Roadmap leaked??

But don't companies come in to existence to grow? We surely can't expect Frontier to "just make Elite" can we? They'd be bankrupt soon. The ED team has grown hugely, so we can assume it's still a priority, even if we like to moan that it isn't. I don't think they've quite become EA yet...
Agreed and I have no issues with any of that (see below).

Nobody cares about PZ and JWE, they are doomed. :p
Exactly. This forum often seems like it wants or expects fdev to have one game, consequences be damned.

I've heard that putting all your eggs in one basket is the best plan.
You're completely misrepresenting what I said; I have no problems with Frontier making Planet Coaster, JWE or whatever. It is their money, they fund whatever they wish and I have said that many times.

My point is that Elite Dangerous was the game they wanted to make, Planet Coaster is the game they want to play. Maybe I am guilty of over analysing, but the choice of words was eyebrow raising for me.

Always works for the Rebel Alliance :D

A336905D-FD56-4129-82B9-C72BA9EC4FEC.jpeg

This (below) alarms me ... you really haven't been paying attention, have you? 🤷‍♂️
..... and i just discovered that frontier are actually doing a publishing business.. ie, funding studios and doing the distribution...

I don't see how you can claim they are skimping .... bugs, yes, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.:confused:
Also seems to make sense why they're running lean / skimping on quality internally if they're also doing that.

My point is that Elite Dangerous was the game they wanted to make, Planet Coaster is the game they want to play. Maybe I am guilty of over analysing, but the choice of words was eyebrow raising for me.

Demonstrates only that he writes his speeches by cut/paste from his old speeches with the product name changed and a couple of tweaks to the words.

The funny thing is that he'll have thought " it's not like anyone will notice" :)

This (below) alarms me ... you really haven't been paying attention, have you? 🤷‍♂️

I don't see how you can claim they are skimping .... bugs, yes, but I guess it's a matter of opinion.:confused:

Yeah i like turreted weapons all my frontier financial report knowledge has been second hand.

Skimping is a conclusion from the nature of the bugs they leave in. Low priority / cosmetic bugs are in the majority very easy to fix.

Is this one of the two games FDev are apparently working on according to the leak?

Is this one of the two games FDev are apparently working on according to the leak?

Oo, that does overlap with this potential ‘new projects’ one yeah:

Jurassic World Survival. A Jurassic World themed survival game. Not much info on this at the moment.

Wow, this is impressive detective work! At this point, the leak is looking to be undeniably accurate.

Not sure FD would venture into FPS survival game for their Jurassic World IP license. But I wouldn't mind more first-person gameplay experiences in one of many people's JW 'parks'.

E.g. play the role of a security officer working to keep the park safe and rally loose dinos back into their enclosures.

And playing a dino vet might work as a mobile game like Tamogochis.

\o/
Hooray for an Airless Jurassic Park! 😜
How much iron do I need to collect to reload the gun?

Can't wait to do the same things I do in an SRV at 1/100th the speed 30k ly from civilisation where there is (hopefully) nothing to shoot at.

Looking forward to walking in my ships and in stations/bases through

There's a reason why Universal Picture gave the park management game to FDEV. Because FDEV got deep experience with management games.
For the very same reaons I doubt Universal Picture will assign this to FDEV. FDEV only tried FPS once and never completed the project so they don't have the prerequisite for such type of game.

Top Bottom