Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Yea but the issue without votes tends to become expired
Votes apply to an issue that has already been confirmed - I thought expiration happened to issues that weren't confirmed in time (via enough "can reproduce" reports, not votes)

Maybe I'm on the wrong page?

Hey FDev, your issue tracker fails badly with Firefox. Problems range from page load timeouts to creating issues that can't be viewed. ("The issue could not be loaded.")

This has been brought up before. Would you please fix it?

It also offers a "back" link (for returning to the previous step in the reporting process) that deletes the user's previously-entered text from all the input fields. I don't know if this problem is Firefox-specific, but it's infuriating.

Last edited:
Greetings Commanders!

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
With the launch of our new Issue Tracker the Bug Reporting forums will now be archived and all reports will now use the Issue Tracker.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!
Sorry but this is a complete waste of time, since update 7 I and several other players have reported low FPS in settlements and Mauve Adder matchmaking server errors. On looking on the new issue tracker I was amazed to find that this low FPS since update 7 has been marked as 'FIXED'. WELL IT MOST DEFINATELY ISN'T FIXED!!!!
So explain again just how this 'new' issue tracker is different to the 'old' issue tracker because all I see are issues that are still a major gameplay issue being marked as fixed.
Is it any wonder people have given up. Help in raising issues affecting gameplay is a complete farce because nothing changes except the state of the report.
It would be nice if you could answer this question : How many time does an issue have to be submitted before it actually is fixed ? (issues from Alpha release marked as 'Fixed' are STILL an issue) and re-submitting the same issue does tend to be a waste of effort.

Edit update:
Looking again on the issue tracker for similar reported issues I found this reply under the issue title 'Low FPS performance following Odyssey update'

STATUS FIXED​

Greetings Cmdrs, With Navmesh optimisations now in place with Update 7, alongside a number of other changes, our code team is now looking at further optimisations with an immediate focus on motiongraph and a move from tiled to clustered lighting, slated for a release in Update 8, and further work underway for Update 9. As the main cause (nav mesh) of this report has been fixed, we'll be closing this report off. Regards, QA-Jack

Well update 7 is here with Navmesh optimisations and we still have FPS issues as reported so my next question is : How is this issue fixed ???????

Last edited:
Okay... since the last update, the shimmering on planets and settlements is ridiculous.
NPC's in ground combat zones are STILL frozen in place. This is random, though. Sometimes they don't move at all. Sometimes it's normal. Sometimes it takes until I take the first flag and *then all the NPC's start moving around. This has been like this since Odyssey launched. Still not addressed. It's extremely boring to fight a battle where the people don't move.
Random crash issues when leaving a planet still occurring.
And, your Issue Tracker isn't working out in any way that you had hoped.

Fix what you have before you add more things to break.

Really starting to hate this whole experiance, 'mauve adder' cannot connect to matchmaking server seem to be in vogue at the moment. Had just applied a power regulator to restore mission settlement and on attempting to switch it on I had the 'Mauve adder' error, of course when relogging I had lost the regulator so could not complete mission. (even if I had, thanks to those very nice FDev's the lockers and data links were now all empty ( Wonderful idea guys, really thought through)).
It is really at the stage now, after 7 updates ( most of which only seem to make matters worse) that Frontier should admit that they have released a complete farce of an upgrade, rushed to pamper to this 'space-legs' idea and tagged on a very basic FPS format which, to be honest, is badly in need of upgrading in itself. If I wanted a FPS game I would certainly play the likes of 'call of duty' that has improved gameplay, graphics etc and a much more stable server status.
The issue tracker is a joke with issues that are still causing issues from the early alpha days marked as 'Fixed'.
The idea of joining any future upgrade 'alpha' if Elite survives this or even pre-purchasing is just not going to happen after this mess.

I've gotten the "Mauve adder" error about 10 times this morning and the game seems broken. It lost my route on the galaxy map, tried routing to a star but none of the info appears, took a minute to say system scan complete with only one body in the system and was travelling from one star to the next and was getting discovery messages in the info pane.

Any idea when they are going to provide an update without having to use DownDetector: https://downdetector.com/status/elite-dangerous/

Edited for spelling...

I've reported an issue with dolphin shipkits inside cabin 3 times as the other 2 were closed one as fixed Jan and then expired in the next , both had screenshots to prove . Your bug tracker is flawed . And I believe other issues aren't being reported because of this .

Does anyone from FD ever respond in these threads?

Sometimes, yes. You can look for FDev employee posts here:

This thread is announcing that bugs should be reported to the (at the time new) issue tracker so expecting responses here is probably counterproductive.

You could try posting in the most recent patch thread, or just read through them to see if others are having similar issues.

I get Mauve Adder reliably if I am travelling in a friend's ship & they jump to supercruise, if they are in my ship it's fine for both of us so I assume some issue with them hosting the instance. There's a fan-made thread with tips on port forwarding stickied in Dangerous Discussion that could give you some suggestions for workarounds.

Sometimes, yes. You can look for FDev employee posts here:

This thread is announcing that bugs should be reported to the (at the time new) issue tracker so expecting responses here is probably counterproductive.

You could try posting in the most recent patch thread, or just read through them to see if others are having similar issues.

I get Mauve Adder reliably if I am travelling in a friend's ship & they jump to supercruise, if they are in my ship it's fine for both of us so I assume some issue with them hosting the instance. There's a fan-made thread with tips on port forwarding stickied in Dangerous Discussion that could give you some suggestions for workarounds.

New issue tracker, as I said, is a joke with 'expired' issues that are still a problem, 'fixed' that most certainly are not and 'confirming' issues that have at least six replies confirming the same problem. (Mauve adder issues abound in the new issue tracker, 145 at last count some dating back to update 2 and earlier: At least one is reported as 'fixed', many as duplicates and several 'expired' or 'confirming' even some marked a 'invalid'??) It seems that only issues that developers consider relevant are even looked at let alone investigated. As you say expecting a response here isn't productive but showing frustration at the terrible mess 'Odyssey' still is certainly has a place on the forum and considering just how many players do just that should be an indication that Frontier have a player base that is less than happy with their idea of a final release.

Dear FD, the fact that you made an issue tracker is good, but why does it work so badly? While I am writing about the problem in detail, each time as a result, the text disappears before sending it, before I had to restore it from memory, now I have to copy the text into a notebook, or even write it separately, then paste it. As far as I understand, the problem of tracker errors has existed for several years, but why is nothing being done about them?

i came accrose a Bug, i landed on a moon and repair modules, while repairing i want to walk outside but the game crashed.

Went to submit a bug just now and got this:

"Unfortunately you are not able to submit an issue at this time. You can still browse existing issues or, alternatively, try again at a later date."

(the browse existing issues bit is a lie, as that isn't working either)

Which issue tracker do I need to use to report that the issue tracker isn't working? ;)

Greetings Commanders!

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
With the launch of our new Issue Tracker the Bug Reporting forums will now be archived and all reports will now use the Issue Tracker.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!
All that functionality is amazing.
Why can't FDev do this for the Suggestions sub-forum, like make it matter and not just be a black hole?

What is the point of raising issues on the issue tracker, for them to be closed as expired because they haven't been confirmed in the allocated time frame? Particularly for issues that don't require multiple commanders saying "I'm seeing that too" and could be easily checked internally by devs. It's really frustrating.
For this reason, and the closing of bugs that can be confirmed but are just ignored, I no longer bother. I'll just gripe on the forums in the off chance one of them see it there.

What's the point in reporting CTD's if you're just going to let them expire without confirming any of them? Can't land on a planet without CTD and you let all of the reports expire without fixing the issue.

What's the point in reporting CTD's if you're just going to let them expire without confirming any of them? Can't land on a planet without CTD and you let all of the reports expire without fixing the issue.
There is no way to see whether a report submitted via the crash reporter has expired - those reports don't go to the issue tracker. I think you're confusing two similar but different topics

Or you're flooding the issue tracker with duplicates, wasting their time. Either way... ¯\(ツ)

Weird bug for odyssey reactivation base missions: when ennemies killed me (before or after reacitvation and i'm lvl3 authorization), i have a .... bounty! what!!!
So i wake up in a detention center far away from my missions

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
If you submit an issue and use " within it then they display correctly initially.
1636307942383.png

However when you edit the issue, it displays the broken html of "
1636308060313.png

If you save it, then it displays it as text and doesn't turn it back into a " mark.

Also please, please, please give us a dark mode.

Top Bottom