COMPLETED CG Repel the Thargoid attack in the Witch Head Nebula (AX-Combat)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Krait Mk II. I've engineered the shields as much as I can right now so I either have my pre-existing 6A G5 Reinforced shields (719 MJ with a single booster) or new 6C Bi-Weave G4 Reinforced (558 MJ with a single booster). I've solved the question by adding a second booster so now I have 740 MJ from the Bi Weaves. :) That combined with 3200 hull is about as much as I can get to at the moment with out some serious mat grinding that would mean I miss the CG.

Also rocking 4x AX MC and a single G5 Overcharged normal MC. Not thrilled about them being turreted (why isn't there an option for turrets to only fire when I press the button, dammit?!!) but better that fixed with my skills, I would imagine.

Also have a 2E cargo rack full of limpets for my 1E decontamination controller to use.

What can possible go wrong ....
To get the turrets to stop firing when you want you can switch to analysis hub mode, the turrets will stop until you switch back to combat hub mode then they will resume shooting at the target unless you have switched targets in between.

Probably a few permit locked sectors blocking the route, will have to work up or down around.

Auto route isnt great at taking some sideways jumps to get around things, if it cant go fairly straight it just says No.

Sorry, but i just cant get to the Onoros. Is there any catch or what? Looks like my galaxy map do not let me in ...

IF you have a ship with less than 40ly jump range, you might have to do some manual plotting through the COL permit locked systems

The Old Dog is doing her part, T10 for the win. This CG was slightly early, as I was going to murder Scouts until my NPC crew was competent enough (ha!) to make a difference. Now I'll have to finish the CG before I meander off to get the last Guardian Tech to upgrade her to the point where all kinds of Thargoids become fresh meat for the slaugher and Old Dog can prove you all wrong as she will the most epic thargoid killing ship ever. And I won't ever have to do much but do a bit of FA off and maybe dump a heat sink or two.

:D S

In related news, the technology broker at Bray Landing in the Yuanjia system will support pilots by reducing resource requirements to access Guardian weapons and modules.
Will this be the case for the duration of the CG or maybe a bit longer?

Any top down list for what to unlock first? Thinking about getting some guardian mats to unlock a few things (already have the fsd booster, gauss cannon and the SLFs).

Will this be the case for the duration of the CG or maybe a bit longer?

Any top down list for what to unlock first? Thinking about getting some guardian mats to unlock a few things (already have the fsd booster, gauss cannon and the SLFs).

The shield reinforcement packages are nice, because they do not have a human equivalent. Module reinforcement is also nice to have

A thought occurs.

5 tiers, 1 system protected per tier, so max 5 systems protected.
There are 6 systems in the original set of Enclave systems (the 6 with Ocellus orbitals).

I predict that, even if the CG completes, someone out there is getting hit with a full Thargoid incursion next Thargsday.

Another random thought: Why are the Marlinists running into Fed and not Alliance space? Because the NMLA angered the Thargoids in the WH Enclave by farming the caustic stuff directly from them. Which in turn will most likely have the NMLA (and the Marlinists) be on the Alliance's hitlist as well.

Another random thought: Why are the Marlinists running into Fed and not Alliance space? Because the NMLA angered the Thargoids in the WH Enclave by farming the caustic stuff directly from them. Which in turn will most likely have the NMLA (and the Marlinists) be on the Alliance's hitlist as well.
Because when Patty follows them into Fed space to 'eliminate the threat', it'll trigger that inter-Superpower war some have been hankering after since day 1.

Which won't end well for the Empire, since pew-pew focussed players are disproportionately Fed.

That and I'm still totally okay if the Alliance systems in Witch Head nebula burn ;)

On behalf of all the Alliance citizens you protected, thank you :) ha ha you lose! (Still not sure what you actually did in the end lol)

'Some made it to Fed space'...cue accusations from Pettytraitor or whatever his name is that Feds were behind the NMLA attack...

You have the same info I do, theres another Tharg CG before the end of the month, 99.9% certainty....

Because when Patty follows them into Fed space to 'eliminate the threat', it'll trigger that inter-Superpower war some have been hankering after since day 1.

Which won't end well for the Empire, since pew-pew focussed players are disproportionately Fed.
That what that whole Starship-One-arc is all about. To split the Feds up into two infighting factions: Those who are pro-Hudson and those who are pro-Felicia. Which will fracture the Feds and make things even more interesting once Patreus goes after the escaped Marlinists. :sneaky:

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom