Report issues using the Issue Tracker

Still tells me that my username and/or password are incorrect. Also, why does FDev see the need to add an additional verification step (i.e. google captcha) to the process? As far as i can tell this is another hurdle to actually reporting bugs. This is not user friendly and i'd seriously ask why this needed to be changed/added. Fact is that FDev consistently failed to adress bug reprots and actually only managed to fix a fraction of the bugs that were reported.

@Paul_Crowther
Can we expect this to change (for the better) with the new system?

@krautbernd : Try logging in with your game authorizations rather than those for the forum. This stymied me at first also. The Captcha verification only appeared for me after I had failed my initial login (using forum id), so it seems it's a second-line defense.

I think we need an issue tracker for the issue tracker, no joke here. An entry where to report problems and suggestions would be a good thing.

I often find several bug reports which clearly are about the same problem. If it is clear I try to confirm in all of them, but this becomes tedious very fast. On the other hand, if confirming is needed to make a bug report (more) valid, this should be looked into. It is not easy, I know.

One thing would be helpful: At this time I cannot link other bug reports to my description/confirmation. I can copy the links and insert them, but this is ugly. Maybe we should be able to insert links in a better way? Or give the reader a clear and unique bug report number (there is one in the link, but it would be better to show the number as an ID). This way we can cross reference bug reports which seem about similar cases.

Merging bug reports will still remain with Frontier, but we could try to give pointers and help with this...

They need to use the bug forum as a way to communicate. It needs to be a normal forum to communicate on top of the current system to actually deal with the bugs. Why do they think we don't need to discuss the bugs and communicate things about them? The new system is just a way to practically process bugs. There is more to that past the internal levels dealing with the community. We need ways to talk about the bugs to express information. They need to work together.

I have finally managed to access the issue tracker and i'm kind of appalled at the crappy job Frontier has done. Why the hell do i have to pick out fire hydrants, bikes, cars etc. TWICE before i can even post a bug report? Why can't i upload gifs - or more than four files for that matter? Why can't we format the text?

What the hell FDev? Is this your new strategy? Discouraging people from even reporting bugs? Can i get an explanation for this? Is this intended?

I just looked at the issue tracker. We have now over 100 pages...
And I estimate, that this are at least 10 pages too many! Only skimming the last 10 pages, there were at least two separately created issue reports that the DSS 'unmapped planet shows as mapped' bug is not fixed. At least the 10th post about the game crashing when killing skimmers. And so on...

It is no wonder, that all these reports have no confirming comments, and therefore still are listed under 'Confirming'. If we continue to do it this way, then there will be 200 pages of issues, and most of them will never be confirmed, because everyone seems to prefer to create a new report. To hope that a poor QA guy takes at least a day of work just to merge these reports would be very optimistic.

What can we do to concentrate the reports about the same issue? What use are 4 votes, when for one specific bug alone there are later more than 4 confirmed reports? Should I use my votes all on the same issue? Also it would be a much more clear and strong message, if all the reports about bugs, that are definitely in the game, just because so many people have seen them and reported it were concentrated into one strong report with a lot of confirmations.

The issue tracker as it works now is not optimal...

Last edited:
The tracker is apparently supposed to identify similar reports during the reporting process. It doesn't seem to work well at all.

The tracker is apparently supposed to identify similar reports during the reporting process. It doesn't seem to work well at all.
Some one said that a one letter difference in the title of a report got past it, so it needs some fuzzy logic.

Some one said that a one letter difference in the title of a report got past it, so it needs some fuzzy logic.
It's the same as on the forums - most people seem to believe that they are the only person to, for instance, notice the 10 CR restock bug. So they don't search the bugs for 'restock', they just raise another. Which is why there are 24(!) unconfirmed issues for that one issue (and there is a confirmed one).

They need to make it more like the Support Ticket system which I seem to recall is better at spotting similar issues. And they need to give QA a 'duplicate' category (or an issue merge) so they can keep it under control.

Last edited:
Please explain clearly, that "Confirming" means "Leaving a comment": would be nice to make that a "Confirm checkbox" or button...
Also: would be nice to search/filter on issues you "left a comment with"/"have confirmed" (e.g. on the "My Issues" page) and even voted for.

Would it be possible to separate your issue tracker so it becomes game dependent ? over 50% of the screen estate of the issue tracker is to select which game, not to mention the font sizes are way too big

something like this:
elite.issues.frontierstore.net
jurassic.issues.frontierstore.net
planet.issues.frontierstore.net

the issue tracker would be far more effective if everyone would stop posting about the same issue multiple times and search first and confirm there at the orignal regardless of platform, or have a system in place that'll detect if an issue already has been posted. right now theres at least 20 or more posts about the FSS issue, multiple posts about the crash on exit, multiple posts about indefinite witchspace jump and so on. the issue tracker is a huge mess.

I have finally managed to access the issue tracker and i'm kind of appalled at the crappy job Frontier has done. Why the hell do i have to pick out fire hydrants, bikes, cars etc. TWICE before i can even post a bug report? Why can't i upload gifs - or more than four files for that matter? Why can't we format the text?

What the hell FDev? Is this your new strategy? Discouraging people from even reporting bugs? Can i get an explanation for this? Is this intended?

because if such measures wasn't in place it would quickly turn into a spam bots stomping grounds

Last edited:
the issue tracker would be far more effective if everyone would stop posting about the same issue multiple times and search first and confirm there at the orignal regardless of platform, or have a system in place that'll detect if an issue already has been posted. right now theres at least 20 or more posts about the FSS issue, multiple posts about the crash on exit, multiple posts about indefinite witchspace jump and so on. the issue tracker is a huge mess.

because if such measures wasn't in place it would quickly turn into a spam bots stomping grounds
Multiple occurances of the same issue are a direct result from the limitations of the issue tracker. It's very inconvenient to search or just look through the issuelist.
Heck, searching for "fss" finds issues with not any mention of that string on the issue detail page!

That's what is mentioned in here many times.

Another thing that’s anoying me is the amount of reported issues that aren’t broken features, but are working as intended. While this is inevitable, none of them have been shifted to the “working as intended” section. If players click that filter they may see their “bug” and realise that it’s a intended feature and not report it.

For all CMDRs using firefox out there in the dark, who habe problems with signing into the issue tracker (like me till today):

I used the cookie settings under 'data security' - keep cookies on closing the browser - do not delete. After that I installed a cookie manager plugin, to get the disabled functionality back, because leaving all cookies after closing the browser is not an option ☝. The cookie thing did the trick for the issue tracker and I could sign in.

What I find interesting about this system is that no effort was really made by FDev to create categories to help filter down redundancies. I think on other games that have in-game report systems, which use basic categorization to help navigate a reporting player to the right area.

1. Social - Reports related to squad mechanics, winging up, multi-crew, and the communication interface.
-1a: Squadrons
-1b: Wings and Multi-Crew
-1c: Communication Interface

2. Flight Controls

So on and so forth...given the depth of Elite, this would be a pretty substantial list...but so is the control map ui, so is that really a surprise or hindrance? Drop-down menus are your friend. IF you made it easier to locate specific areas of issues, players would have an easier time identifying issues relevant to them - or determining they have a unique bug.

And yeah...lose the banners and show more than five entries on a page. Good grief.

Greetings Commanders!

We are now excited to launch our new Issue Tracker! The Issue Tracker replaces our Bug Reporting forums and can be accessed here:

https://issues.frontierstore.net/

To report a bug simply log in with your regular Frontier account and click 'Submit Report'. You'll then be given all the steps you need to let us know about any issues you have experienced.

On this site you can:
  • Submit issues
  • Follow the status of your reports
  • See which issues have been reported by others
  • Vote on which issues matter most to you
  • Search for specific reports
  • Help contribute towards existing issues
With the launch of our new Issue Tracker the Bug Reporting forums will now be archived and all reports will now use the Issue Tracker.

Thank you for all your support so far and for helping raise awareness of the issues that are affecting your gameplay!

Hi Paul,

The new tracker is a real improvement and a great tool. Unfortunately it has a serious flaw as you can see by the above comments. The tool really needs some screening process to duplicate/merge reports.
For example: there are 3 separate reports about the same widescreen problem:
all of them in state "confirming". If they were merged, the problem would probably be "confirmed" already.

I hope you do not perceive this as a minor problem of the issue tracker tool. IMO it is a serious one and hopefully will be addressed soon.

O7

Top Bottom