Repairing Stations

I'm certain this won't affect many commanders. Most would rather post up with Adele's Armada and ruin those helpful few at the CGs or blast away at pirates in a Rez but, to digress, a few suggestions on repairing stations:

Wheres the waste?
Repairing stations don't produce ANYTHING. This is, an absurd prospect from a practical standpoint. Thousands of people still live on these stations repairing them, producing plenty of bio-waste. Trashed stations would also be lousy with Thargoid corrosive compounds meaning there should definitely be a production of toxic waste. Finally ripping out damaged equipment should produce destroyed but recyclable metals: Scrap. From a gameplay standpoint this would allow haulers to move SOMETHING out of a repairing station when on a loop route.

Partial-repairs.
This is already implented, to an extent. The following message is taken from Acton Dock in LP 581-36

20180822145610_1.jpg

However from this screenshot...

Repair functionality is DEFINATELY not restored. I'm not entirely sure if this was intended, however, each statisfaction or X number of required materials delivered could restore some level of the station's functionality. Auto-Dock for a shield-less Type 9 would be a life saver.

Contribution Rewards
It's not enough to just jack up the prices using the supply and demand mechanic at repairing stations. In a fully stripped down Type 9 fitted for max cargo capacity, I still make only in the neighborhood of 400k credits when moving the low-value materials such as copper or polymers. This is with buying at a low price from a high supply station. So, much like CG's, what I'd like to see is some measure of contribution reward. Flat credits are always nice but for a project this big that is going to be handled by a few commanders at best, perhaps something more? A permanent discount when the station is fixed/name embossed on the station boards or exterior/permanent alliance to the factions present at that station for top contributors and then something simpler like found in bounty vouchers or trade dividends, such as a bonus "repair" voucher for delivering materials still required for repairs.

This would GREATLY increase the incentive for traders to target these stations and help out.

Last edited:
Wow. "services are restored." Unavailable. I really wish this sort of incongruency wasn't such a running joke by now...though I agree that something more important than credits needs to be rewarded for going so far out of our way to repair stations. It doesn't even have to be a TANGIBLE material or money reward; it could be bonus rep, discounts, an occasional free module, your own private landing pad (maybe only for the top contributor or something,) ANYTHING. Credits are in such abundance in this game that adding more credit rewards for going out of our way is not a mentionable incentive anymore.

Having been a part of the crew that repaired Sturckow in SPOCS 253, I like to joke that they gave me an apartment there for my efforts. 62k tons of goods hauled 403k Ls from the emergence point, 600T at a time, in 30 days should get me something.

We also documented every load and showed Frontier that their repair system was broken. They fixed it in the next major update.

Top Bottom