Roadmap leaked??

There's nothing to say we can't farm moss patches on worlds too, having all kinds of grand mini-games keeping the humidity just right and all that. I'd rather Frontier develop the game I paid for though.

No one bought MossFarmSpaceSim 33XX from Frontier that I'm aware of.

That some people might happen to have a fondness for moss (such as myself), or more aptly, grinding survival/farming/fort building type games being a dime a dozen and popular in general these days, is hopefully inconsequential.

Last edited:
Our ships are our bases? Do you realize how absurd that sounds?
Apparently you haven't followed any of the early dev talk about this game and had no idea what you bought into. It was a plan early on and has not been rescinded since that we could be able to move around within our ships, and yes some of our ships are quite large indeed and are in effect our customizable bases of operations, even housing other ships and vesicles within them now too.

Apparently you haven't followed any of the early dev talk about this game and had no idea what you bought into. It was a plan early on and has not been rescinded since that we could be able to move around within our ships, and yes some of our ships are quite large indeed and are in effect our customizable bases of operations, even housing other ships and vesicles within them now too.

Same crazy argument that killed Eve's Walking in Station. A few popular people cried foul and they ended it. So goes to say lost 50% of their paying base.

Same crazy argument that killed Eve's Walking in Station. A few popular people cried foul and they ended it. So goes to say lost 50% of their paying base.
Walking around in stations and presumably ground based stations and otherwise has also been planned since early on. I was talking about the notion of typical pop game fort building on stationary worlds not really being fitting for this game. I have no real idea what Eve's been up to as I don't play nor follow the game. Cheers.

Last edited:
Yeah like a game evolving into fun. How crazy is that?
Or run of the mill bland stupidity. Six of one a half dozen of the other. I'd rather this game excel at what it is and what it's good at than be "fun" for people that would rather be playing a different sort of game instead. Thankfully, we already have these options and I already have some of these sort of games to play when I care to. When I play Elite though, I'd prefer to play Elite.

Or run of the mill bland stupidity. Six of one a half dozen of the other. I'd rather this game excel at what it is and what it's good at than be "fun" for people that would rather be playing a different sort of game instead. Thankfully, we already have these options and I already have some of these sort of games to play when I care to. When I play Elite though, I'd prefer to play Elite.
Ok, so if you love the game so much exactly as it is...

Don't use the DLC. Everyone who wants it, has that choice. Win / win.

My good sir, you sound really salty. I’m guessing this salt stems from the fact that you want elite to remain a flight sim only instead of it becoming a true space sim when legs gets released. I don’t see the issue here. If you want to play it as a flight sim only, you need not part take in any of the EVA and just remain attached to your chair. But I’m willing to bet that when legs comes around, you and many other naysayers will embrace it.

Last edited:
Elite's never been much of a flight sim that I'm aware of (unless you mean that it's a game about piloting sci-fi spaceships, which I do think is a core element of it), and I'm only expressing my observations and opinions here. Obviously some people might not agree with them, and I'm OK with being wrong... :p It happens.

I'm looking forward to "space legs" being implemented sometime, by the way. I would very much like to walk around stations. My comments were more about the notion of stationary base/fort building gameplay that's popular in many games these days. Cheers.

Edited for clarity. :)

Last edited:
There's nothing to say we can't farm moss patches on worlds too, having all kinds of grand mini-games keeping the humidity just right and all that.
No there isn't if Fdev decide to add it in, but I can't see it being a heavily used feature, while player bases may well be if done well.

Also what's wrong with mini-games. It's the only way to add new mechanics, or would you prefer to use the exact same mechanic for everything in the game?

I'd rather Frontier develop the game I paid for though.
What I paid for is the main game and horizons, I seem to have got those and I am assuming you have too. If you are an LEP holder, they already mentioned space legs and personal bases in the Kickstarter, so you are getting what you paid for there as well. I really can't see the issue.

No one bought MossFarmSpaceSim 33XX from Frontier that I'm aware of.

That some people might happen to have a fondness for moss (such as myself), or more aptly, grinding survival/farming/fort building type games being a dime a dozen and popular in general these days, is hopefully inconsequential.
What has MossFarmSpaceSim got to do with personal player bases? If it was a widely called for feature, then I would have to put up with it, but nobody is asking for MossFarmSpaceSim. There are plenty that want their own personal base. I am not sure I will bother myself, but happy for the others that want them, if it gets implemented.

If you are an LEP holder, they already mentioned space legs and personal bases in the Kickstarter, so you are getting what you paid for there as well. I really can't see the issue.

I remember space legs being mentioned back in the KickStarter, but I don’t remember personal bases. If my memory is correct (which it may not be) personal bases was a suggestion from the player base which came later.

Everybody has seen and read all that old stuff. I don't think anyone wants Elite to be a paste a base game. Some have billions of credits and nothing to spend it on besides re-buys. Buying bases and/or having them built over a period of time would be good overall boost for game play. Its just sounds dumb (MO) in a universe as huge as Elite to say our ship is our base.

Top Bottom