RIDES.....

Sorry Evolution...I didn't mean for this to turn into you defending that zoo. After looking into it a bit and exploring it via satellite views...I formed a personal opinion as it didn't look like a zoo I would personally like. Didn't mean for it to cause such a rut cuss. :confused:

Sorry Evolution...I didn't mean for this to turn into you defending that zoo. After looking into it a bit and exploring it via satellite views...I formed a personal opinion as it didn't look like a zoo I would personally like. Didn't mean for it to cause such a rut cuss. :confused:
No hard feelings wowman. I understand why you thought that with the info you had. :)(y) Like I stated in my other posts. Unless you set foot and actually been to that park, the pics and maps don't do it justice. I do agree that a lot of there exhibits need work and improvement, but that's hard to do when the city doesn't fund you and have to make cash by other methods. I have seen them improving some of the exhibits at that zoo. I believe it was the Jaguar exhibit I remember hearing about. So...the zoo is definitely improving slowly over time. Also, regarding the owners and zoo keepers of the zoo, I've seen them and talked to them about how they love and take care of there animals. Plus, they're always posting on FB showing off there beautiful animals, enriching them, educating, and promoting conservation. Also, if you read the comments about the zoo, it is mostly positive and them stating it's one of the best zoos in the world. Here is a link so you can see this for yourself. :)https://www.facebook.com/WWZAq/

Here is one of there seals enjoying there 2nd birthday! :love:

A Lion enjoying itself.

Here are the Tigers. ;)

Last edited:
No hard feelings wowman. I understand why you thought that with the info you had. :)(y) Like I stated in my other posts. Unless you set foot and actually been to that park, the pics and maps don't do it justice. I do agree that a lot of there exhibits need work and improvement, but that's hard to do when the city doesn't fund you and have to make cash by other methods. I have seen them improving some of the exhibits at that zoo. I believe it was the Jaguar exhibit I remember hearing about. So...the zoo is definitely improving slowly over time. Also, regarding the owners and zoo keepers of the zoo, I've seen them and talked to them about how they love and take care of there animals. Plus, they're always posting on FB showing off there beautiful animals, enriching them, educating, and promoting conservation. Also, if you read the comments about the zoo, it is mostly positive and them stating it's one of the best zoos in the world. Here is a link so you can see this for yourself. :)https://www.facebook.com/WWZAq/

Here is one of there seals enjoying there 2nd birthday! :love:

View attachment 141417

A Lion enjoying itself.

Here are the Tigers. ;)
View attachment 141418
Wow!! Beautiful!!🙂 I wish I could go there one day.

Edit: That White Tiger reminds me, will there be Albino animals?

^ There might be fur variations for some animals, however tigers cannot be albino, and the majority of captive white tigers are inbred (I don’t know if you already know this or not. Just thought I’d put this here in case)

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
^ There might be fur variations for some animals, however tigers cannot be albino, and the majority of captive white tigers are inbred (I don’t know if you already know this or not. Just thought I’d put this here in case)
I'm 12😂 ofcourse I don't know that😂

What does inbred mean? (My 12 year old brain doesn't know😂)

The gene that makes tigers white is recessive, meaning not dominate (like a weaker or less powerful gene) not many tigers carry this gene, because in the wild, a white tiger is at a great disadvantage because they can’t hide when hunting prey, so evolution has made it so tigers are rarely born white (because all white tigers in the wild die out before reaching breeding age
Or they are either poached or have a hard time hunting) so the few tigers who do carry the gene have to be bred together to create a white tiger, unfortunately this normally means related tigers (mother&son, siblings, father and daughter ect..) the result is animals who are inbred, have a decreased lifespan and are more likely to have other sever illnesses and diseases or deformities. Two tigers carrying the recessive gene don’t always produce a white cub, but the chances are much higher

Last edited:
Geez, is this argument still going on? Can we agree to say that it's not a mandatory for zoos to have amusement parks, be it real or virtual? The inclusion of it is a minor matter and we need to leave it up to the developers to decide?

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I visited Wildlands in the Netherlands last week.

Thave have the most incredible Dualing Vekoma family ride, Im not asking for a B&M Giga (Although looking at you Busche Gardens, Huge Coasters and Flats DO fit with animals)

But at least give us Family Flats, The Safari Truck Rides seen at Wildlands and Chessington In the UK and Family Coasters (Again Chessington , West Mids Safari Park, Wildlands etc)

I love how the game looks so far but feel it deff needs padding to appeal to all "Guests" and Players.
Thanks for the suggestions!

It's funny that you mention Tweestryd, the Vekoma duelling family boomerang coaster in Wildlands Adventure Zoo Emmen (The Netherlands). Those 2 duelling coasters were built in that zoo with the specific intention of attracting more guests to the park (which failed). I've been a season pass owner of Wildlands and I've done a few rides on Tweestryd, and I sometimes had the coaster train completely for myself for some solo rides. :D

Personally, I don't think that a modern zoo needs amusement rides that do not have anything to do with viewing the animals, such as coasters and fair rides such as the carrousel. I do like to have things like the safari truck ride from Wildlands, and the tracked boat ride 'Rimbula River' from the Wildlands conservatory (which is made by Mack Rides).

Dutchies just aren't used to having both animals and theme park rides.
We tend to always look at things in a negative way and express that negativity in many ways, but especially on Social Media.

I don't need rides in the game, but why would I be against it. I just hope the devs stick to the core idea of the game, and that is it being a Zoo.

I wouldn't be opposed to one or two very basic, simple rides. A carousel (with zoo animals) and chairoplane would fit. Or maybe a teacup ride (also in a zoo-themed variant, of course).

But whatever they would add, it always would have to have the Planet Coaster "rides code" implemented as well: The effects on guest happieness. The queueing logic. The desire to use them.
All this conflicts with the visitor-needs-system of actual zoo visitors, who want to see a variety of healthy and happy animals and are satisfied by doing so.

Nope, I don't forsee any rides in Planet Zoo.

Last edited:
Agreed, one small flatride would be nice, but that's it. The focus should always be on the animals.

I've seen some zoos with caroussels so that one would make the most sense, but an observation tower would fit quite nicely in a zoo as well.
NO thrill rides or bumping cars though. Those would feel really out of place.

Gonna have to agree, I wouldn’t want a bunch of theme park rides. For one it really distorts the focus (animal welfare and conservation) but it’s not a theme park or game built off planet Coaster, and people need to accept that. It’s an entirely different game, not everything has to include thrill rides. If theme parks are more your thing, then by all means planet Coaster might be better suited to you, but there are people (like me) who have been waiting on a worthy zoo game that could be in the realm of zoo tycoon 2, and are really happy Planzoo is a stand-alone game.

Bo Marit

Lead Community Manager
Frontier
I think most of us are on the same page here anyway, but just to weigh in: Planet Zoo will have a couple of transport rides (such as the already announced Steam Train and Wildlife Tour) which have a main purpose of moving guests around habitats to give some more visibility to the animals - they will also fulfill your guests' entertainment need.
Of course we do not want to disturb the animals or cause them any unnecessary stress, so things like coasters and other disruptive attractions are not part of Planet Zoo!

I agree with Bo, but still hope to at'least see an Endangered Species Carousel, because they are a staple to many zoos and I love seeing my nieces and nephew get excited when they see the carousel at the zoo.

Top Bottom