Roadmap leaked??

Sir, you are kind of optimistic.
It's known from the very early stages that ED uses mostly P2P-instancing networking model. Events handled from server-side part are background mechanics like Market prices etc.
They are dedicated servers. ED uses a hybrid system of servers and P2P networking. I suggest you look it up. I never once said ED uses a server client system, only that it has dedicated servers, which it does.

Now, little bit sceptical opinion of mine. Look... We have something which can be related to spacelegs interaction and it's called multicrew. This is actually how game would behave on networking model ED uses right now (do your own picture). If i can remember well, FDev didn't even bother to optimize connection stability between two or more peers not to mention any perceptible backend polishing during this 2 years since it's release.
I have played other P2P games without these issues. I accept that the networking does need to be improved upon somehow. A client/server system though would likely not help and it has it's own flaws. As it happens I rarely play with other players so I doubt any of the instancing issues would effect me much.

I would love to believe it's purposedly done because of new model being coded but... it's FDev and 6 year of experience. Compared to e.g No man's sky which was doomed to wither short after release and look how game changed after not even 3 years. ED is mismanaged and done with laziness.
And NMS is still a load of garbage. Just much better garbage then before, but still garbage never the less. If you think ED is mismanaged and done with laziness, that is up to you. Personally I can't see anything lazy about it. Some poor decisions at times I accept, but that is not unusual for an ever evolving game.

In addition, the currently turbulent incident with in-game hacking does not add much faith to FDev.
I know nothing about hacking and have not seen any in operation. I am sure it happens though as it does with many online games until they get banned.

I very much doubt the instancing issues with other players will do that much. I have no issues winging up when I do (its rare though). I also have no issues when other commanders are around.

Last edited:
Interesting tweet today...

The leak is here https://www.removeddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/bewyer/frontier_developments_roadmap/

It says the next planet coaster dlc will be ghostbusters and what is the planco latest tweet?.....

Source: https://twitter.com/PlanetCoaster/status/1129341128644419584?s=09

A ghost! With the comments talking about a suspected ghostbusters pack coming....
It could be all true. Shock horror. At least I will have something to look forward to.

Interesting tweet today...

The leak is here https://www.removeddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/bewyer/frontier_developments_roadmap/

It says the next planet coaster dlc will be ghostbusters and what is the planco latest tweet?.....

Source: https://twitter.com/PlanetCoaster/status/1129341128644419584?s=09

A ghost! With the comments talking about a suspected ghostbusters pack coming....

Oo nice. Will be interesting to see if it's just a ghost theme etc. As people pointed out at the time, an actual Ghostbusters tie-in seemed unlikely for a minor DLC. But think a ghost pack is still in the right ballpark :)

(Caveats remain. We wait on the more detailed July JWE DLC, as that seems less likely to be file dipping / certification leaking or whatever. But more intrigue :))

Oo nice. Will be interesting to see if it's just a ghost theme etc. As people pointed out at the time, an actual Ghostbusters tie-in seemed unlikely for a minor DLC. But think a ghost pack is still in the right ballpark :)

(Caveats remain. We wait on the more detailed July JWE DLC, as that seems less likely to be file dipping / certification leaking or whatever. But more intrigue :))

The plot thickens as we wait for frontier to tell us things so we can speculate more!!

It's looking increasingly likely that the 'leaked' roadmap is actually legit.

Of course, it could have been planned by Frontier themselves...

Of course, it could have been planned by Frontier themselves...

That's just a silly speculation...announcing things like what is in the leaks is part of marketing. You don't make your FIRST announcement of those things all combined into one obscure reddit post. It's not as effective as nice, official announcements. In some ways it is even a hindrance...people are spending time speculating on the veracity of the leak rather than being excited by the actual content (the latter being the point of announcements like that).

That's just a silly speculation...announcing things like what is in the leaks is part of marketing. You don't make your FIRST announcement of those things all combined into one obscure reddit post. It's not as effective as nice, official announcements. In some ways it is even a hindrance...people are spending time speculating on the veracity of the leak rather than being excited by the actual content (the latter being the point of announcements like that).

Yeah. I mean it's a fun idea (keep the info-hungry fanbase happy with backwater, plausibly-deniable stuff). But eventually it hits the big press, your rushes into market gaps are flagged, your hype cycles unspun. Marketing start encasing your stapler in jello.

Not good...

If i can remember well, FDev didn't even bother to optimize connection stability between two or more peers not to mention any perceptible backend polishing during this 2 years since it's release.

Just asking - how do you suppose Frontier could do this? Imagine for a moment that I have high ping and latency with lots of dropped packets as well from my provider alone (say I am in Australia), how is FDev going to fix this?

Just asking - how do you suppose Frontier could do this? Imagine for a moment that I have high ping and latency with lots of dropped packets as well from my provider alone (say I am in Australia), how is FDev going to fix this?
The best way is local servers depending on population density and sales would denote server count.

I would be very-very surpired if this 'rework' would not involve rebuilding the whole engine/netcode, remastering the most (if not all) assets - essentially releasing a new game that happens to build on the existing game mechanics, galaxy/lore/MMO records, that will be free for LEP holders but a fully priced 'extension' for the rest.

The best way is local servers depending on population density and sales would denote server count.
That's not what was mentioned, though. What was mentioned was "optimize connection stability between two or more peers ", which is not servers. Yes, I am aware they could switch to server architecture instead of P2P (which would also mean like a year or more of work, likely, and also paying for said servers, increasing the end cost), but that's not what the post was talking about.

If the roadmap is real why are they continuing to update Jurrasic world? If it's so broken they'd rather just make a sequel why spend the money and man hours?

Top Bottom