Roadmap leaked??

That's not what was mentioned, though. What was mentioned was "optimize connection stability between two or more peers ", which is not servers. Yes, I am aware they could switch to server architecture instead of P2P (which would also mean like a year or more of work, likely, and also paying for said servers, increasing the end cost), but that's not what the post was talking about.
I do agree the other way is localising peer connections so the fastest local connection is the host of the instance this way the peers connection to them would get a relatively good game. This doesn't Solve bad connections though as the latency issue would cause problems.

If the roadmap is real why are they continuing to update Jurrasic world? If it's so broken they'd rather just make a sequel why spend the money and man hours?

All of the phrasing in the 'leak' seems to be the OP's. So the "We can’t fix JWE so we are going to make a new one" sentiment is theirs, not FDev's.

The JWE2 reboot is one of the odder predictions for sure (even if the film sequel could make sense of it). But given it's slated there for 2021, updating the current JWE for the forseeable wouldn't be that unusual.

If the roadmap is real why are they continuing to update Jurrasic world? If it's so broken they'd rather just make a sequel why spend the money and man hours?

They can’t drop it now - it’s not that old game. Frontier need to keep supporting it otherwise they’ll get a reputation for dumping their customers. On the other hand, maybe ongoing support is written into their contract. JWE is a licensed product unlike their other games.

I have played other P2P games without these issues. I accept that the networking does need to be improved upon somehow. A client/server system though would likely not help and it has it's own flaws. As it happens I rarely play with other players so I doubt any of the instancing issues would effect me much.

For solo, you're right. In Open it would be a huge mess. As you mentioned there are games based on P2P without issues like ED. FDev should get this fixed first...

And NMS is still a load of garbage. Just much better garbage then before, but still garbage never the less. If you think ED is mismanaged and done with laziness, that is up to you. Personally I can't see anything lazy about it. Some poor decisions at times I accept, but that is not unusual for an ever evolving game.

Another yep, NMS is still garbage but my point was they had not even three years to polish that garbage they released. It was one of biggest disappointments in gaming history but they managed get their own together.
3 years vs 6 years. Unlike ED i can see perceptible upgrade in long term timescale.

I know nothing about hacking and have not seen any in operation. I am sure it happens though as it does with many online games until they get banned.

I very much doubt the instancing issues with other players will do that much. I have no issues winging up when I do (its rare though). I also have no issues when other commanders are around.

Yes, there are many studios dealing with hackers wrecking their effort but ED experienced something I've never seen before. Those leaked hacks were held secret among community because they were able to modify every single aspect of your ship. Knowing that FD wasnt able to track 90% of those hackers is alarming breach.

I didn't originaly say that winging up with other CMDRs is problem (thanks god this was somehow polished due to this 6 years). I was talking about multicrew where you interact with other peer (player) and enviroment. Session is stable for helm of MC but other crewmembers experience lag spikes and nonsense like miss-positioned drop into ring around gas-giant. Those issues are there for over 2 years untouched and that's what i see as laziness since it's crucial coding for spacelegs feature. I believe if multicrew was able to wing up another ships and stay stable for each peer in session I wouldn't even dare to complain like this.

Genuinely the only thing that concerns me in this apparent leak is the idea that Frontier might get its hands on the lego game franchise.

Thats why I choose to believe its all bogus.
I didn't read that bit like that all.

How I read it as a idea someone inside frontier was proposing a real time strategy game that is man vs machine that look similar in graphical style to a Lego star wars game.

Last edited:
I didn't read that bit like that all.

How I read it as a idea someone inside frontier was proposing a real time strategy game that is man vs machine that look similar in graphical style to a Lego star wars game.

The leaker's wording was:

Project Marconi - A real time strategy game. Man v Machine and Lego Star Wars are both being worked on.

The capitalisation does suggest an official Lego property to me. And that 'Man v Machine' is a title rather than a format. (But they also capitalised Ghostbusters for Planet Coaster, and an official IP DLC there still seems kinda unlikely).

It's definitely a perplexing entry. (Do they mean FDev are skunkworking various potential titles? Is Man v Machine their in-house version, with a separate Lego game also in the works?)

Dunno :D

For solo, you're right. In Open it would be a huge mess. As you mentioned there are games based on P2P without issues like ED. FDev should get this fixed first...
Yup, they certainly do.

