. The only difference between solo and a PG/Open is whether you see other humans. Literally nothing else changes.

If you look in Comms, under System, you can still see player chat even in solo.
Probably problems with translation.
It was not a question but a suggestion, you can think and understand what it is for.

I don't see the problem??

A cargo wing mission makes a mere 10 milllion, requires often 5000+ of an item to be shipped, which even solo in a Cutter is some 8 runs.
Does it make sense ? Offer missions for wings in solo mode in which there can be no wings ?

I easily take a mission for a wing by BH, and quietly kill all enemies.

Does it make sense ? Offer missions for wings in solo mode in which there can be no wings ?

I easily take a mission for a wing by BH, and quietly kill all enemies.

The mission board is visible in all modes as is the station, you are asking them to make changes for one mode, which means the station and mission board isn't effectively visible in all modes. Apart from that, you fly to a station in solo to avoid gankers, take the misson, swap to PG or Open and get your wingmates to join you, I don't see a problem.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Removing Wing missions from Solo would not stop lone players from completing them while not playing in Open - as they would still be available in Private Groups - and every player who can play in the multi-player game modes can create their own Private Group.

All that the proposal would achieve is to remove Wing missions completely from players on consoles without premium platform access.

They're better thought of as "wing-compatible" missions rather than "wing" missions - nothing about them requires a wing, they can all be completed solo in the right ship, but they're large enough to benefit from a wing if you have one.

Rather in the same way that turrets are advertised as "multicrew-compatible" but you can still fit them in Solo mode or use them on your own.

They're better thought of as "wing-compatible" missions rather than "wing" missions - nothing about them requires a wing, they can all be completed solo in the right ship, but they're large enough to benefit from a wing if you have one.

Rather in the same way that turrets are advertised as "multicrew-compatible" but you can still fit them in Solo mode or use them on your own.
Yes, I can sit in a fighter and fly around the ship, but I still do not know how to shoot a turret at any point in the sphere itself ?
I did this in the Frontier First Encounter after installing the combat computer.

Wing missions in solo wouldn't be so much of an issue if they didn't have the magical multiplying of rewards and instead divided the reward amongst all those partaking. If you do it solo you should get quite a large reward, while bringing your friends give less reward (albeit for far less work though).

Because they are doable by a single player as well if you know what you're doing or have plenty of time on your hands?

Not to mention, if you see one that you want to do before joining your mates to do it you can take it on there and then, rather than risk losing it when changing modes...

Don't know about you lot, but when a Wing mission offers top $ for shipping 500T from a neighbouring system I don't find it taking that much longer than a non-wing mission ;)

All wing missions come with the following description:

"This mission is recommended for completion as part of a wing"

I enjoy doing wing missions solo and am therefore happy that they are available in solo mode.

What I would say is that I'd prefer them in a separate mission board (like passengers) as it is annoying when I pull into a station and my favoured faction has nothing but wing missions on offer that I can't currently complete on my own. This leaves me unemployed for 10 minutes.

But, can't have everything...

A better suggestion would be to FIX wing missions.

If I take a wing mission, share it, and then get disconnected (ED craps out or my ISP decides to take a dump), everybody who was participating is now carrying illicit cargo. HTF does that make sense?

I would like wing missions to be highlighted a little better than non-wing ones. Right now it's just a tiny little icon, personally I'd rather have them highlighted with a slightly different background colour or something. Not as drastic as making them blue instead of orange, but maybe a slightly different shade of orange.

Top Bottom