RIDES.....

I don't like to add coasters in the game. But some small flat rides like carousels would be cool. I also want to see playgrounds for kids or better to build playground were kids can play in.

its crazy how people cant differentiate between video games and reallife, the animals in zoo tycoon are not real and video games are meant to be fun. If I want to play reallife simulator I'd go work at a zoo, but RCT3+Wild was a great game and its sad that Planet Zoo is a standalone game instead of an expansion for Planet Coaster :( hopefully someday in a few years, Frontier will be able to improve the Cobra engine performance to support all of these features into one game, that way I can use the scenery blueprints from Planco in Plazoo and vice versa. All that would happen from combining the games would be more options for creativity and awesome builds from the community.

All the animals at Floridas Busch Gardens are happy in their enormous enclosures, even more so than the standard zoos I'v been to, and that place has some of the biggest coasters in the world! so its not unrealistic to have rides and animals in one location. This isnt a matter of safety, its just about the performance of the games engine, but sadly Planco suffers horribly from low frame rates which is why will have to wait for better CPUs to have a true successor to RCT3

Last edited:
its crazy how people cant differentiate between video games and reallife, the animals in zoo tycoon are not real and video games are meant to be fun. If I want to play reallife simulator I'd go work at a zoo, but RCT3+Wild was a great game and its sad that Planet Zoo is a standalone game instead of an expansion for Planet Coaster :( hopefully someday in a few years, Frontier will be able to improve the Cobra engine performance to support all of these features into one game, that way I can use the scenery blueprints from Planco in Plazoo and vice versa. All that would happen from combining the games would be more options for creativity and awesome builds from the community.
Supporting all of these features is basically what I said in my first few posts, I don't think its a bad thing to want real life stuff, considering Steel Vengeance is in Planet Coaster, and all these animals are real life animals~ I don't think its possible at this point in time, what I don't get is people coming along and saying "NO they need to be separate because I've been to the worlds best Zoo" or people backpeddling from "theme parks don't have zoo's" to "small rides blah blah, prebuilt coasters blah blah blah"

And as I said a few posts back, who is one to tell another that they're wrong for something on their wishlist, followed by "you should go play another game because this game is OK for me, even though it might not be ok with you" seriously, I don't go into others threads and tell people that their choice of animal suggestion is wrong based on the fact that my closest and favourite Zoo may or may not have it.

I guess Frontier don't want to interfere with PlanCo, and chances are low that they would add coasters as DLC since there are so many (endangered) animals left to include (And tons of other zoo related stuff).

Okay, I can now make my point here. I can say yes to coasters.
The feature coasterlover suggested, "having a metrix added into the animals happiness, where by if you have a B&M doing A fly through of the encloure the noise and happiness rates are adversly affected" is quite brilliant, and it can be related to something more than coasters. Maybe this feature would not be included, but it makes the point.

However I still think if PZ get some rollercoasters, it would either be some fixed presets(maybe can change color for a theme), or a little downgraded version of Planet Coaster's piece-by piece coaster building system(limitation on adjusting slight angle or length, not sure), because animals are the still top priority for both devs and players of Planet Zoo, and rides=pleasure and thrill for guests are the thing after that.

But I personally find some of Aaronroberts12567's posts disturbing. Why would the date someone joined in the forum matters in the discussion? It's not that your opinion is absolutely right just because you're in the forum longer than the opponent.

But I personally find some of Aaronroberts12567's posts disturbing. Why would the date someone joined in the forum matters in the discussion? It's not that your opinion is absolutely right just because you're in the forum longer than the opponent.
It was more so that somebody who has been here for 5 minutes is talking on behalf of the entire community saying
It is definitely not a majority.

At what point during this topic has anybody confused facts with opinions?

Uh whether or not animals can become stressed with rides. Hello? Lmbo
Whether you put a Coaster near the other end of the park or not, many species hearing is hundreds of times better than humans. You can say,(and not saying YOU, but general) it won’t bother them if it’s far, but it does.

EDIT: Also, just because someone is new (meaning their join date) does not mean they don’t know about the community, you can join so many other forums and fb groups, not to mention lurk this site without joining. From what I’ve seen (fb groups, Reddit, or other forums) people don’t want coasters in their zoos...

Last edited:
Cool, but regardless of your opinion or anybody else's opinion, this isn't YOUR wishlist, and real life parks zoo's, if somebody wants that as a game, that ain't a bad thing is it? Animal welfare or not. And as far as I have seen, people on main Facebook group have wanted zoo's added to Planet Coaster, even on the old planet coaster forums people have wanted them.

I really wish people would stop being all "oh, well you can't have that as your wishlist because, my favourite zoo, or animal welfare, or this is a game and not real life"

Last edited:
It was more so that somebody who has been here for 5 minutes is talking on behalf of the entire community saying

I admit that I'm new, and that I don't know what the community wants, but most people I've seen don't have an issue with not being able to build roller coasters in a zoo simulation game. Again, most zoos in the world don't have roller coasters, or at least most good zoos that care about animals. There are things like carousels and playgrounds, but its mostly about the animals.

I admit that I'm new, and that I don't know what the community wants, but most people I've seen don't have an issue with not being able to build roller coasters in a zoo simulation game. Again, most zoos in the world don't have roller coasters, or at least most good zoos that care about animals. There are things like carousels and playgrounds, but its mostly about the animals.
That's all fine and dandy, but it'd be nice to have the option to build ocean Park one day, or Chessington world of adventures, and many others, people like re-creating things, so many people made disneyland castles within the first few months of Planet coasters release, there's probably more than 200 on the workshop haha

Edit: 9384 when I searched "Disney Castle" on the workshop haha, but you see my point? I wonder how many thunder mountains or other real life coasters have been recreated? I'm not saying frontier Need to do that right now, but perhaps in future when theyre more experienced with the way the games work

Last edited:
Before someone BOMBARDS me with arguments, I respect all your opinions and sides.

Based on what I've heard, Frontier doesn't repeat content, meaning if they have Coasters in one game, chances are low that they'll add it to another. But, I'm not part of Frontier, so I'm not sure this is true.🙂

Regardless of who's wishlist this is, everyone is free to react and express their opinion to anyone's post.

I'm not picking anyone's side, I'm actually on my own side of the argument. Although having coasters in PlanZoo would be cool and fun, It would almost remove the message delivered by the game of "Animal Conservation".🙂

At this point, only the devs know and decide wether or not Coasters will be part of PlanZoo.🙂 I think the best way to give everyone what they want is to add Coasters as a DLC so that if you don't want coasters in PlanZoo, just don't buy the DLC. But I'm not a dev....soooooo😂

Actually, I think adding coasters would give the game a huge lagging problem. But... who am I to dictate. Hopefully, a dev answers us to clear everything up for everyone.

Hopefully no hate😂🙂

Last edited:
The devs have already stated that this game is about animal welfare and conservation, so roller coasters and other rides were not implemented because that’s not what the devs wanted, they wanted people to be invested in the animals, the education and conservation, it’s a different game entirely. There is animatronic animals on the work shop if you really want to recreate a theme park with animals, there is always that option.

Frontier doesn't repeat content,
theres quite a few scenery objects in Plazoo that have been copied over from Planco, and thats kind of a concern to me. It would be really nice if basic scenery objects were cross-compatible, so that we could use the adventure or spooky scenery from Plazoo. I dont want to have to rebuy new scenery packs each time they release a new game. Thats why I really hope Planco2 is more like RCT3 with actual expansions, i dont support microtransactions or DLC packs

theres quite a few scenery objects in Plazoo that have been copied over from Planco, and thats kind of a concern to me. It would be really nice if basic scenery objects were cross-compatible, so that we could use the adventure or spooky scenery from Plazoo. I dont want to have to rebuy new scenery packs each time they release a new game. Thats why I really hope Planco2 is more like RCT3 with actual expansions, i dont support microtransactions or DLC packs
That's not what I meant by repeating content, but....OK🙂

