Replace/Remove Interdictions

Open play, a place to meet new commanders, is too anarchic. Interdictions slow us down. They cause us to unnecessarily lose resources that we wouldn't have lost if we played in solo.

You should at least be able to get to your destination in open. If you cant get one place, you might as well not be able to get anywhere.

Frontier never needed to restrict systems we love from us for new players. Allow starters EVERY module and ship and access to the whole galaxy with less risk.

The replacement? Blockades and player conflict beacons.

How would it work? Super Cruise disruption. A commander will fly near an important starports, disrupt local (key word local) spacetime, and drops anyone out who comes close.

Conflict Beacons would be the super Cruise disruption device and where you drop out at. You'd jump out and be met with a wing or two. And then your buddies join you. Perhaps they could be limited to a wing.

This is comparable to the "Lockdown" state and not the open play suicide we have now.

As for Piracy? (1) who does that to progress through the game (2) Just use another POI like convoy.

Last edited:
Yeah you can think about it that way. But everyone will get to choose wether or not they do pvp or not (they will see the beacon).
That would make being a pirate impossible, also it doesn't make any sense. Who would see something like that and say "hm i think ill give that pirate my hild full of gold." I can see maybe distress signals to lure people in, but don't remove interdictions completely.

That would make being a pirate impossible, also it doesn't make any sense. Who would see something like that and say "hm i think ill give that pirate my hild full of gold." I can see maybe distress signals to lure people in, but don't remove interdictions completely.
If you want to take that approach, that's OK with me. We need to prevent helpless commanders from being murdered.

I have read your post twice and dont get it.

Are you saying there should be no way to interact with players in supercruise?
A beacon is set up by a player somewhere that can be seen by others, and you decide if you want to engage them (fly close to the beacon and your dropped out). The dropping out would just be for immersion because it's a blockade. The radius of the beacon and distance from starports is to be determined.
So no, you wouldn't interdict players in supercruise.

A beacon is set up by a player somewhere that can be seen by others, and you decide if you want to engage them (fly close to the beacon and your dropped out). The dropping out would just be for immersion because it's a blockade. The radius of the beacon and distance from starports is to be determined.
So no, you wouldn't interdict players in supercruise.
I see.

And when you reached the Station? How do you get past the Mail slot murderers?

I see.

And when you reached the Station? How do you get past the Mail slot murderers?
Well of course that is another problem entirely. Frontier doesn't seem to want to deal with cheats.

But for the most part, stations are safer. At least as far as I can tell (in terms of the way the game is supposed to be played.)

Your idea would result in far more ganking than simple interdicting ever did. An automatic drop-out zone where another player is waiting, without even the possibility of evading it or beating the interdiction minigame? All it would take is a gankwing to drop one right outside Jameson and the lulz would be endless.

Methinks you haven't thought this through.

Last edited:
once again a newbie has thoughts of how the game should be.....training wheels in the form of beacons...
uh...a clue is the name of the game Elite Dangerous...
if you feel the need to be protected...heh..stay in pg or solo..you may or may not ever be interdicted again...weird what some people want..I fly around in open and carry gold just so I do get interdicted.....and oddly in the area of space I fly and play bgs in, it seems that most of the other cmdrs there are always in solo or pg..as in lots of traffic but I'm lucky if I see another cmdr once a month, then they usually vanish within a second or two...and I'm not dangerous or a pvper either...

as someone else mentioned - spatially aware - a very useful tool..to this I also say, you are in a space ship, be aware of not only whats around you, but also where you are, as in maybe you get interdicted or shot by cmdrs for a reason? maybe you are in their space?
tbh the game is not unlike the old west but in a space setting...for some this means being in the wrong space at the right time gets you shot...ask questions later cause I'm not ready to risk a rebuy just for some unknown traveler that just looked at me the wrong way...
the list of reasons goes on forever, the jist is...its the game, this is a very big part of what it is.

P.S. - I get the impression that you have no idea what lockdown state actually is either....

Last edited:
once again a newbie has thoughts of how the game should be.....training wheels in the form of beacons...
uh...a clue is the name of the game Elite Dangerous...
if you feel the need to be protected...heh..stay in pg or solo..you may or may not ever be interdicted again...weird what some people want..I fly around in open and carry gold just so I do get interdicted.....and oddly in the area of space I fly and play bgs in, it seems that most of the other cmdrs there are always in solo or pg..as in lots of traffic but I'm lucky if I see another cmdr once a month, then they usually vanish within a second or two...and I'm not dangerous or a pvper either...

as someone else mentioned - spatially aware - a very useful tool..to this I also say, you are in a space ship, be aware of not only whats around you, but also where you are, as in maybe you get interdicted or shot by cmdrs for a reason? maybe you are in their space?
tbh the game is not unlike the old west but in a space setting...for some this means being in the wrong space at the right time gets you shot...ask questions later cause I'm not ready to risk a rebuy just for some unknown traveler that just looked at me the wrong way...
the list of reasons goes on forever, the jist is...its the game, this is a very big part of what it is.
thanks.......for....your input....

Top Bottom