COMPLETED CG Repel the Thargoid attack in the Witch Head Nebula (AX-Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to do some easy going scout splashing on the only one of my four accounts (my alt PC account) which doesn't already have to FSD booster.

I read that it doesn't really matter where you find and kill your thargs for this CG. Is that correct?
I am, however assuming that if you were completing missions for extra income, you'd probably need to do it in the right system. It that correct?

You can kill bugs anywhere, just hand in the scalps at Golden Stag megaship👍
I dont believe there are any missions to kill Thargoids apart from the CG one currently.

Because yet again FD didn't utilise Incursions, where you can get seperate missions. Instead they said "oooh invasion in WH" when it is exactly the same there as normal, just with a CG to hand in🤷‍♂️

I am still doing the CG, but come on FD, who actually makes the repeated decision to not use AXCZs, hands down the most fun part of AX combat?! Press the button!
There would be far more bonds handed in if they had done a proper job and included incursion/had AXCZs, imo.
🤦‍♂️

You can kill bugs anywhere, just hand in the scalps at Golden Stag megaship👍
I dont believe there are any missions to kill Thargoids apart from the CG one currently.

Because yet again FD didn't utilise Incursions, where you can get seperate missions. Instead they said "oooh invasion in WH" when it is exactly the same there as normal, just with a CG to hand in🤷‍♂️

I am still doing the CG, but come on FD, who actually makes the repeated decision to not use AXCZs, hands down the most fun part of AX combat?! Press the button!
There would be far more bonds handed in if they had done a proper job and included incursion/had AXCZs, imo.
🤦‍♂️

Perhaps we’re only seeing the vanguard here... 🤞

Still got some engineering to do before my Crusader is ready, then I’ll try try and find a carrier heading out that way if I can get it all done around my work shifts. Either that, all I’ll have to phone in sick because ‘Thargoids boss’!

I would say a fair few AXI (myself and others not included) areabstaining from the CG, if there had been AXCZs i believe 80B could have been reached for completion.
As it is, no chance imo.
There is literally nothing different in the WH at present than normal, but "Thargoids Return To WH" OOOHHH!

I live out here in the main, on the off chance we get a decent (or in fact any) AX storyline to follow. Trust me, nothing has changed apart from the Golden Stag arriving to cash in bonds at the CG😔

Ideally we needed around 20% every day, and we hit it today:
1602922054624.png

And we need around 1% per hour to finish the CG - looks like the US has taken up the challenge, and we have the weekend to come:

1602922125076.png

I would say a fair few AXI (myself and others not included) areabstaining from the CG, if there had been AXCZs i believe 80B could have been reached for completion.
As it is, no chance imo.
There is literally nothing different in the WH at present than normal, but "Thargoids Return To WH" OOOHHH!

I live out here in the main, on the off chance we get a decent (or in fact any) AX storyline to follow. Trust me, nothing has changed apart from the Golden Stag arriving to cash in bonds at the CG😔

Wait and see what happens after this one, like with the Marlinist dissent in the Empire it looks like they have ‘things’ planned out for the coming weeks and months.

I think all of them except Eurybia have had at least some per-tier effects (though Ackwada didn't get as far as showing them). Definitely agreed on this being a good change.
Yeah, I haven't really been paying attention to those too closely so far.... trade CGs and bond-farming aren't my thing. Even this, I'm not really down here to farm bonds, rather, Thargoid's kicking off again is in my MO, so headed down to see if something kicks off like a new Thargoid variant (speedyboi?) or somesuch.

Also started doing a little project, which i might do the first post of later tonight, if i get it done.

Yeah, I haven't really been paying attention to those too closely so far.... trade CGs and bond-farming aren't my thing. Even this, I'm not really down here to farm bonds, rather, Thargoid's kicking off again is in my MO, so headed down to see if something kicks off like a new Thargoid variant (speedyboi?) or somesuch.

Also started doing a little project, which i might do the first post of later tonight, if i get it done.
Rumours are for a "Titan" variant btw. Gossip only atm tho....👀

Okay ,,, I’m currently sitting at Jameson ready to kit out my Krait MkII for this. Plan is to engineer up some hull reinforcements and then I’ll ship out to Witch Head with AX MCs only - might get some Gauss locally if I have the stuff for the unlock otherwise will just be hitting Scouts. Which is probably wise as I’ve never done this before.

I’ve got 4 hours later today to build ships and peg it out there in my DBX, then will leave the combat ships on transfer until my next session.

Few questions ...

1. When does the CG end? No aspirations of hitting top tiers but worried I might miss it!
2. Which station / system in Witch Head makes a good base? Figure I might stay out there for a while afterwards
3. I’m on PS4 ... anyone wanna wing up? And preferably not kill me ... ;)

1. Weds
2. There are a few, Evangelis is decent for one.
3. Oh hell yeah, if you are on discord come and join us on the AXI PS4 looking for wing (no need to be a squad member👍), otherwise i will be on and off over the weekend for XRG bgs and the CG. Hit me up anytime👍🍻
o7

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom