Roadmap leaked??

Telepresence is not that bad. It's simply a hologram (already have that with the HUD, definetely not lore breaking) and some remote control. Sure, why can we use remote control over several hundred ly's but not transfer exploration data and stuff? No idea, probably for game play reasons. But this inconsistency was already in the game since Galnet and basically everything else. The question is, why do we even need to fly our ships if we could just use telepresence instead? Maybe this will make more sense when space legs arrive.
My hope is that galaxy wide telepresence disappears when space legs becomes a thing.

Galnet is an issue, but not as bad. It could one way traffic. Would be low latency and would need very little security compared to the direct link into your brain.

But saying that, I would prefer galnet updates when you dock at a station. Don't really need it when I'm 40000 Ly away.

My hope is that galaxy wide telepresence disappears when space legs becomes a thing.
My fervent hope as well. Multicrew should never have been released until Elite Feet was available.

Galnet is an issue, but not as bad. It could one way traffic. Would be low latency and would need very little security compared to the direct link into your brain.

But saying that, I would prefer galnet updates when you dock at a station. Don't really need it when I'm 40000 Ly away.
That's ok, we're not getting any Galnet updates at all 🙄

Agreed. I hope that it gets removed but I fear it stays. The only thing that is sure is the inevitable complaining. :D
Without a major overhaul or telepresence, Multicrew will be completely useless.

The two could potentially exist simultaneously, IF FDev added an incentive to "physically" meet in game and use your 'legs' to board their ship and occupy a seat (with an escape pod please). As an example an exploration seated player might attract a reduced scan time, dual tagging or additional payout bonuses.

Any other player using multicrew instead might be limited in the amount of "onboard" tweaking options.

[Edit: I'm not a big fan of galaxy wide instant TP either but it's in-game and probably won't be removed.]

[Edit, edit: One HUGE difference could be the option to take the helm, since in MC that is not permitted.]

[Edit III: Another seated option people seem to want could include being able to take out multiple SRV's and still dismiss the ship, or not, for surface base interactions and the carriers could be a switching hub where you can walk from your ship to someone else's, and maybe collect double engineering materials.]

Last edited:
The two could potentially exist simultaneously, IF FDev added an incentive to "physically" meet in game and use your 'legs' to board their ship and occupy a seat (with an escape pod please). As an example an exploration seated player might attract a reduced scan time, dual tagging or additional payout bonuses.

Any other player using multicrew instead might be limited in the amount of "onboard" tweaking options.

[Edit: I'm not a big fan of galaxy wide instant TP either but it's in-game and probably won't be removed.]

[Edit, edit: One HUGE difference could be the option to take the helm, since in MC that is not permitted.]

[Edit III: Another seated option people seem to want could include being able to take out multiple SRV's and still dismiss the ship, or not, for surface base interactions and the carriers could be a switching hub where you can walk from your ship to someone else's, and maybe collect double engineering materials.]
Gameplay wise, sure they could coexist. It's the broken lore issues with galaxy wide instant telepresence that I would like to see removed.

Agreed. I hope that it gets removed but I fear it stays. The only thing that is sure is the inevitable complaining. :D
Without a major overhaul or telepresence, Multicrew will be completely useless.

2020 IS the time i am hoping for a major overhaul..... and we get the crew which was detailed prelaunch, npcs with skills we can train, who take a salary (hopefully a sensible one).

Player multicrew would then imo make sense to work 1 of 2 ways, you put your character in the ship, like wings work now , during that session you gain credits AND build rep/rank etc OR for that session you do not play as your cmdr but instead play as your mates crew person.
no telepresence needed but still instantly accessible....... carrots to encourage it would be i dunno, maybe give a 2x multiplier of the XP that crew person gains when being controlled by a player.

any money earned in that session which is then past to the player who was playing the crew person for that session I think would be best left ignored... ie the money goes in their account but dont try to write it into lore..... its just the bank balance goes up a bit. Rank and reputation to your CMDR I doubt would be a thing in this mode.

At this point i expect i will be disapointed on this (which is not to say i think the rest of the DLC will disappoint) ... but hope dies last. npc Ships crew and the rpg elements surrounding them were probably the single biggest post release update i was looking forward too (even more so than npc wingmates which also got swapped out).

Last edited:
After all the work that has been done including free updates that didn't cost players a penny, some people demand too much.
-------------
If you ever, in the past, even once, defended the state of the game or otherwise deflected criticism on the basis of "hey it's early days give them a chance," or suggested that complaints at the time were unfair and invalid because certain things wiiiiiiiill get fixed in the future, then you don't get to double-dip on that premise by calling those fixes to an underwhelming game "free updates that didn't cost players a penny."

You can be correct now, or you can be correct back then, but you can't be both.

After all the work that has been done including free updates that didn't cost players a penny, some people demand too much.

You are wrong! You assume that people want too much for a penny, but anybody demanded that! I for example would have paid in the past for more, but FD didn't ask for more money that could then have spent to better development!

You assume that people want too much for a penny, but anybody demanded that! I for example would have paid in the past for more,

The majority of players don't want to pay a monthly subscription either. If you want to support the game then you can buy the next expansion.

I didn't meant a monthly subscription. I simply meant new content for money.

People could buy the Horizons expansion in advance. Development took longer than expected and some people had other expectations. So that didn't work well. If they release smaller chunks of paid DLC then they shouldn't do pre-sales. Maybe we'll get more paid DLC after the New Era expansion.

-------------
If you ever, in the past, even once, defended the state of the game or otherwise deflected criticism on the basis of "hey it's early days give them a chance," or suggested that complaints at the time were unfair and invalid because certain things wiiiiiiiill get fixed in the future, then you don't get to double-dip on that premise by calling those fixes to an underwhelming game "free updates that didn't cost players a penny."

You can be correct now, or you can be correct back then, but you can't be both.
I can do both because I liked the game at release and still like it after countless 'free' updates.
I can also hope for improvements and still be grateful for receiving them.
If people think the game is underwhelming they should probably just go away, especially if they find the game underwhelming for 5 years. Otherwise they are just being ridiculous.

I can do both because I liked the game at release and still like it after countless 'free' updates.
I can also hope for improvements and still be grateful for receiving them.
If people think the game is underwhelming they should probably just go away, especially if they find the game underwhelming for 5 years. Otherwise they are just being ridiculous.

If people can wait 2000 years for Jesus, it's not that weird to wait a couple of years for a Jesus patch.

Top Bottom