Robigo Mines passenger missions-pitfalls, pratfalls ?

Wanting to do a little Exploration ranking up and I thought I'd try the Robigo Mines passenger missions. Having never run a passenger mission before I thougth this as good a start as any.
Are there any tips specific to these missions you can share ? Any passenger mission tips generally ? I'll be flying a light in weight but Guardian FSD'd Python and figure to passenger-outfit it at Babbage Gateway in Ceos.

Watch out for wanted passengers - yes, it's mentioned in the mission text.
Equip a heat sink launcher to smuggle said passengers in the mailslot.
Bring a good pew pew ship for those sweet sweet materials the mission enemies sent after give you.

The OP wrote Robigo Mines. No mail slot there cause it's an outpost ☝🏻
Actually sightseeing missions from Robigo Mines are a milk run. Don't worry about scans, criminals etc. No enemy ships at all.
Just optimize turn around, i.e. engineer your FSD and bring a FSD booster.
And only equip Economy cabins.
You should also have some exploration data to sell at Hausers Reach before you start, this will make you an ally of Sirius Corp and heavily increase the payout.
For a benchmark: my passenger Krait II makes about 15-20 mil per trip and even w/o engineering and booster a trip does not take longer than 12 min....enough exactly for a board refresh.

The OP wrote Robigo Mines. No mail slot there cause it's an outpost ☝🏻
Actually sightseeing missions from Robigo Mines are a milk run. Don't worry about scans, criminals etc. No enemy ships at all.
You should also have some exploration data to sell at Hausers Reach before you start, this will make you an ally of Sirius Corp and heavily increase the payout.
For a benchmark: my passenger Krait II makes about 15-20 mil per trip and even w/o engineering and booster a trip does not take longer than 12 min....enough exactly for a board refresh.
Uh, I stand corrected.

This is my Sightseeing Cruiser, MSC Pythonia, optimized to offer the plebs and criminals alike their best experience and to me the best of their credits and/or G5 materials
It can do the round trip in 4 jumps and she's fast and solid.

Edit
Are there any tips specific to these missions you can share ? Any passenger mission tips generally ?

The paycheck is not that great until you get allied with the factions at Robigo Mines.
I don't remember to ever be scanned at Robigo Mines, but i do remember that i didn't pick any wanted passengers until i got allied with all the factions.
Anyway keep that heatsink at ready and prep to silent run if needed

Edit2:
one thing that is often oversight - it's a damn good source of Imperial ranking.
If you are after that, get allied with the Imp faction then pick all the juicy ++++rep missions they give.

Last edited:
Put 6D Business cabins into all size 6 slots.
You can thank me later when you will find out you are offered more missions ... ;-)

I've not seen the Sirius Atmospheric sightseeing mission requiring more than 16 people, but I've seen some requiring better cabins than Economics. And you can build Python with G5 FSD and 3x 6D cabins that can still jump 30+ lys, getting into Sothis in 2 jumps. No GFSD required (unless you don't have G5 FSD).

So- a mix of economy and business class then ? Looks like most business/ first class cabin passengers are ‘demanding ‘.

Last edited:
You only need economy and business class, never had a first class passenger at Robigo ever. Couple business (c6) and economy on the c5s and maybe fit one in the c4.

I just filled the larger slots with Business Cabin and the smaller ones with Economy and I could always fill all cabins.

Even when you have maximum standing with the factions, payout do vary a LOT though. As I have top standing with all of them, I can usually get mostly 2 million cr+ missions, with the odd 3 million one. Some runs you get a few more lower paying ones, but they'll still likely be about 1.7 million credits, so far from terrible.

I spent some time doing the run from Hauser's Reach in Robigo too, as it's a Large landing pad, I did it in an unarmed, light-weight Anaconda with nine cabins. The round trip took ten minutes, sometimes a little under, sometimes a little over. I later came back with a seven cabin - but much better armed - Anaconda, so I could engage any attackers. Quite fun missions really.

Good luck.

Scoob.

Even when you have maximum standing with the factions, payout do vary a LOT though. As I have top standing with all of them, I can usually get mostly 2 million cr+ missions, with the odd 3 million one. Some runs you get a few more lower paying ones, but they'll still likely be about 1.7 million credits, so far from terrible.

It means that something has changed lately, because the missions were paying up to 5 millions per 5E cabin (15-16 passengers)
And it was not unusually to get 27-28 millions for a run with the next consecutive ones still averaging 20-22 millions.