Although I haven't bought PlanCo yet, I was planning to originally buy it with my savings, but that I heard about PlanZoo so I just decided I'd buy that first. Hopefully the DLC in PlanZoo will be better, I understand why they had scenery DLC's in PlanCo instead of expansion packs because that game focuses on every little detail on everything you build, but I won't understand why they have scenery DLC in a game like PlanZoo. But it's way too early to be talking about DLC.🙂

Sorry but 99% of Zoos have SOMETHING when it comes to rides.
No they really don't.
https://www.webjet.com.au/travel/family-holidays/10-best-zoos-in-the-world/
This is the first result on google when I searched good zoos, none of these have the kind of rides you are talking about and are instead about the animals. Zoos don't have rides, maybe some do but a good zoo doesn't. And that is what this game is about, building and managing a zoo. Flat rides in a zoo, sure why not, but in a game dedicated to bringing these animals to justice and caring for their wellbeing, with them even going so far as to add protestors in, coasters should absolutely be left out

No they really don't.
https://www.webjet.com.au/travel/family-holidays/10-best-zoos-in-the-world/
This is the first result on google when I searched good zoos, none of these have the kind of rides you are talking about and are instead about the animals. Zoos don't have rides, maybe some do but a good zoo doesn't. And that is what this game is about, building and managing a zoo. Flat rides in a zoo, sure why not, but in a game dedicated to bringing these animals to justice and caring for their wellbeing, with them even going so far as to add protestors in, coasters should absolutely be left out
I completely agree with you🙂 The game is all about "Animal Conservation" and that's what the Devs should focus on.🙂

Having noisy, annoying rides usually stress the animals making them act and react differently overall shortening their lives.😕

Although it would be cool and fun if they add coasters if they won't disturb anyone's gameplay (Which probably will). Flat rides are fine, as long as the Devs won't focus on them too much. Personally, I'm fine with the current "Rides" especially the safari truck.🙂

Actually, after looking into this zoo a bit more...basically looks like chain link enclosures with little shade in the hot desert and nothing to enrich the animals. Probably not a good zoo to replicate.
I've actually been there and it's really a wonderful zoo to go to. Also, they do enrich there animals and love them very dearly. Plus, there are actually a ton of trees throughout the zoo. Personally, there exhibits could look a lot better though like the Phoenix Zoo. Here's a little bit of history on it. https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/wildlife-world-zoos-founder-turned-childhood-dream-into-reality

Last edited:
Zoos don't have rides, maybe some do but a good zoo doesn't.
grant it, I live in America.
never been to florida? busch gardens? disneys animal kingdom? seaworld? not only do they exist but they are not all bad

and by the way, the animals in planet zoo are not real, its just a game. if somebody wants to dig a huge hole and pile a bunch of animals in and watch them die, they can do that! but heaven forbid we have a roller coaster right?

Last edited:
never been to florida? busch gardens? disneys animal kingdom? seaworld? not only do they exist but they are not all bad

and by the way, the animals in planet zoo are not real, its just a game. if somebody wants to dig a huge hole and pile a bunch of animals in and watch them die, they can do that! but heaven forbid we have a roller coaster right?
Yes they could do that, but that isn't the point of the game and the developers certainly don't encourage it. The simple point that I'm trying to make is that this is a ZOO game, it is about the animals. Not about coasters, not about recreating theme parks, about the animals and running a zoo. "Build a world for wildlife in Planet Zoo." is the first line on the games Steam description because it is about the wildlife. If they eventually make a game that merges the two? Fine by me, I won't like it but that is the developer's decision to make. But a vocal minority constantly asking for coasters in a game entirely about animals and the welfare of those animals is just stupid because it isn't going to happen during Planet Zoo's run, maybe in a future game, but not within Planet Zoo.

Top Bottom