Another yep, NMS is still garbage but my point was they had not even three years to polish that garbage they released. It was one of biggest disappointments in gaming history but they managed get their own poopoo together.
3 years vs 6 years. Unlike ED i can see perceptible upgrade in long term timescale.
I just don't think NMS is a good judge. You are talking about a game engine that is specifically designed to make NMS and no other game. It will be far easier to create updates for that, unlike the Cobra Framework, which is an extremely versatile engine, but will need extra work to get what they want out of it. People forget the the graphics rendering, the shaders, the lighting, the PG systems that are realised in full 3D, proper scaled planets, these are huge. Then adding gameplay elements to those is not an easy task. I would certainly not want it like NMS. As I said I can't see any lazyness. A huge amount has been added since release, not all of it my cup of tea. Some I have thought has been superb though. WIth the graphic syle that FDev are going for with ED, anything like space legs, atmospheric planets and so on are going to take a huge amount of time. Not like NMS with its cartoon style shaders, very basic ship models, tiny planets, no real solar systems. It's a poor comparison.

Yes, there are many studios dealing with hackers wrecking their effort but ED experienced something I've never seen before. Those leaked hacks were held secret among community because they were able to modify every single aspect of your ship. Knowing that FD wasnt able to track 90% of those hackers is alarming breach.
As I said, I have never come accross any even when I was playing in open. Currently in a PG doing DW2.

I didn't originaly say that winging up with other CMDRs is problem (thanks god this was somehow polished due to this 6 years). I was talking about multicrew where you interact with other peer (player) and enviroment. Session is stable for helm of MC but other crewmembers experience lag spikes and nonsense like miss-positioned drop into ring around gas-giant. Those issues are there for over 2 years untouched and that's what i see as laziness since it's crucial coding for spacelegs feature. I believe if multicrew was able to wing up another ships and stay stable for each peer in session I wouldn't even dare to complain like this.
Sorry, my bad. Yep, multicrew does not work and from what I can gather its all down to how ship ownership works. Hopefully they can sort it out and make it work better. They really need to upgrade their P2P system as we know it can work with small amounts of people.

Not sure if this was already posted but base building would require a dedicated server.

With the current structure, all player owned items like ships and SRV disappear when the player logs out.
So if player 1 would build a base somewhere and then log out, the base would also disappear. Problem is now that if player 2 would build a base in the same spot while player 1 is offline and then player 1 would log in, there would be two bases overlapping each other.

So without a dediacted server which saves all the bases build in the galaxy, I do not see bases or other "permanent local objects" possible.
All the information about your ship is stored on a dedicated server, including the location. If you want to have the ship permanently present they'd just need to query the database (and a little bit of code wizardry) and your ship would be there for everyone, even when you log out.

The leaker's wording was:

The capitalisation does suggest an official Lego property to me. And that 'Man v Machine' is a title rather than a format. (But they also capitalised Ghostbusters for Planet Coaster, and an official IP DLC there still seems kinda unlikely).

It's definitely a perplexing entry. (Do they mean FDev are skunkworking various potential titles? Is Man v Machine their in-house version, with a separate Lego game also in the works?)

Dunno :D
Well I think judging any leaks by capital letters is probably bad, I doubt this bloke saw a official document setting out a road map.

more likely they were either in a bar or at home drinking an chatting about and his friend spilled all the gossip on Frontier.

I expect Frontier do skunk work game ideas they come up with. A lot of studios do.

Last edited:
Yeah it sounds like some kind of internal briefing with concept art if anything. And definitely their personal take on it.

Will be intriguing if it pans out though. I like the idea of Elite remaining FDev's main 'AAA action/sim' title for a good while :)

Another DLC confirmed from the leaked Frontier Roadmap. The Ghostbusters DLC for Planet Coaster:

Source: https://youtu.be/5okzcJagaPI

Well damnnn, it really is an official tie-in.

This leak has some juice. That's no guess. (EDIT: Could still be a long-form troll re the future predictions. But hey, on track for now ;))

Cheers C! (Anyone who wants to keep tabs on hits/misses should check Cocalarix's Reddit overview, linked in the OP now).

Last edited:
Okay, that's it for me guys, this leak is legit IMHO. We've got only two things left on the list chronologically - both JWE DLCs; July and December - before we are just waiting for the Elite Dangerous entry to be confirmed. If these next two JWE DLCs hit the mark, then I'll confidently say that the Elite Dangerous entry is also accurate.

I like the fact that Frontier haven't shut this thread down, which is damn decent of them, but it is curious that they haven't jumped in here at all to address this.

I had a sneaking suspicion the leak wasn't entirely fake when I saw the part about focusing on JWE 2 vs JWE. JWE was NOT well received as a whole. I'm hoping Frontier may have finally learned some good lessons about game play-ability.

I'm also more hopeful, because of this leak, that Braben may be pushing more to make good on a larger percentage of his Elite Dangerous promises.

Last edited:
It's easy to jump to a conclusion that base building is on planets, but that could easily be Fleet Carriers in space, and would make more sense in the light of what we have been told already.

Top Bottom