Roadmap leaked??

It's something in between. It's not a hard space-sim, because we don't have 100% realistic space flight due to various limitations on maneuverability and speed.

You're entitled to your opinion. When comparing vanilla ED with the current version it's a lot better. See this wiki page for a list of improvements over the years.
Definite improvements in some areas, we didn't even have wingmates at launch however some balance changes have been steps back imo

Definite improvements in some areas, we didn't even have wingmates at launch however some balance changes have been steps back imo

Well, for one. There is a big difference in using skill versus grind mechanics. So what if we do things 100 times when after the 10th time you're already tired of the mechanic.
Balancing will probably end up being dependent on the multiplayer setting since players can affect each other in different ways. I agree with you we have not seen much in terms of balancing in the short term and at this point long term.
All the skill required in the game depends on what mode you pick and what tasks you set out to accomplish. Those are your easy, medium and hard skill selections. For some the game can be too hard, and for others the game is too easy.

So people should not ask for change they should simply stop playing... OK!
If you* don't like the game there is not much point in asking for improvements. If you* do like the game and provide constructive feedback it's a different thing, you* should still expect some people to disagree though simply because everyone has different preferences.
If you* would not like the game it's just weird to haunt the forums, pretty creepy stalker behaviour in my opinion.

*not the you you, the other you.

Ok accepted it was telepresence I meant(sorry was rushing) The limited range in SLFs is ok (imo) but telepresence undermines the whole game.
As for technology looking like magic in the future... Again accepted ..... Hell you could argue travel in ED equally far fetched and yet I am fine with it. It isn't the power of the engineered weapons per se on their own in a vaccum it is how they don't fit within the rest of the human technology.
It is almost like building a game based around steam engines, sail boats and cannons and then over night introducing air craft carriers, jet fighters and machine guns.

We have it now and there will be no going back BUT my point is all of the jarring stuff added to the game imo erodes against the argument of building around science and trying to make the game feel (a little bit) like a sim. I will have fun with it regardless of if space fantasy or science fiction but I just hope FD don't pick the worst bits from both sides.
Telepresence is not that bad. It's simply a hologram (already have that with the HUD, definetely not lore breaking) and some remote control. Sure, why can we use remote control over several hundred ly's but not transfer exploration data and stuff? No idea, probably for game play reasons. But this inconsistency was already in the game since Galnet and basically everything else. The question is, why do we even need to fly our ships if we could just use telepresence instead? Maybe this will make more sense when space legs arrive.

If you* don't like the game there is not much point in asking for improvements. If you* do like the game and provide constructive feedback it's a different thing, you* should still expect some people to disagree though simply because everyone has different preferences.
If you* would not like the game it's just weird to haunt the forums, pretty creepy stalker behaviour in my opinion.

*not the you you, the other you.
Not entirely following you here, I can't remember saying I don't like the game or I've never liked the game, I have two full price purchases (Standard Elite and the Horizons Expansion) I say full price because they were bought at release, I have 2000 hours on the game and I thoroughly enjoyed those hours, nothing there to indicate that I'm a hater, or a person that dislikes the game.
The fact that I don't play now is simply down to an unfortunate and thoughtless change in the way we explore and get 'TAGS'
I don't like the 'AUTOTAG' introduced in the 3.3 update, it leaves a trail of unfinished business (that would not have been recorded previously) behind me and I don't want that, the previous four years of play saw me with an all or nothing exploration approach and that was how I enjoyed it, so I don't play now because I don't enjoy the new way!

That said, as a member of the forums I am at full liberty to post here on a game that I have 2000 hours playing, and if there is any constructive criticism and future change that may affect my enjoyment of the game I'll participate... as I am currently allowed to.

Changes that could occur to allow me to enjoy the game wouldn't necessarily be solely those discussed in this thread, and were some of those introduced and a optional 'AUTOTAG' off/on setting I'd be ecstatic.

It wasn't even that, it was me saying people should play the games that they enjoy.
hxTvgkBg.jpg

Shouldn't the games we play change to accommodate each of us personally?

Please read again. I clearly said that I wasn't talking about you personally. Stigbobs original post was about people not liking the game.
This stems back to the post where stigbob told me to play games that I enjoy... (irrespective of the fact that I do, and I WANT to enjoy ED again) you should read back further,
I can't understand why you guys look for a point to attack another player/ex-player on, we paid for the game too!, and as nothing is perfect at release (as stigbob alluded to earlier) we look forward to amendments, some of which b*gger up for us 'personally' and one in particular has b*ggered it up for me... but not you obviously,
but one thing you should bear in mind is if a future update b*ggers the game up for you DON'T complain, just stop playing.

This stems back to the post where stigbob told me to play games that I enjoy... (irrespective of the fact that I do, and I WANT to enjoy ED again) you should read back further,
I can't understand why you guys look for a point to attack another player/ex-player on, we paid for the game too!, and as nothing is perfect at release (as stigbob alluded to earlier) we look forward to amendments, some of which b*gger up for us 'personally' and one in particular has b*ggered it up for me... but not you obviously,
but one thing you should bear in mind is if a future update b*ggers the game up for you DON'T complain, just stop playing.
Where did I attack you?

Where in my post did I say Bablefish attacked me?.
I was as generalising as some other 'innocent' posters were.
Well you quoted me and said:

I can't understand why you guys look for a point to attack another player/ex-player on

So it's just kind of logical that I assumed you are talking to me.
When I made some generalisations in my earlier post I made it quite clear that I am not talking about you. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I guess we should put the handbags away.

Well you quoted me and said:

So it's just kind of logical that I assumed you are talking to me.
When I made some generalisations in my earlier post I made it quite clear that I am not talking about you. 🤷‍♂️

Anyway, I guess we should put the handbags away.
As did I when you quoted me but meant 'any' you.

But as you rightly say... handbags away, o7

Which other "space sims" are you referring to here? Not counting games that are not released yet, games that are actually space shooters, games that are set in a fantasy space world. X4 might be close, but I think it didn't really work out.
A lot of players, including me, play Elite because it's closer to a believable reality than other games and apart from Elite's prequels not a single game comes to mind, which delivers in this discipline. I am pretty sure that Elite is safe for now.
There are several games from things like Freelancer etc

Top Bottom