Roadmap leaked??

Hmm, super weird that the source would continue to give info, would put their job even further at risk. (Possibly the leaker spooling out what they've got?)

(Is the email screengrab ludicrously blurry for anyone else? Or just my phone :/) [EDIT: It was my phone :D]

The Tharg concept does look very FDev. If that's the form could totally go with it.

Or a cunning double bluff! If not it has just been narrowed down to a female tech artist who, if the leak had any validity, was probably warned after the first leak (along the everyone else) about the likely result of breaking their contract by leaking ip information to the general public.

That's not a good look on your cv. Especially when you need a new job and you have to explain it to a potential new employer.

Edit: I just saw this image on the 'leak'. All a bit weird.

Last edited:

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
have you seen this?

IIGBIpp.jpg

it seems another leak:

I think that "speculation" is somewhat old (00:50 if time stamp does not work):

Source: https://youtu.be/-nDYYYqrhp4?t=50

Viajero

Volunteer Moderator
Last edited:
IIGBIpp.jpg

Must say I do like this design.

But some thoughts :

• It has 8 points where it touches the ground
  • It will be tricky to animate
  • How does it eat, does its head lift up like a dustbin? :D
  • How does it sit in a chair o_O
  • It is an interesting base to build onto, ie evolved versions
  • From an evolutionary POV, why the long limbs, evolved in a watery environment maybe?
  • Where are its eyes, predators usually have front facing eyes, prey have side vision. Is that round bit in the middle an eye?
  • It has a huge throat, assuming it makes noises, it's probably gonna be deep, guttural... tuba on legs?
  • That pattern on its head, perhaps this could this shift cuttlefish style and be a means of communication?

Or a cunning double bluff! If not it has just been narrowed down to a female tech artist who, if the leak had any validity, was probably warned after the first leak (along the everyone else) about the likely result of breaking their contract by leaking ip information to the general public.

That's not a good look on your cv. Especially when you need a new job and you have to explain it to a potential new employer.

Edit: I just saw this image on the 'leak'. All a bit weird.
Someone apparently used their company email to forward these leaks.

lol

Yeah, are we dealing with a young / naive dev & leaker. A leaker desperate to prove their sourcing? (Why image grab rather than copypaste etc? Why reveal the receiver's name etc?)

Def odd.

My thoughts.

The alien image is impressive for sure. I'd be fairly happy if that were real. Design-wise it feels 'on-brand' and lore-friendly. Technically... well I think it's an image that anyone with fair-to-middling ZBrush skills could have created, ZB has tools that make alien forms like that relatively easy to put together, complete with all the skin texture detail, but that doesn't mean it's not potentially a real ED asset either.

I'm almost leaning towards the idea this is an orchestrated official leak - if it's not just a complete fake that is. It seems odd that this is ongoing and hasn't been shut-down yet. If it's real, FD must know about it and would have a pretty good idea of who's doing it.

I'm put in mind of the 'Waking Titan' ARG that Hello Games started before their Atlas Rises update a couple of years ago. It came out of nowhere and there was, at first, no sign it was anything to do with NMS or HG until much later when people started putting various clues together. Is it possible FD are just releasing 'sneak-peaks' in an unusual way? 2020 is a long time to wait with nothing at all.

The way FD are reacting (or rather not reacting) to this makes me think it's either utter bobbins and and they're not concerned about it ...or it's somehow 'sanctioned'.

The new Thargoid render definitely looks better than, and a significant iteration on the previous leaked models.
Fair point, but my ultimate question is "Where would we see it in game?" If they are developing octopedal alien assets, why? We can't leave the CMDR's chair, so unless legs are a thing, why develop these assets?

showing off future content without having to deliver gameplay or even officially acknowledge that it IS content......Chris Robers, is that you??

what next? selling acces to a bet......oh, right.

Fair point, but my ultimate question is "Where would we see it in game?" If they are developing octopedal alien assets, why? We can't leave the CMDR's chair, so unless legs are a thing, why develop these assets?

I think it's definitely for legs. Boarding Thargoid ships and taking out the crew, likely.

There aren't even human character models anywhere in the game apart from in cockpit seats - not even as ambient decoration around starports - so making Thargoid character models cannot just be for decoration.

My son actually refuses to play Elite because the game world isn't complete... He wants to be able to land on any planet his ship logically could and everything else would break immersion. Can't really blame him for that actually.

Well, good luck to him playing any game in that case. Logically speaking there is no reason why I can't cross the ocean in my boat in GTA5, or why I cant fly higher in my jet. Or why I have to turn around in The Witcher 3 when approaching the edge of the map.

The way FD are reacting (or rather not reacting) to this makes me think it's either utter bobbins and and they're not concerned about it ...or it's somehow 'sanctioned'.

It doesn't matter either way to them; regardless of whether this is true or not it provides an interesting perspective on how the community would respond to certain things. And they get this info without having to promise or suggest anything in any shape or form.

the problem i see with spacelegs is that there is no overlap with frontier's specific skills.

take elite, rip out the stellar forge and the flight model and possibly vr and you're left with something really unimpressive. do we need yet another mediocre fps clone, just so it connects to the elite lore and we tick a box? there are dozens of those around already, why do we need one done the 'frontier' way .... will you enjoy having to perform 3 or 4 ui interactions just to switch from your magic building ray to your sidearm, or having a mode for running, another for shooting and yet another to build bases?

if you ask me ... they should flesh out the galaxy instead. anyhow, we'll see how it goes.

Top Bottom