And by lately i mean less than 2 months.

It means that something has changed lately, because the missions were paying up to 5 millions per 5E cabin (15-16 passengers)
And it was not unusually to get 27-28 millions for a run with the next consecutive ones still averaging 20-22 millions.

Yes, when I was doing them previously - a year or so ago - they were paying out a LOT more. However, when I popped out there a couple of weeks ago to try them again, the pay was much lower. Not terrible, but not what it once was. I did a fair few runs, so I don't think the low payments were a fluke, plus my faction rep is topped out with most factions there. I'd assumed there'd been a nerf from FDev, as earning millions from anythink other than mining is "wrong" it seems lol.

Bascailly 3 million credits was the best single mission payout I could find, and I'd see maybe ONE of those every couple of runs. So, far from common.

Scoob.

Sometimes missions simply dry out. I switch to Sirotanovic's Legacy for a round or two, then everything's back to normal.

Wanting to do a little Exploration ranking up and I thought I'd try the Robigo Mines passenger missions. Having never run a passenger mission before I thougth this as good a start as any.
Are there any tips specific to these missions you can share ? Any passenger mission tips generally ? I'll be flying a light in weight but Guardian FSD'd Python and figure to passenger-outfit it at Babbage Gateway in Ceos.
dont sell your fuel scoop to fit in more passengers.... back in the early days of robigo i made such and error and had to traverse econmical jumping to get home with the sweet sweet nectar & lure of millions & millions of credits for hauling biowaste, its not worth it ;)

Yes, when I was doing them previously - a year or so ago - they were paying out a LOT more. However, when I popped out there a couple of weeks ago to try them again, the pay was much lower. Not terrible, but not what it once was. I did a fair few runs, so I don't think the low payments were a fluke, plus my faction rep is topped out with most factions there. I'd assumed there'd been a nerf from FDev, as earning millions from anythink other than mining is "wrong" it seems lol.

Bascailly 3 million credits was the best single mission payout I could find, and I'd see maybe ONE of those every couple of runs. So, far from common.

Scoob.

í'll have to check it.
Last time i did Robigo i noticed that there were a lot of missions to other systems and that mission attrition was starting to be a problem after 3-4 runs already with higher paying missions being rarer and rarer, but still plenty ones in the range 3-3.5 millions.

Sometimes missions simply dry out

Yes, indeed. And they do seem to dry out way faster lately then they did in January for example

Maybe I got unlucky. I was only out that way for a couple of fairly short sessions this time before I returned to my home system and started doing other stuff.

Scoob.

No enemy ships at all.
They're very rare but not non-existent. I suspect the Sirius Atmospherics run doesn't last long enough to give them much chance to spawn in. But very rare is not quite the same as none. In what must now be hundreds of runs I've had hunters arrive at Sirius Atmospherics twice as I was on my way out. Bring heatsinks just in case.

And I've definitely noticed a reduction - not a nerf, but a reduction - in mission payments in 2019. I was doing the run as much for mats as money, and at the beginning of the year I had no trouble maxing out all three G5 mission reward mats from zero in 15 runs. Last few visits I haven't been able to do that.

I regard Robigo as a happy place to generate cash and mats. Although I prefer going from Hausers Reach, it's a bit further but I find I'm quite a bit quicker landing at the station rather than the planetary base- I can basically boost all the way in.

Either way I run a Beluga filled with cabins except on small shield, just in case. I also bring a couple of heatsinks for luck and only engineer for a bit of extra jump range so I can get to Sirius Atmospheric in two jumps rather than three. I also do take a couple of luxury cabins in the big slots, they can take 8 which seems to be the largest number I run across and occasionally I find a cr 3.5 mill wanting just luxury cabins.

I've done loads of jumps, made a fortune in credits and got a lot of materials. I've been interdicted a handful of times, and never actually failed to beat the mini game. It's just not a problem.

As for docking I dump heatsinks and my criminally minded passengers are kept chilled and happy

Just arrived at Robigo, as someone suggested I do have cartographic data to sell upon arrival- should I sell it at Robigo Mines, or at Hausers Reach where I hope to buy my cabins ?

Um, I have a feeling that there are no cabins for sale at all in Robigo... I have one cabin in store somewhere and transport it in and swap out the fuel scoop which I need to get there

Top Bottom