Replace/Remove Interdictions

once again a newbie has thoughts of how the game should be.....training wheels in the form of beacons...
uh...a clue is the name of the game Elite Dangerous...
if you feel the need to be protected...heh..stay in pg or solo..you may or may not ever be interdicted again...weird what some people want..I fly around in open and carry gold just so I do get interdicted.....and oddly in the area of space I fly and play bgs in, it seems that most of the other cmdrs there are always in solo or pg..as in lots of traffic but I'm lucky if I see another cmdr once a month, then they usually vanish within a second or two...and I'm not dangerous or a pvper either...

as someone else mentioned - spatially aware - a very useful tool..to this I also say, you are in a space ship, be aware of not only whats around you, but also where you are, as in maybe you get interdicted or shot by cmdrs for a reason? maybe you are in their space?
tbh the game is not unlike the old west but in a space setting...for some this means being in the wrong space at the right time gets you shot...ask questions later cause I'm not ready to risk a rebuy just for some unknown traveler that just looked at me the wrong way...
the list of reasons goes on forever, the jist is...its the game, this is a very big part of what it is.

P.S. - I get the impression that you have no idea what lockdown state actually is either....
If you miss commanders - go to Shinrarta Dezhra :D You will be wiped in less then 1 min entering there ..usually :D Very inspiring and nerve shaking when u returning back from 2 weeks trip in jumpa-ship.

But yeh, as for topic - don't play open critical parts for you.

I don't miss cmdrs, I was simply pointing out that numerous people are always hiding in solo and pg and I have no real problem with that
I do find it odd though as so many engineer their ships and buy lots of cosmetics, yet stick to solo...boring.
as for shinrarta, not wiped, I go there lots and have several pvp ships parked there, I get scanned lots, as I scan them, but interestingly rarely ever goes beyond that.
I actually go there and to a few of the engineers systems simply to wait to see, and I usually see other squares rapidly vanishing or simply minding their own.
most people realize that its Not always the wisest choice to interdict a ship full of imperial hammers
I find power play maint day far more entertaining as there tends to be many very bold cmdrs in the pp systems waiting for fun.

Open play, a place to meet new commanders, is too anarchic. Interdictions slow us down. They cause us to unnecessarily lose resources that we wouldn't have lost if we played in solo.

You should at least be able to get to your destination in open. If you cant get one place, you might as well not be able to get anywhere.

Frontier never needed to restrict systems we love from us for new players. Allow starters EVERY module and ship and access to the whole galaxy with less risk.

The replacement? Blockades and player conflict beacons.

How would it work? Super Cruise disruption. A commander will fly near an important starports, disrupt local (key word local) spacetime, and drops anyone out who comes close.

Conflict Beacons would be the super Cruise disruption device and where you drop out at. You'd jump out and be met with a wing or two. And then your buddies join you. Perhaps they could be limited to a wing.

This is comparable to the "Lockdown" state and not the open play suicide we have now.

As for Piracy? (1) who does that to progress through the game (2) Just use another POI like convoy.
Look for a PvE server problem solved. Mobuis is a great start.

Maybe it's not fun for everyone, but again, the current system now doesn't work for everyone.

But engaging in pvp if you don't want to has to stop in open. My approach may differ from those here, but (hopefully) we all have that same vision.

Players have a choice of exploration, combat, trading. They don't have a choice wether they live or die in open. Period.
I agree forcing people into PvP that don't want it is just plain wrong. The griefers must go.

once again a newbie has thoughts of how the game should be.....training wheels in the form of beacons...
uh...a clue is the name of the game Elite Dangerous...
if you feel the need to be protected...heh..stay in pg or solo..you may or may not ever be interdicted again...weird what some people want..I fly around in open and carry gold just so I do get interdicted.....and oddly in the area of space I fly and play bgs in, it seems that most of the other cmdrs there are always in solo or pg..as in lots of traffic but I'm lucky if I see another cmdr once a month, then they usually vanish within a second or two...and I'm not dangerous or a pvper either...

as someone else mentioned - spatially aware - a very useful tool..to this I also say, you are in a space ship, be aware of not only whats around you, but also where you are, as in maybe you get interdicted or shot by cmdrs for a reason? maybe you are in their space?
tbh the game is not unlike the old west but in a space setting...for some this means being in the wrong space at the right time gets you shot...ask questions later cause I'm not ready to risk a rebuy just for some unknown traveler that just looked at me the wrong way...
the list of reasons goes on forever, the jist is...its the game, this is a very big part of what it is.

P.S. - I get the impression that you have no idea what lockdown state actually is either....
If I had a nickel for every time someone here falsely equated "Elite Dangerous" with the game being dangerous, then i'd have a few nickels.

There's nothing dangerous about the game in Solo, so why would there be in Open? You can escape danger or avoid it, either way.

The OP suggestions are likely because OP likes the game but doesn't like all aspects but sees that the flight model is cool enough to warrant sticking with it. I agree that interdictions are silly, but since we spend so much time in SC we'd be cutting out all interaction without them for much of the game. I don't like the concept of a zone of dropout, what OP suggests is an entirely different game, nothing at all like this one. I could see some minor tweaks here and there with interdictions, like forget the mini-game, you have RNG chance of being interdicted. You cannot drive away from it, be it NPC or human player, but you can try to run.

quite the ego you've got going there...
for most of the experienced players the game is not dangerous, but for new players it almost always is.
Your ego is so big though you apparently can't see anything below, such as new players that have yet to develop any combat or evasive skills.
so in that you decide to quote me, inappropriately thanks to your over sized ego and obviously think that the game is so easy to master and of course this applies to everyone, in your mind.

Disagreeing with a new players thoughts on something to change the game is fine, kinda what I did too. but you really let your ego get the better of you and attack me a very experienced player as well as the new player..seems to me you are the top of the heap of forum ganking in this one.
I imagine you with a halo and everything and everyone is below you. You and no one but you is perfect and yet you play this game that is too easy and too simple and in your mind everyone obviously knows this but occasionally its your job to remind them. Salute' o god of elite the simple.
and as another dude occasionally implies or otherwise imparts - Derp....
Feel free to respond and heighten that ego just a wee bit more, popcorn is on, the world awaits your infinite godliness.

for most of the experienced players the game is not dangerous, but for new players it almost always is.
Not really, the new player starting area is a very safe place for new players and they can literally stay there for as long as they want honing skills with players that, while maybe not at the same skill level as them, will have ships that are more or less equal in setup. By the time they leave there they should have a very good idea on how to escape, interdictions & also how to initiate them. If they have left there before they are ready, then on their own head be it - it's a dangerous universe & that isn't going to change.

That said, if a player doesn't want to do PvP then there is Solo, there are also private groups that are large enough to rival open in terms of player numbers at any one time &, quite frankly, unless you end up in a busy are of the bubble you aren't all that likely to see anyone anyway.

It is still a very definite no to the OP's idea for me, there are many options, they do not have to mess with my preferred one.

Systems are already pretty empty places. Removing interdictions would also remove mission wrinkles that keep them from being entirely mind numbing. Replacing them with easily avoidable signal sources, would mean that very few people would ever engage with them. It would kill piracy stone dead as well.

There may be alternatives to the current interdiction mechanic, but I'm afraid this is not it, as it would negatively affect both the PvP and PvE portions of the game.

Back to the drawing board.

Maybe it's not fun for everyone, but again, the current system now doesn't work for everyone.

But engaging in pvp if you don't want to has to stop in open. My approach may differ from those here, but (hopefully) we all have that same vision.

Players have a choice of exploration, combat, trading. They don't have a choice wether they live or die in open. Period.
I play exclusively in Open other than those rare occasions I think I find a bug...

"Don't have a choice in living or dying."

Yes you do. But that choice is not free. The price is skill.

If you don't have it, crying on a forum won't build skill. FD however has ever so generously offered you two modes where you have complete control over who you encounter.

But leave Open alone. You clearly don't understand the point of the mode. I'll give you a clue. A lot of players actually enjoy being attacked "for no reason".

Top Bottom