Rewards for community goals McDonald Settlement

This was first comunity goal for me. How long to wait for the frameshift drives? Normal times.
No one really knows as you'll soon see from the responses to your post. And no, GalNet doesn't tell us anything. "The proposed engineered frame shift drives for those eligible will follow at a later date" says nothing but "we don't know." Some have said one week. Others claimed the Friday after CG close on Thursday. Others claim "No, no, they've got to grid the mats to make the FSD's....Oh....and then there's the logistics of shipping..." <OMG SMH> Just keep checking your stored module inventory. Supposedly they'll pop up there one day.

This was first comunity goal for me. How long to wait for the frameshift drives? Normal times.
Normally reward like this would be given around friday/saturday after CG ended.
Sometimes it would take few days longer if something went wrong and it required a fix from someone at Frontier who would be available after weekend.

This time it's different, because they stated "engineered frame shift drives for those eligible will follow at a later date" , without giving any kind of timeframe, so it will be longer (obviously) and there's no precedent.

It’s funny you should bring this up as I have had this thought my self…. And then subsequently thought… wouldn’t it be cool if everything purchased from ships, and modules, to bullets had to be manufactured with supplies?
Yes, and with Fleet Carriers and, say, a manufacturing module, that could actually happen...

Rumor has it there was a fire at the FSD manufacturing plant. A newer employee in the Hyperflux containment division failed to properly power down a machine resulting in a massive explosion of hyperflux goo. Which we all know....starts fires. Let's send well wishes and patiently wait for these FSD's to get churned out.

I say this cautiously and with sincerity: I've been banging around the black since 2017 and this was my first exciting, team oriented, "let's do this", Communitiy Goal Event! And I have to say that this has been... like ....not exciting. Quite the opposite. Bust your butt, meet the goal ON TIME and yeah!!!!...."The proposed engineered frame shift drives for those eligible will follow at a later date." Um... sorry...what? Seriously? That's a politicians answer (when they don't know the answer) that tells you...nothing. I'm laughing my butt off reading posts (not here of course) from both sides. The old jaded CMDRs, already trained and conditioned to the B.S. "that's the way it is" system. New CMDRs (justifiably) screaming about their reward, "where is it?!"... after busting said butts keeping their end of a "timed agreement". Old CMDRs smugly mocking and talking down to them. New CMDR's offended by them...snapping back because they (justifiably) don't get it. Man oh man, way to go. A real community building thing you've got here. It's a video game. Just push the buttons, hit "Enter" and release the FSD's. The CG is over...payment upon delivery. This is sad....and laughably....kind of stupid.
Keep going, you've almost unlocked the open letter forum achievement.

Rumor has it there was a fire at the FSD manufacturing plant. A newer employee in the Hyperflux containment division failed to properly power down a machine resulting in a massive explosion of hyperflux goo. Which we all know....starts fires. Let's send well wishes and patiently wait for these FSD's to get churned out.
So flammable it makes fire burn.

I contacted support, they confirmed that I did end in top 10% and FSD is due, but literally said "we have no ETA" ... that didn't sound very encouraging at all.
Are they really doing it manually for over 10000 accounts? .. cmon... I did NOT expect something like this, don't they have programmers who can do this automatically by writing a small script?

Yes, and with Fleet Carriers and, say, a manufacturing module, that could actually happen...
Naw, I mean something else…. Like say a station produces the cutter and clipper. The materials are mined commodities from all over the Galaxy. Those commodities are purchased by the station to churn out the ships. Npc and pc pilots get in on the action to get those ships made by sourcing material. Alternatively conditions could arise where the player base or even NPC factions began to actively block material going there, so the cost of the ships goes up.
Or perhaps players decide to blockade a station or where it doesn’t get food deliveries? I just think it would make things interesting if every aspect of a stations life has to be sourced and the availability of material would affect the prices.
Currently the only place we see this is the value of wealth commodities like low temps, void Opals and painite. Ships, guns, food, bullets should fluctuate in price based on a stations availability of material

1642534118359.png

i'm farthering away from the Bubble, the more it delays the more cash i'll waste to transfer them to my FC... and the more the poor delivery guy will have to travel in an back.

Top Bottom