Roadmap leaked??

Yeah, oh the trauma of finding hints of a big new feature! The horror!!! Apology definitely accepted - sorry had to pause there I am verklempt! Hahahahaha! Btw if base building will be a thing that is an awesome thing. Just saying...

Hmmm - fdev seem to have accidentally confirmed base building ;)

Look at the source for the web page : https://arx.elitedangerous.com/

Near the top :

Anyway, discuss :)
Great find! :)

Not nailed on base building per se, but a swivel towards player-owned buildings looks like it's on for sure :)

Without skirting too close to ToS territory, I did chat to one of the guys who goes file diving, and there's a reference to 'station customisations' in the latest update, (as well as a fair bit of expected Carriers stuff). Possibly unrelated (could be BGS related variety or whatever). But it seems even more intriguing now ;)

Nice find. I believe "weapons" is also a reference to FPS gameplay.
Nah, that could easily just refer to the existing weapon colours etc.

EDIT: Oh wait, I take that back. Didn't realise the live site excluded the weapons bit too!

Last edited:
Or, and bear with me, bases will have gameplay functions and also allow cosmetic customization. I know, I am a genius, but it is possible!
Option 3: bases are functional and have optional cosmetics - see ships and SRVs
Or we can change the look / interior of bases like we can change the look of our ships.
🤷‍♂️
Ok that I'm not mother language... but "buildings" clearly means "buildings".. It says you can buy buildings with arx, not carpets, chairs, interiors... BUILDINGS! :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom