COMPLETED CG Repel the Thargoid attack in the Witch Head Nebula (AX-Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
@tolm and @ZAKALWEINC8876 I’m doing the same mad rush to get my build engineered a bit then I’ll be looking for a lift out to the Witch Head. I’m also on PS4, and my Crusader Green Howard is going to be a support vessel with repair and decontamination limpets and SLF cover so I’ll be very much up for linking up with some of you AX bad bois (y)

Cool, there should be a fair few of our squadron about, plus loads of others too. Look forward to seeing you guys out there! I would stay out of the CG system apart from to sign up/drop bonds as the FCs make it laggy at best.
Plenty of other places tho👍
o7

Awesome! I’ll see how far I can get later today and hopefully be good for at least one bug squashing session before Weds! Think I can borrow some engineered HRPs from my ‘vette to save some time ...

Yeh, my PSN is same as my username.

Have already mapped Silent Running and Launch Heatsink back to the controller again in anticipation of needing to burn off some acid!

3. I’m on PS4 ... anyone wanna wing up? And preferably not kill me ... ;)
How many systems in Witch Head are actually being attacked?

@tolm My FC "Pride of Wales" will be leaving Delkar (near Shin Dez) in approx 12 hours and has shipyard and outfitting if you want to bum a lift.

PSN is same as forum name and I'd be happy to wing up.

Can do scouts, Cyclops' and maybe a Basilisk and will be active Sun/Tue/Wed.

@Speedcuffs Five according to CG text. Each tier seems to offer the chance to save one of them.

Presumably we'll have burning stations needing evacuation and repairs if tier 5 isn't reached.

@ZAKALWEINC8876 @
@tolm My FC "Pride of Wales" will be leaving Delkar (near Shin Dez) in approx 12 hours and has shipyard and outfitting if you want to bum a lift.

PSN is same as forum name and I'd be happy to wing up.

Can do scouts, Cyclops' and maybe a Basilisk and will be active Sun/Tue/Wed.

@Speedcuffs Five according to CG text. Each tier seems to offer the chance to save one of them.

Presumably we'll have burning stations needing evacuation and repairs if tier 5 isn't reached.

That’s be perfect - I expect to have reached whatever build I can before then so will save me the manual jumping and ship transfer! Cheers.

So, "hot tip", maybe, for finding targets, though I'll spoiler it for anyone if you don't want spoilers or uncle J to perhaps ruin the CG for you...

EDIT: I have the dumb. Ignore me.

You only have to hand in bonds.

You don't have to fight in WHN.

So if you're scant for targets, ship your AX vessel to somewhere like Asterope, where there's hundreds of NHSS in close proximity and fill your boots, then taxi out to WHN to hand in the bonds later.

Last edited:
So, "hot tip", maybe, for finding targets, though I'll spoiler it for anyone if you don't want spoilers or uncle J to perhaps ruin the CG for you...

You only have to hand in bonds.

You don't have to fight in WHN.

So if you're scant for targets, ship your AX vessel to somewhere like Asterope, where there's hundreds of NHSS in close proximity and fill your boots, then taxi out to WHN to hand in the bonds later.
Or .... go to the hotspot systems in the WH, which aren't the ones under attack ;) Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-8/9 are still the centre of the WH area

Or .... go to the hotspot systems in the WH, which aren't the ones under attack ;) Witch Head Sector IR-W c1-8/9 are still the centre of the WH area
Oh. The way some people were commenting... it sounded like there weren't many targets.

I'll go back to... err.... not actually fighting in this CG >.>

Oh. The way some people were commenting... it sounded like there weren't many targets.
Which is weird - I mean, doesn't everyone spend their spare time mapping out the extents of the Thargoid spheres and watching Eagle Eye systems?

Ah no, just me then ;)

(Well, AXI will know as well, and that Redden guy ..)

Edit: Also not fighting the CG - this week is all about the Tech Broker discounts :D

What do we do with a Thargoid sensor? :unsure:
I tried shooting it up with the AX MCs, but they seem to insist on missing it.
Scooping it up gives corrosion damage, that much I do know. 🧐

Speaking of tech brokers...what's the closest guardian site to the WHS?

I need to pick up a few more guardian mats to get the unlocks.

I came here to ask a similar question. I've never visited a Guardian site - is there somewhere near the WHN where I can gather the bits to take advantage of cheap unlocks?

Is this CG something a CMDR in an un-engineered ship can get in on? I’m Elite in trade so have access to Jameson Memorial, but haven’t encountered Thargoids personally. Is taking part with available stock outfitting viable?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom