Roadmap leaked??

Frontier signs an IP Licence with Games Workshop Group PLC

Intriguing :)

A shift into RTS. Slightly presaged by our friendly neighbourhood leak at any rate:

Project Marconi - A real time strategy game. Man v Machine and Lego Star Wars are both being worked on.

(I could never turn up anything for Man v Machine. Anyone know if that actually refers to an existing IP / title?)

Hope that the "New Era" will be the planets with atmosphere, fauna and flora.

And also a lot more life.

--------------------------------------------------------------

😷

Regarding that Games Workshop IP Licence, got to say I'm slightly disappoint it's for Age of Sigmar and not 40K.

Also, if you read the whole thing, it mentions that the Covid-19 may result in "potential delays to production schedules for content releases, including for Elite Dangerous' next major update", though it you read the whole context there, it does seem that it would be significant.

From that Trading Report:

"We had originally planned for the Elite Dangerous major update to release in December 2020, but, in the context of the current Covid-19 environment, we have now set a Q1 2021 release date."

I wonder how much further that will slip?

From that Trading Report:

"We had originally planned for the Elite Dangerous major update to release in December 2020, but, in the context of the current Covid-19 environment, we have now set a Q1 2021 release date."

I wonder how much further that will slip?
I think with there being a larger buffer between all this virus stuff and the release it probably won't be too much further, it at all.

Games workshop is an ingrequing development in the ongoing saga of this leaks veracity.

But I have to admit I am a little salty that the first we (the players of elite who have been on content drought for two years) hear of the delay to new era is through one of us reading financial reports. It is pretty poor performance by Frontier not to have communicated that to us directly. I suspect this suppression fo the bad news will have been to not taint the hype for carriers, but still.

Games workshop is an ingrequing development in the ongoing saga of this leaks veracity.

But I have to admit I am a little salty that the first we (the players of elite who have been on content drought for two years) hear of the delay to new era is through one of us reading financial reports. It is pretty poor performance by Frontier not to have communicated that to us directly. I suspect this suppression fo the bad news will have been to not taint the hype for carriers, but still.

They did communicate it (yesterday)

As they are a ltd company, shareholders legally have to be told first, before the general public.

Cheers

As they are a ltd company, shareholders legally have to be told first, before the general public.

Cheers
Buy some shares then.

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator

Also:

Principles of disclosure

The information which is required by these rules must be notified by the AIM company no later than it is published elsewhere. An AIM company must retain a Regulatory Information Service provider to ensure that information can be notified as and when required.

An AIM company must take reasonable care to ensure that any information it notifies is not misleading, false or deceptive and does not omit anything likely to affect the import of such information.

It will be presumed that information notified to a Regulatory Information Service is required by these rules or other legal or regulatory requirement, unless otherwise designated.

General disclosure of price sensitive information

An AIM company must issue notification without delay of any new developments which are not public knowledge which, if made public, would be likely to lead to a significant movement in the price of its AIM securities. By way of example, this may include matters concerning a change in:
— its financial condition;
— its sphere of activity;
— the performance of its business; or
— its expectation of its performance.

"We had originally planned for the Elite Dangerous major update to release in December 2020, but, in the context of the current Covid-19 environment, we have now set a Q1 2021 release date"

Lets forget about the planned 2017 update which then got moved to 2019 to then be moved to 2020 and now 2021.
Thats not a plan...

Anyone know how the market is reacting to this news? And just how big, market-wise (shares), is Frontier? I just wonder who looks looks at all the business out there and thinks, "Ahh this Frontier, this is the next Microsoft, the next Apple! Invest, invest!!" Maybe in Britain they are the next Microsoft... 🤷

Cheers

I have to put my hands up, that post you linked to slipped under my radar - I goofed!

However I tapped like on your psot as I did genuinely learn something from it - the obligation of a company to notify its shareholders first was something I was not conciously aware of.

There was an update planned for 2017 that has moved to 2021?
Theoretically, way back when, Elite was envisaged as rolling out quarterly updates in seasons, hence release 1.0 -->1.1 --> 1.2 --> etc then 2.0 incrementing up to 2.1. So there was an expectation that 2017 would see the start of a new season, that new season being the next big paid game changing update. That was shelved with "beyond" season ebign a year of free updates through out 2018. Expection was created of a new paid update in 2019, that update is now "new era", and has slid to 2021.

So from a certain point of view, new era, the next big paid update, has slid from its original timeline of 2017 --> 2019 -->2020 -->2021 - but only from that certain skewed point of view.

Top Bottom