Reticle issue

I'm on the PS4 (obvs) and I'm having an issue with my reticle.

Once I've fired the fist shot, it naturally turns to red. at some point during the fight it turns back to orange, then back to red again. No biggie but it is an indication of what is to come. It then just deselects the target, I have to manually select the target again. I find this happens in around one in 5 fights, a bit annoying when I'm doing a massacre job. I'm not the best at combat and this new addition is not helping.

It is not the other ship using chaff, I know what that is and what it looks like.

Anyone else having this? I've asked in the PS4 section as I'm certain if it was an 'across platforms' issue, the PC mob would have all changed their avatars by now.

The simple explanation is, the colour changes refer to when your weapons are or aren’t in range.

The target will be deselected for two reasons
  1. The target has flown out of your sensor range. This used to happen to me all the time when I started. I thought it was a bug too. 😀 Tip. Get A-rated sensors for a combat ship.
  2. the target has used a heat sink. Our sensors track using heat. If the heat signature drops your sensors lose contact. This is also how silent running works. You are hiding your heat signature.
I hope this was helpful.

The simple explanation is, the colour changes refer to when your weapons are or aren’t in range.

The target will be deselected for two reasons
  1. The target has flown out of your sensor range. This used to happen to me all the time when I started. I thought it was a bug too. 😀 Tip. Get A-rated sensors for a combat ship.
  2. the target has used a heat sink. Our sensors track using heat. If the heat signature drops your sensors lose contact. This is also how silent running works. You are hiding your heat signature.
I hope this was helpful.
Thanks for the reply.

They’re definitely in range. I’m running max engineered beams and MC’s. I’m currently 13% Dangerous. I’ve shot a few ships. Everything that should be A rated on my ship is and has been engineered to the max.

It could be the heat sink stuff. I’ve never used it so I’m really not sure about how it works. I’ve had the game almost since release and this has only just started happening. I think I might try and get some video capture. I can’t help feeling it’s wrong.

thanks again.

Ok, so I think this is a heatsink issue which is weird because up until now it has never happened to me. I can only conclude it's because of one of the following reasons.

It was always supposed to happen at times but was broken, so didn't.

It is a new feature of 'buffing' NPC's to make them more challenging,

It has only happened to me since becoming ranked as Dangerous in combat, so perhaps this stuff doesn't kick in until then?

The reticle is totally glitched if you spend a while fighting. So reticle parts become red or crossed etc. fully randomly. Even if all weapons are loaded and in reach of the target.

I filed and ticket on that a while ago. You may confirm it:
https://issues.frontierstore.net/issue-detail/15017
FD will only act, if tickets are confirmed enough.

Quick question, which do I select?
CAN REPRODUCE
CAN NOT REPRODUCE
REPORT AS A DUPLICATE ISSUE

Top Bottom