Restrict ALL Power Play Activity to OPEN PLAY Only

Devs....Isn't it time to take the Kids Gloves off?

PowerPlay is more so for veteran players, and should reflect that in its method of gameplay.

Currently Elite Dangerous is being affected by Bots running from the PC side that effects Power Play activity on all platforms.

By implementing a OPEN PLAY ONLY structure to P/P you would force any said BOTS into view of the Players, and we would be able to see and possibly stop any attempts to undermine via Propaganda being delivered at a high rate from a specific P/P Group (Ed Mahone).

Additionally, it would add an amazing new level of Gameplay to Elite Dangerous, by increasing the difficulty and strategic elements of P/P which would end players sneaking around in Private & Solo delivering Propaganda and attacking couriers while no one is around.

Please take this into consideration.

Sincerely,

Commander OMNIGOD66

I can add that mechanism for doing that is pretty clear. But it will need additional PvP flag to avoid changes into EULA, imo.

Thanks for taking this matter into consideration. I believe it would be a highly value added element to Elite Dangerous and PowerPlay as a whole.

i was just looking through the player journal for the first time and noticed the addition of ship position upon entering a new system or undocking.

that right there is the one piece of information any amateur rocket scientist needs to automate a flight path along with the position of all the stuffs around you, which the player journal also provides.

remove that piece of information and automating the flight path of a ship becomes next to impossible.

and the moment the developers make powerplay an open only experience the first thing that will happen is greedy players locking down large portions of the game preventing any and all players from participating let alone docking. i'm glad the developers had the foresight to avoid such a mistake.

Last edited:
I need a module to mark bots as wanted...
A real player could somehow avoid that wanted status by playing some sort of minigame.
(Similar to interdiction, where fast reactions and some brain is important, where no bot can hide so easy : )

i was just looking through the player journal for the first time and noticed the addition of ship position upon entering a new system or undocking.

that right there is the one piece of information any amateur rocket scientist needs to automate a flight path along with the position of all the stuffs around you, which the player journal also provides.

remove that piece of information and automating the flight path of a ship becomes next to impossible.

and the moment the developers make powerplay an open only experience the first thing that will happen is greedy players locking down large portions of the game preventing any and all players from participating let alone docking. i'm glad the developers had the foresight to avoid such a mistake.

Sounds like a simple solution to a growing problem, nice.

Thing is then they would have to implement a way of getting powerplay weapons/shields etc to solo otherwise it would be blocking off part of the game to certain people which is what is said when people want blocked off content either way.

Thing is then they would have to implement a way of getting powerplay weapons/shields etc to solo otherwise it would be blocking off part of the game to certain people which is what is said when people want blocked off content either way.

Weapons and shields should disappear from PP rewards and never come back. 11 month timesink, I cannot remember longer one.
And after that, you can finally start checking out PP seriously...

Weapons and shields should disappear from PP rewards and never come back. 11 month timesink, I cannot remember longer one.
And after that, you can finally start checking out PP seriously...

They should make those weapons and shields as a reward for ranking up fed and empire rank. That way they have more of a reason then a couple ships and permits and allows power play to be in open.

Sadly, there is no way the developers would ever consider gating or increasing rewards to any content in open. Arguments about the risk V reward of playing in open over group/solo were done to death after launch, at the introduction CG's, and PP. The dev's made it clear they want everyone to access all the games mechanics without penalty.

As is usual with these proposals (notice that it becoming usual is a comment on how many times it has been done), it ignores:

• Time Zones
  • Cross platform play
  • The fact that you cannot see other players on the GalMap unless they are Friends
  • NPC hunting in RES locations

Bluntly, it is an overly simplistic "solution" for a very complex set of issues. Aside from the usual PvP/PvE (I still prefer PaP where A stands for Against, but that is another discussion) argument, this is not going to solve "problems" with Power Play.

Top Bottom