Road to the Void - Commanders AzoreanOutkast diary - An Elite Dangerous story!

Hello to you all commanders!

Commander AzoreanOutkast, signing in here, with what will be a long last, enduring post, wich will act like a diary for my journeys in Elite Dangerous, not all of them will be about exploring, there will be some side notes and events, but im mainly a pilot interested in exploring the void.

So 1st off, for those who dont know me yet, and my place on Elite Dangerous, i leave you with a quick introduction to who i am:

svh1zc.jpg

So im a guy from a small community on Earth, The Azores Islands, part of Portugal, a country with a long standing tradition and history of discoveries, so it is in my blood to be a explorer, that like many boys in early age became interested in space and all that revolves around it, and has a young inexperient lad i embark on a Federal career, and rapidly climbed the ranks, serving from pilot to crew member in transport ships, assault ships, even on big ships until i retired from the service and was left stranded outside the solar system without anything to do.

As a former pilot i was offered a small, nimble, beat up ship to start my fortunes out in the bubble, wich i did, starting from last January, and boy oh boy... Did ive been busy in this time and went far and got alot of stuff in this short time.
Wasnt all good times, there were some, well, unforseen events that didnt went particularly well, but i did found my place among the stars, i know what i want and how to get it, so that is why i feel confident, that i can write this diary down and have something that is both interesting and catchy for u all to read and see.

Stay safe, fly safe, be always on the alert out there commanders, remember space is your friend, but it can be rutless if u dont pay attention!

o7

Last edited:
So commanders!...

Lets start with the basic, what i have now and why, and where is my "home" so to speak atm.

So i am based in Jameson Memorial, orbiting the Founders World, in Shinrarta Dezhra system, that is my "port of call" as one may say, from where i start my endevours in this galaxy of ours.

That is where i have my current 5 ships, all mediums, built for specific tasks, and cause of money constrains, im missing 3 more that i havent gotten yet but will eventually get there putting the time and effort.

Let me introduce the "fleet":

vchg5.jpg

ASP Explorer "COEUS" my go to explorer ship

2uyj3it.jpg

Python "HECATE" my passanger hauler

3011yeq.jpg

Krait Phantom "PLUTUS" my resource gathering ship

20a2utu.jpg

Krait MKII "HERMES" my grind ship for courier/data/cargo missions

f0c6dw.jpg

Alliance Challenger "KRONOS" my PVE combat ship

All this ships are engenieered, most have A-Rated internals, and guardian boosters, even doe they are build to do a specific task they are somewhat multirole.
I still wanna do 3 more builds on top of this, a mining ship, a thargoid hunter and a cargo hauler, preferably with diferent ship types than the ones im using atm, preferably medium ships, even doe i wont leave out the big ones, especially for the cargo runs.
All the names are from Ancient Greek mythology from planet Earth, some are Gods names, others Titans.

this way of going about business comes from all the experience gained so far in my travels, and to make use of the ones i really enjoyed to fly.

Last edited:
My current project is the Interstellar initiative that is going on, for that purpose i have crafted my Krait Phantom for the task, being that i´v been gathering resources, engenieering the ships and visiting the sites where its gonna be held.

1fjvdj.jpg

The "Counduit" was my 1st stop, served to pick up the patch for the ship with the logo of this initiative that i slapped already on it, and also to gather some data from all the ships going out from it to use in the engenieers.

256bksi.jpg

Interesting spot...

1zdn1vm.jpg

I also visited the surface of the planet where this is at, and gathered some resources, but there isnt that much there to find, other planets are a safer bet for that.

I am back on Jameson atm, where i will be taking the other ships out to gather other resources and work on engenieering them.
Also been working on my Ranks, i am ELITE in exploration, and am working on the combat Rank atm.

Now a little background on the stuff ive been doing, exploration wise, since January...

I started out as many, working my way up on ships, going after the Earth Like Worlds contained inside the bubble and mapping them to make credits, that worked well, and soon i was upgrading, and using bigger and better ships, like the DiamondBack Explorer.

2vjr8tj.jpg

The "DEFECTIVUS" served me well, despite having a small fuel scoop that kept it from really being a keeper, i did mapped after that some areas around the bubble too, never going too far, but getting some interesting data and seing some neat stuff.

n70cjl.jpg

The things u see on the surface of moons...

an1w07.jpg

I even played catch up to a moon orbiting a planet so fast, that basically one had to crash almost into it, basically letting the moon catch us and not the opposite. Fun times!

2le4i1y.jpg

I eventually got to go back at some point to the Solar System (got the permit) and visit Earth...
In this time i got me the Python and was all over the Robigo mines runs, and also CEOS to Sothis cargo runs.

2z5pu90.jpg

Around this time i was always saying goodbye to some station, in somewhere... Since all those credits earned got me enough to buy the anaconda, since as a noob in space i went after the hype around this ship...

27zbuy1.jpg

Space is such a strange, exotic and beautiful place.

2wejif7.jpg

Then the lore got hold of me and the call to do the road to SAGI A, was too much and i went...

2zxtixk.jpg

25pmurt.jpg

1087g40.jpg

I eventually got there and was face to face with the black hole, pondering on what to do next.
This is when after so much travel i started to realize how bad this ship can be when stripped down, and decided that i was gonna leave it for another as soon as possible.

2uzqbfl.jpg

Along the way, i saw so much, experienced so much, there was tedious moments, but some with big "WOWs", and i will never forget those, as i wont forget the big payday in credits from all i had discovered and mapped, the feeling of having something with your tag is... So good!

154yamp.jpg

2ptyoas.jpg

16apn5z.jpg

x5sf2q.jpg

2hsat1y.jpg

2h5tl6t.jpg

I eventually decided to head for Colonia, to have that done too.
When i got there i switched from the Anaconda to the Krait Phantom and made my way back to the bubble on that. (had had experience on that ship before and quite liked it, so was a no brainer)

9iaij8.jpg

One of the sweet moments in that trip was when i made ELITE in exploration...

34xhtw3.jpg

After i returned to the bubble i continued to explore and mapp the area around it, using other ships like the T-10...
Yup i was all about experimentation, about testing all the ships i could, and see what made them tick, even using in tasks that probrably wasnt the best...
This one i loved the open cockpit, but man was it slow and cumbersome... But somehow it grows on u... Maybe later on, will be my cargo hauler... Armed cargo hauler that is, or Xeno hunter... Will see!

wqyl4.jpg

29mvlmf.jpg

30rn136.jpg

I have even dweeled on the thargoid problem and had several encounters with them... Lets just say that after some interdictions done to me from hyperspace, some encounters in some areas and alot of running from them when i was seing my ship being turned into scrap, i decided it was best not to mess with them!
Tip: never take Point Defense if u are gonna fly near thargoids...

ke9f2p.jpg

Exploring with a Federal Corvette, where was my head?!...
But then again, if u dont try it... Was a nice time, ended up building her as a PVE ship, but quickly changed, since as dominant has she is on that part, its boring has hell to do that in her.

30m05si.jpg

I finally settled on the ASPX as my go to ship for exploration and i love it!
Good cockpit view, nice jump, good modules capacity, just some "weird" and "bad" (Brakes)...

35i0l5i.jpg

30mvcqw.jpg

25tkdg0.jpg

27xgmfq.jpg

And that is my "background"...

I have gone to SAGI A and Colonia, explored some of the routes leading to this 2 sites and i have also extensively been exploring and mapping the area left and right of the bubble up to around 5K Ly out... Wich is what i am presently doing, and gonna putt on hold cause of the work on the ships im doing and the Interstellar initiative that is running.

There is alot out there that has my tag on it, and more will have soon, that is my call, the void calls for me, even doe i do this pit stops in the bubble to cutt the tedium from doing same thing over and over again with no results, cause when u are exploring, there is great moments, but you are in for the long haul, there will be alot of repetition, alot of boredom...
But even so, i cant resist the calling from it, i must be part of the void!

o7

Last edited:
As i am preparing to "breach the gap", i must say thank you!

Thank you to all the commanders that have putted the time to read my posts on galnet, and have stired me in the right path, the right builds, the right mind set to improve me as a commander in this unforgiving galaxy.

Even those who...
Mocked me! Criticised me... You guys, in all gave me some hard lessons, but good ones!

When i started out i falled victim to some really awful commanders, that really like to pick on the defendless, but others, even doe they pick on you, they in a sense help your learn the hardest lesson in here, that space is a harse place, and u cannot ever let your guard down, and if u are bested by someone, u should strive to learn to be better so next time the tables can be turned.

288wpir.jpg

The wealth of information on this ever changing galaxy is amazing, and the best part about flying out here, even doe i love the silence of space is the ppl we meet and the friends u do, as i sit in the cockpit of my ship i smile, i smile at having seen so many commanders last night, i had runned into 2 so far since January, and now my hands are not enough to count them... :)

1zz6lc1.jpg

So it begins...

2usfmkm.jpg

I headed out to the first station on the way, heading directly to the system set to be the arrival for the commanders that come in the ferry, making a few discoveries along the way.

2jdet5l.jpg

Didnt took me long to reach the system...

144a9a8.jpg

2ii7l88.jpg

After checking the megaship i headed to the outpost.

f0x4wm.jpg

Got info on the prices for guardian stuff and saw what can we do on it.

2zi7ofn.jpg

Then it came the time to take the Plutus to the guardian site where i could get the key needed to get the blueprints from the second site.
this massive structure in space was a thing to behold...

11mgpr5.jpg

And when it came alive with some laser fire in the right spots, was a nice show to see.
(beware u cant activate them with other guns, have to be a energy based gun)

vpdldy.jpg

After i got the key i found out when i entered the system with the guardian structure that pirates were there waiting to receive newcomers, wasnt even a issue i defeated the interdiction with not much effort, best luck next time bucko, seens your children will starve tonight... (if u have any that is, i dought it!)
But seens that this guys are all over any spot that might house interest to ppl, even out here in the void...

4g0tiu.jpg

When i got there i realize how big this site actually is, and how interesting of a layout it has.
Another good thing about this site, so much flat space where u can park your ship!

261c7bp.jpg

After alot of running around in the SRV, alot of picking stuff up and finding the pilars to activate the site, running for the ship everytime those pesky sentinels appearead, i would take off everytime, targetting them and using the lasers on the ship to take them down, i finally resolved the puzzle after a while and got...

x5yxr4.jpg

Got me the blueprints to a guardian figther!

A tip to deal with this sites and sentinels, as stated above...
Take on your ship point defense, and park the ship near the site so they can cover your SRV when the sentinels appear, at least their missiles wont bother u too much, then have some guns on the ship and run with the SRV to it, lift up and target the sentinels with the ship, alot easier to take them out this way and u dont risk the SRV, after u just land and repeat the process.

Also if u are stuck and cant figure where the pilars to activate are, fly up take a good look so u know the positions they might be and then head out with the SRV again.

This makes ones life much easier...
Just avoid bringing a big ship, u will be flying far to be able to land it, on surfaces and on the outposts, many dont have space for them near where u need to be...

Now im off to the outpost to sell the stuff and refit for the next phase of this iniciative when ppl start to arrive here.
I will take a look at the salvage spots that are rumored to be around here and have guardian tech...

Fly safe, have fun commanders! o7

Last edited:
I had a blast yesterday doing part of the stuff that is required at the initiative, collecting guardian stuff from the surface in the guardian structures present in the planets, at least for the first 2 hours...

vi1yz7.jpg

As i am atm in my cockpit i just go and think about what i acomplished yesterday and the friends i did because of it.
For someone that hadent interacted with other commanders in this game, apart from when i started out and was ganked hard by a pilot that wanted to pick on the little defenseless guy... This was a very rewarding enterprise.

27zkrq0.jpg

As soon as i descended to the planet and into the ruins i found 3 other players already there doing the same thing as i was gonna do, and by the ships they were using, they were either unfortenate commanders that had to restart their carreers or fresh new pilots that embraced the void, since the ships were 1 cobra Mk3, 1 Type 6 and 1 Adder.
They were in a bit of a pickle since they were in their SRVs and there were sentinels everywere around them, probrably due to their inexperience they activated too many things at the same time and were in a bad spot.

So i decided i had to help them out, and i did, since my Krait Phantom is my resource gatherer but has a sting, i packed 4 pulse lasers on it, so i started to target those pesky sentinels as they fired on me (only time u can get a lock on) and blasted away, clearing the area after just a few minutes, the pilots readily said thanks and asked to be friends with me.

After this episode on one of my trips back down i saw another commander going around and doing the same as me, shooting the sentinels down, setting down on the planet and getting the parts with the SRV.

23h67o8.jpg

He even gave me cover and i gave him cover on some ocasions.

I then set down and went to work, picking stuff up and filling my hold, boy oh boy, been able to just add 2 things at a time to take to the ship and go back to pick more, is a pain!!!

1vor8.jpg

29ylc0i.jpg

Mind me for this run i stuck to the system where the outpost is, and did just that guardian structure in the surface, no other one in the systems around.

24zkq4h.jpg

After several trips to the surface and back to the outpost to sell the goods and go get more, it became boring pretty quick with little to none to show for, i did enroll on the CG before turning stuff in to count for the rank of it, and was left in the 1st 50%... But i decided in due time it was time to do something else that would give me credits faster, since i still have some builds i wanna get done and the credits are not enough.

So i decided to head for the bubble and home again (Jameson Memorial), just a short haul 19 jumps.

So when i got back the way to make money that i picked was to go to Robigo Mines, with my Python and do passanger missions, last time i did it made a good amount fast with little effort to it.

120o56u.jpg

Im currently heading there, on route, another 16 jumps haul with this ship...

5ed11c.jpg

Just now wondering if ill go for a especialized passenger ship and turn the python into my mining ship, one of the builds i still wanna do, since i hear other commanders say it is very good on that job... We will see, for now its passanger runs, i know that mining void opals gives alot more, but im not acostumed to mining yet, so i preffer to go for a sure thing that i know how to do before i embark in a new experience.

And ill be keeping an eye on the galactic initiative if i see something of interest i might just head there again pretty fast since im not far at all to do that, 15 or 20 jumps is nothing for someone that went to Colonia and Sagi A already. :)

Oh and PS... If some pirate decides to take a crack at me while doing this passenger missions, better thing again, this Python as a sting, all my ships do, its A-Rated where it matters and armed! Ke Ke Ke! :)

Stay safe, fly safe commanders! o7

Last edited:
Well, havent been in touch or written down anything in the last days, since ive been busy.
But i have been busy ingame that is for sure!

So i was running passengers with my Python from Robigo Mines to Sothis (Sirius Atmospherics) and making a decent buck per trip, not as before, since my Python is not stripped down and filled all the way to the top with cabins, no, in this interaction of it, i decided to have it kinda multipurpose, but using as a passenger hauler, fitted 1st class and business class cabins only, wich gave me limited room to take ppl, but enabled me to hand pick the ppl i wanna to take from the most lucrative contrats, talking about anything from 5 million a trip (in this case 2 jumps there, 2 jumps back), all the way to 10 million a trip depending on the persons that i took.

2mcgfut.jpg

Now...
I must say, that basically almost all ppl that wanted a ferry at Robigo Mines were wanted somewhere, so criminals for the most part, and willing to dish out the big credits for it, so i knew i could get into trouble, so i packed as with the other ships, the A-rated stuff, and also i was armed, so i could defend myself if needed, but since it was round trips, it was a case of high wake out if trouble arise...
I did had some interesting rides, i can tell u that!
In one instance, as soon as i dropped of supercruise and got into Sirius Atmospherics, i was immediatly greated with a message from the passenger aboard stating that ships were coming to kill him and i proceed to get close and scan the beacon so i could be on my merry way, not enough time, i was jumped by a Anaconda, with a Federal Gunship and a Krait MK2, that immediatly started firing on me, i kept on scanning the beacon as i dropped chaff and hit the reverse on my thrusters at full power and opened the gun ports and started to work on the MK2... As soon as the scan was made and the mission objective was done, i used the chaff again and thrusted foward at full speed avoiding the fire of the enemy ships and dealing some more blows to the Krait MK2 that at this time had lost its shields, and proceeded to stowe away my guns and jump out, i did, my shields hold out, my hull took no damage at all, and no modules got even damaged sligthly, the trip back was "interesting", cause i got interdicted several times, the most funny part of that was near Robigo Mines, i got interdicted over and over again 4 times in a row!!!
Evaded all but the last, it was a imperial viper doing it, so i said, what the heck and submited, as soon as i came out of supercruise, i just hit chaff, turned towards him, deployed guns and bumm no more bounty hunter, bye bye!

For my troubles i got the biggest pay of all the runs, around 14 million credits.

I then decided it was time to try something out that i didnt yet, and went back to Jameson Memorial and outfitted my Krait MK2 for mining...
Lets just say... It was a bust!
This all void opal mining stuff is boring as it can be, not that u dont pick up pretty quick how to do, but its boring doing it, and its ubber boring to run around and find... Nothing!!!

I eventually managed to find some, got me almost 2 hands full of them and i call it quites, i did make credits, i grant that, but mining for now isnt for me!
So back to Jameson after i made a stop to sell them at the best price i could find (they dropped from the numbers some ppl talked about just last week, supply and demand i guess working), and i outfitted the Krait MK2 for a new job, so now its my oficial bug hunter ship!

6f3vhg.jpg

As u can see from the image, i changed the name of the Krait MK2, its equipped for bug hunting (thargoids), fitted 4 AX multicannons, 1 big Flak gun, xeno scanner and shutdown field protection, and got me all the best A-Rated stuff i could get, shields to max as also the hull, so ill take this one out for sure sometime soon after i educate myself to the ins and outs of fighting thargoids.

With this a slot opened up for a specialised ship for my grind missions (courier, data, etc)

k1q3c3.jpg

And yes! The ship i picked for the job was the old reliable Federal Dropship, i did alot of Sothis to Ceos runs in it for the Federal Rank to get the Corvette unlocked and i really enjoyed it in that role, so here it is, my ship for that.
When i want to diverse my gameplay in this universe, or if i decide to finally start in the Imperial grind, its gonna come out, wich, is kinda, funny, to use a Federal ship to grind another powers rank... Ke Ke Ke!

derygz.jpg

I had time yesterday to go out and investigate a few systems that were atacked by the thargoids in search of clues that relate to the "lore" of Raxxla, with my ASPX, was fun, made some nice credits from mapping systems i hadnt gone yet to inside the bubble, so wasnt a complete waste of time, since i made credits and got another area mapped, and knowledge is a good thing.
I joined a group that is searching for stuff related to that Lore so ill be doing this "investigations" once in a while for sure.

To close the evening, i took the Kronos out, for some fun out in the RES zones, on route i found this:

vructl.jpg

There was some ships around, some wanted, and some of the wanted, surprise, surprise were Dark Wheel ships!
So i did away with 2 of the group that i encounter (yes they were in a wing of 3), and then i just went and followed the last one threw 2 jumps that it made, he would jump i would follow, he led me surprisingly back to Jameson Memorial, where he went for the station and i thought of i let him land and wait till he comes out and try to follow him, but he turned at the last minute, head to Founders World and vanished?!!
yup that ship totally went around the planet and vanished, didnt jumped out, there was no high wake to scan, it simply "dissapeared"... Oh well, another mystery or a bug?
Will See... Maybe later on will make some passes around the founders world in supercruise assist mode (orbiting) to see if i pick anything up, but i dought it.

So i am currently at a nearby system to my home base making life miserable to some unlucky ppl in a RES zone and turned him for the night, will pick up were i left off tomorrow.

Fly safe commanders! o7

Last edited:
So...

I went bug hunting!!!

I got my recently configured Krait MKII and set out to MAIA to get me some experience figthing thargoids...

And so i went, in a quick journey across knowned space.
Never gets old to see the scenery as u go along...

rgxbvl.jpg

Upon my arrival i set out to find me some easier thargoids, the scouts and i did, quick, lets just say i did them all but had to return to base cause of the caustic damage incurred.
Well lesson learned! Never take for granted what ppl say about setting up your ship, take it with a bit of salt, and u will in the end, make your own configuration that works for you and lets u play as u want to play.
installed a cargo rack and decontamination limpets and out i went, with better results staying out till my hull was low and in need of repairs, this was very nice to up my combat rank faster.
I did lost hull integrity with the change, but with this new feature i can stay out for a long time, if i manage to keep my ship in one piece so i dont have to return and fix it often.

11tu0qg.jpg

It was 2 full days of intense skill improvement, getting bigger and bigger fish as i went along, in some i had to run to avoid destruction of my ship, some close calls there, but learning from those battles as i progressed until i was tagging another type of thargoid... Bigger ones, more scary that took a bit to learn how to defeat, and had to run a few times before i was ready to go all the way and kill them... Extracting hearts, keeping the swarns away or kill them with the flack gun, so u can kill the beast... So much to take in, so much to learn to be proficient at it, so little credit compensation for the trouble, but nice rep each time one would go cabum!...

2q3zt3q.jpg

I will be honest, i had a blast and liked it, but then decided that was time to answer the call and went back to base to switch ships out, somehow the void is always calling and as much as u try not to listen to it, u are drawn into its jaws and u gotta go...

biulvq.jpg

As i am writing this i am back in the void, left of the bubble, exploring, had to jump quite far to encounter new systems, but i did, and am starting my normal routine of using the FSS and them fly to any interesting body to map them, seens there will be alot more tags out there with my commanders name on them when ppl come this way out... A sort of keeping my memory for prosterity...

Ill let u know what i find, if any interesting pops up, and how and where i am going.
If any interesting appears on the bubble or in the guardian area, i might just rush there if need be, since the interstellar initiative is still in my sights and following close, and also the lore of Raxxla and related stories is always a topic of interest to me.

I will bet that sometime in the next hours or days ill regret the decision or feel the urge to try something out and will be back in the bubble selling my data and hopping into another ship, as i did left something undone there, i still have to engenieer most of my new ships so they can gimme their full potential... But that is something for another time, now, now its time to relax and enjoy the views...

Fly safe commanders. o7

Last edited:
And another day, another activity in this universe...

So ive been collecting resources for the engenieers in the bubble, in this case the materials that u can only obtain threw combat.
My thrusted Alliance Challenger has been up to the task, and last night i was been granted nirvana by the RNG gods, since i was getting the rarest materials in a row, wich is nice, will definatly be handy when i start to upgrade my ships up to the level i want them all to be. Ive started out with this ship at low RES sites, moved to High RES sites, and am now at the HAZ RES sites, so ive been improving my skills, talking of skills, ive ranked my current one (Competent) from 25% up to 42% wich is very nice, still a long ways to go to get to the ultimate goal... Elite!
On the way i was greeted with some views that i couldnt stop staring and had to capture in photos.

2qbf71d.jpg

The void can be so full of life and light or could be so cold and dark...

2urp53q.jpg

After this, i needed a little break so i hopped into my ASPX and started on my "pet project" that i am running parallel to this resource gathering, wich consists in going around using economic jump plotting inside the bubble and adding the information, either threw the use of the FSS or mapping with probes of all the bodies in the systems i visit so i have a deep understanding of all that is located inside the bubble area, that will be a big monumental task, since there is just in this area so much to do, but im determined to do it, this comes also attached to the lore of the story of Raxxla, the Dark Wheel and Salomé, wich im pursuing also, and this way im getting the knowledge i need in a all out data gathering in a methodical, boring and precise manner.
Doesnt hurt that this dull work still pays something when u turn in the data u collected, so it is still nice.

4grb49.jpg

The views out there...
I kinda went "what?!" when i saw the color of this part of space, had to register it.

25upb3r.jpg

Oh!... That is right, i repainted my Krait Phantom with a brand new salvage scheme that came out, now i have both my Kraits painted black, and it looks amazing, need to take a photo of it next time i dock at Jameson to show u all.
Even doe i have acess to the Anaconda, Federal Corvette and T-10, i dont regret one bit to have changed back to the medium ships rather than sticking to the big ones, alot more fun and challenging to fly around with these.

35i0l5i.jpg

I am essencially atm doing my mapping of the bubble, the first 5 systems i visited i had all the info of them, but the next one i didnt, so after a quick FSS use i got that info, and guess what? Just around 25 Ly from Deciat i found a system where the only thing that was ever added to the maps was the sun, the 7 bodies around it had never been mapped at all, so i got a sweet 1st discovery and 1st mapping right in the hearth of the bubble!

So that gives me the necessary stamina to keep going and doing this project since if this one was overlooked, what else is out there to still be discovered right in our door step?!
That ilusive "find Raxxla" inside the bubble, that looks a myth is becoming so much more a possibility!

Fly safe commanders! o7

Last edited:
So to the void an explorer goes...
To the oblivion he commands its soul...
In the arms of angels he sets out to the unknown...
Relying on faith to find its way home!

The solitude of its ship,
its his only confort,
with the sounds of whisperers,
coming from the radio onboard!

His mind drifts endlessly...
Open eyes that wont shut,
keep him awake at night...
Never know which dangers lie ahead!

To the gods he asks for help,
just to slap himself afterwards,
for relaying on such superstitions from another era,
maybe from a past life he had!

To Raxxla! To Raxxla!
That is what they all say,
all the commanders that lost their bearings,
and set out on such a fools errand!

24otzeo.jpg

I must be losing my mind!!!

Sorry commanders!
Been in the void, does affect you in so many ways...

Ive been collecting data inside the bubble, looking for that needle in the stack in the barn for so long it is taking its toll...
Also been gathering materials so as to improve all my fleet of medium ships, long are gone the times of wanting to just fly the big ships, i got past that already!

2hdn1bc.jpg

It seens that my "darker" view of affairs and duty is turning into a visual aspect in the way im painting my ships, this days, dark colors, especially black are the thing:

2v2jv9k.jpg

After all this, i decided i needed a break, from the tedious process of gathering materials, trading with the traders, doing upgrades and mapping regions of the bubble that i hadnt yet, but that, that was taking its toll, so i just headed out to the void, this time to the right of the bubble, and kept on going...

25khqfm.jpg

Its weird, that after all this jumps in the last few days ive found alot of new stuff, seen alot that wasnt new and was boring to cross those areas, but havent found a single planet or moon that i was interested in setting down on them... Wich is not usual for me, seens this area of space isnt as rich in interesting stuff as others that i visited so far, but i am heading out, passing near 2 nebulas, but keeping distance from them since those are well visited areas and i wont bother with them.

1zzl65x.jpg

Red is your color, to the void u cast your light...
On my cheeks u spread your touch,
On my soul u do your mark,
to the reachs of space u send your rays!

24vi3gh.jpg

To a crossroad, and danger i have arrived!
All around me there is light and heat,
all the sensors go crazy,
gotta think quick before i rost in here!

i6a887.jpg

After a while, u become one with your ship and know exactly what she can take and do, so this dangers become part of the routine, just something to be aware and ready for, but nothing u cant quickly take care of without wrecking your ship, but they are a constant reminder how unforgiving and dangerous space is!

As i progress threw a large area, i feel the need to R&R, to relax and take a break, even try to putt my sleep up to date, so i seek a planet or moon where to land and settle for a while before the craziness that the void sets on your mind takes hold of me and i go beyond the point of no return...

258co04.jpg

I found a spot, somewhere to land and relax, a mountain on a moon, that gives u a great view of the area around you, both on land and in space, so i headed there looking for a suitable place to land, and my controls went a little crazy, that is when i realize the gravity was... Well... High! No problem, i know my ship so i just eased up on the throttle and maneuvers and continued on...

2dvj1h4.jpg

Settled down for the night, gazing at the stars, and looking up to the nebula in its redish state, looking down on me, what is it that you are thinking, what evil plans u got for me?! We will see! We will see!...

24edw6r.jpg

Man!...

Im so tired!... Tired! Ti... re...d..... zzzzzzzz.....

t8n4tx.jpg

(STATIC)

So almost a week as passed...
My voice fell silent...
The radio says nothing...
This commander is MIA...

But i aint!
Hello commanders!!!
Im back!!!!!!!

Yup still alive and kicking, not destroyed... Yup, sux it up, not today!

wvery9.jpg

So what is this commander been doing for the past days in the void that no words come out from him?!

Ke Ke Ke, i was trying out a theory, since i am in a region that borders a permit locked system that the Federation of pilots doesnt want us to go into, but a explorer always wants to do it, and when they say... No!!!
U go like... hummmm.... So.... Is there a way?!

So i set out in supercruise for a long, long, long, long... Boring, boring, boring, trip in the general direction of the flicker of a star in the horizon located in the "no fly zone"... And i let the ship continue on for a full day...

2eqckzc.jpg

And what happened, may u ask...
Did u got there?!

Lets just say, that for now ill let that... with a question mark... Let u sweat a little...

2h3pvts.jpg

This time out, i am really, really, really looking foward for seing the payday of all this data ive been collecting out here...
Gonna be good for sure, so ill start making plans for a rebuy or a brand new purchase and outfit of something that i like for the collection...

Spoiler, spoilers...

174dhe.jpg

Lets just say that in a system, no matter were or how i got there, i found 78 bodies to explore, scan, mapp, earn credits like crazy...
For a zone so close to a infested area its hearly quiet of bugs, makes one wonder!
But those materials on the surface, and stuff in the sky to go check... Oh boy! I feel like a kid in a candy shop...

On my way into the void,
no wolfes were on the way,
my granny asked for cookies,
i found candys!!!

I should be on my way,
back to her home,
but the forest is so beautiful,
that i have lost my way...

Ill let u know more later on, when i get closer to a station where i can secure the data i got, before i spill the beans of what ive been doing and seing...

Fly safe commanders, fly hard, preferebly with full pockets! :)

Last edited:
In the void we go,
into the heart of the galaxy we dare enter,
we commit our souls to luck,
for a chance of immortality!...

2wmlyc1.jpg

Into the burning hands of a sun...
We dare to enter...
Our skin peals away,
as we run from their arms into the cold!

sybgb8.jpg

Our thirst we need to kill,
maybe on a new world,
we will find what we are looking for,
or maybe not, just solitude!

2eal9n7.jpg

Bernaads Loop...
So close i am to it, going around the perma locked areas...
Exploring the void...

nvr6lx.jpg

Since ive been to Synuefe again and sold all my data i collected so far for a nice 160 million return...
I can say i took an experiment on and tried it, to get to a locked area in supercruise...
Well now its time to reveal what happened...

2h5u06a.jpg

I managed to fly for a whole day and got to a star, just to find out that i was right back where i started...
Somehow, somewhere along the route my ship went 180 on me and headed back to the start point, seens u cant get into that, damn u Pilots Federation! let us explore the regions!!!

103is9i.jpg

Im back into the void again, to the last position i was in before i decided to run into the nearest station and sell the data and asure no one would claim 1st discovery on the systems i went.
But i am left wondering...
Should i just go back to the bubble at this time?
Work on my ranks, to get more Elite status?!
Since all this blocked stuff is really anoying...

Lets just say i followed a pattern of sound in hyperspace and found myself blocked from further exploring/investigating it cause i ran into a stone wall called perma lock system?
I found a ship a wrecked one with data, that led me in a direction and again i ran into one of this walls and couldnt follow it threw...
O well ill keep this information for myself and wait till those systems are finally open so i can follow up on this.

Also it seens the thargoids didnt wanted me to turn in my data, since on the few last jumps back to the station i was hyperinterdicted... Luckily it just scanned me after disabling my ship and didnt fired, but since there was 2 more thargoids there, i boosted out of there with them following me, and hide on a wreck going "silent" until they jumped out and i could continue my journey, probrably i would be able to jump out and dont get attacked, but i decided to play it safe...

jua5w0.jpg

I am divided...
Should i continue to explore? Or should i go to the bubble and work on combat rank or start on the trader one too?
Will see... Decisions to be made later on...

Cya all commanders! o7

Space is such a misterious place... :)

Ive been for the last weeks ferrying ppl across the bubble to earn me more cash so i can persue other plans i got, and also to work on my Trade and Combat ranks, and who would have figured that i would be getting my 1st solid tip about a mytical place from the last source i would expect it to come from...

2upsdb6.jpg

My Python took alot of ppl to places, alot of them were criminals, so i was risking it, but had to be, they pay better, ke ke ke, but i got tired of doing the same over and over and over, so i fitted some cargo racks and started hauling cargo around for quite some time, that gave me a boost in my reputation with several factions, and also my trade rank.
And off course the credits kept growing wich is always nice!

With that done, i stopped in Jameson Memorial, bought a Type 7 and fitted the coffin for cargo runs, before converting my Python back to a passanger hauler... Later on i want to get the anaconda back and fit it as a cargo, or maybe even the Corvette, ill see.
That is when i got an interesting passanger mission from the Dark Wheel faction, to take a certain guy, to around 6k from the base to see a planet... For around 20 million... Wich off course i couldnt refuse such a mission!... Cashin!.... :):):)

Well i did it, came back to Jameson and left the said sir in the base, and bummm... U got a "tip off"...

2i1jct0.jpg

This lead me to jump into my Explorer ship and head out to the planet marked there...

287ezag.jpg

Interesting read...
A ship crashed, always a good sign, could be something good, could have valuable cargo, or good payout of cash, at least was someting diferent to ocuppy one self.

33k6loo.jpg

So after a pass over the planet orbiting it, and a descent into the area the coordinates were saying i spotted the crash site, and headed there and landed.
I must admit i was hopping for the Romeros crashed diamondback explorer... That would had been super, instead was a anaconda on its side, with cargo around...

148fis.jpg

33eprnk.jpg

Now i took my SRV out and went to scan the data from the ship... Pretty standard, got 1st scan a message about losing control and going to crash in the planet...
Did it again and got some more data... Nothing special...
Decided to try one more time, and voilá, i was blown away for what it appeared... And wasnt quick enough to capture it in a screenshot cause it was... At least for me... bombastic!

Basically i got several fragments appearing and dissapearing pretty quick, about dark wheel... about a rendevous at sagi A black hole... A warning that the decryption data and codes for the rendevous were uploaded to my nav computer... About... (something around this terms): "We were going to Ra... and failed... So close and yet so far... "

Damn that really peaked my interest!

10o1qup.jpg

After i left the surface and the planet guess where i am going?

30wblad.jpg

Well?!...

s13scy.jpg

Yup! I am heading to SAGI A!!!
I was planning on going there again, on a exploration trip to get me some more data, and claim some more systems for myself, so this is a good time as other, given the "extra" motivation i got, it wont be a pain to do!

34pnpci.jpg

Covered around 6k in the 1st day, yup i am hauling ... :)

Will see what this leads to, even if it is just another dead end, it will be worth it for what it is, and i can always start exploring from were i left off the last time i went there.

Stay safe commanders, i will keep u posted when i know what is out there.

Interesting. Can you not go into your Codex and read them if they went too fast? Are they not under Commander and then Archive?

Good luck on your trip. :)

That is the funny part... Went and check and...
They are not! ;)

Wich helpes on all the "vibe" thing.

(ps- didnt knew i could do that, tks for the tip)

ATM kinda "stuck" on some huge systems with no tags that off course gimme good data to exchange for credits afterwards, and on a trip like this, despite i wanna get there fast, i am an explorer so i cant say NO to freebies like this... :)

Is the information only leading to Sag A or another system? I am about halfway between Sag A and beagle point currently, and I can help look on the return trip

Top Bottom