Robigo Mines passenger missions-pitfalls, pratfalls ?

OK, so I arrived and picked up my first passenger mission, a sightseeing mission to Sirius Atmospherics in Sothis. I'm in the Sothis system, I've landed at Newholm Station but see no ' Sirius Atmospherics' listed in the navigation panel. There's a Sothis Mining location not far away, should I make for there ? Am i looking to drop off this sightseeing passenger at Sirius Atmospherics, or ...
My passenger is in his cabin apparantly still' happy', how exactly do I complete this mission ?

I scanned the nav beacon, am showing system details just not Sirius Atmospherics. Forgive me for not understanding, is it planet based ? Another, seperate beacon ?

Scan the nav beacon for system details, or scan the system yourself.

Sirius Atmospherics beacon is on the dark side of the planet.

You dont need to scan the nav beacon.
Just honk as you enter the system and near Sothis A5 a beacon named Sirius Atmospherics will reveal.
Drop out of SC there, scan the beacon, go back to Robigo. RInse and Repeat

Just honk as you enter the system and near Sothis A5 a beacon named Sirius Atmospherics will reveal.
Doesn't it only show up when within a certain distance?

Thanks, found it with your help. Would've been simpler if the mission details had included the planet location. So i this what all such missions are like, find the nav beacon, scan it ?
Not sure about using Reach to do missions out of though, on the return I got interdicted and pulled out of SC right into the planets ring system- ouch.

Last edited:
And why are so many criminals, sightseeing ? It appears ive picked up an illegal passenger even though he wasnt listed as such.
On returning what problems will this present in re-entering the station ? Can i re-enter the station with an 'illegal passenger', even though that's where i picked him up ? Or will they blow me up ?

Last edited:
At Robigo Mines you have little chances to get scanned.
BUT at an Starport you will get scanned. So make sure you engage silent running and pop a heat sink while getting in the station.

So,
Robigo Mines - pretty safe, but i;d keep alert
Hauser's Reach (or whatever is the name of the starport) - maximum alert, if they scan you, you'll see the rebuy screen

BUT at an Starport you will get scanned. So make sure you engage silent running and pop a heat sink while getting in the station.

So,
Hauser's Reach (or whatever is the name of the starport) - maximum alert, if they scan you, you'll see the rebuy screen

Perhaps I've been lucky, but I'm yet to be scanned at Hauser's Reach. I'm of course always prepared to be scanned, so I'm ready for it if it happens.

To "break" the scan you can go Silent Running of course, but I've read that going over 200m/s or deploying hardpoints also breaks the scan. Not personally tried those two though. Additionally, I've read that keeping your ship's paint in tip top shape apparently makes you less likely to be scanned.

In the past, we're talking a couple of years back, I assumed you had to avoid being scanned at all. So, I'd always go silent once I got close. Things got a bit toasty at times, but I was never caught! That was during various smuggling operations.

Scoob.

So I don't have a heat sink on my ship but do have a silent running option... do I engage silent running as I enter the maillot to avoid being blown up ?

So,

I just blew into the strarport with my illegal passenger, silent running and somehow didn't crash or otherwise kill myself. In fact I was so stunned I didn't think to record it but I wish I had. Here's the thing; I would rather not have to do it again nor do I want to haul any more arch criminals generally.
I thought I was careful in choosing my last two passenger missions but somehow the one guy turned illegal after I'd loaded him on board- is that the way it works ? Why are most of the available sightseers criminals or Criminal Masterminds- is it because I don't have enough rep yet ?

Last edited:
I thought I was careful in choosing my last two passenger missions but somehow the one guy turned illegal after I'd loaded him on board- is that the way it works ?

First time i see that, but no, i don't think so. Their status and their conditions for the trip are clearly stated in the mission.
Sometimes there are more criminals, sometimes less.
Weird enough and funny at the same time, at my last visit at Robigo, most of the criminals were from Sirius Corp (Independent, Corporate), Imperials were like 90-95% clean travelers and the Mobs from Robigo Cartel were like 40% criminals rest clean travelers :D

I just blew into the strarport with my illegal passenger, silent running and somehow didn't crash or otherwise kill myself. In fact I was so stunned I didn't think to record it but I wish I had. Here's the thing; I would rather not have to do it again nor do I want to haul any more arch criminals generally.
I thought I was careful in choosing my last two passenger missions but somehow the one guy turned illegal after I'd loaded him on board- is that the way it works ? Why are most of the available sightseers criminals or Criminal Masterminds- is it because I don't have enough rep yet ?
They may not be criminal mastermind. Some "rich tourists" will have the different coloured "May be wanted in some jurisidictions" text and will then show up once loaded as illegal.
So if dont want the illegality, never pick up a Criminal as decribed, and read carefully (especially re-"Rich Tourist") the descriptive text.
Finally, some tourists etc whilst not illegal, will say they are Secretive, and don;t like being scanned. if scanned you dont get blown up, the mission just fails and they pull a hissy fit. So if not keen on the silent running/sneaking around option for anyone, legal or illegal, watch out for that in the mission description.

In my experience of Robigo simply never allowing my ship temperature to rise above 20° results in no scans happening. To do this I keep popping heat sinks. The result is I don't get scanned and can happily have a ship full of criminals, all paying well in cash or mats

I don't mean to be nit-picky but would someone please explain from a game/ lore standpoint why criminal masterminds are doing all of the sightseeing to Sirius Atmospherics ? What's the connection between sightseeing and Sothis ?

I figured they've been naughty and need to leave asap, while their 'assistants' deal with whatever issues have cropped up. 🤷‍♂️

I take the money and mind my own business. :D

💰💰💰

After completing approx 130-150 Robigo- Sothis passenger missions I thought some observations might be helpful to other Robigo-Sothis passenger mission noobs like myself;

- ranking up is key to getting ‘big pay’ missions, that said and after getting to Allied status the biggest paying mission so far has been 5m credits, which after 130 or so missions has happened once. Most are now from a low of $650k( for two economy seats) to $4m cr ( for a full cabin of Business passengers- is this considered good for these missions based on when you did therm ? See attached pic below.

- I’ve been taking both legal and illegal missions interchangeably based on payout amounts, have beaten a dozen or more interdiction attempts on-the-way-to or returning-from but have yet to be molested once out of SC and arriving at Robigo Mines. I highly recommend it vs the orbital station alternative although there are a couple of drawbacks * see below

- I’m flying a Python outfitted w/ 3 6D type Business cabins( good advice, thanks!) but I wish I could carry another one. The fuel scoop and shield are slots I can’t do w/o sim am limited. Using Robigo I’ve sacrificed being able to store my scoop at an orbital in favor of cabin space.

- finding the Sirius beacon, even when you know what planet it orbits was for me a hit and miss proposition until I figured out the best way to go about it, namely by not flying too close. You can’t location-save the Sirius beacon so easily locating it becomes key in turning the mission around and not getting interdicted while scanning. There are almost always a couple of NPC’s waiting.

Running the Robigo Mines-Sothis missions aren’t ‘difficult ‘ but they do require not losing focus, not making mistakes. After doing so much reading about these missions I think my expectations re their payout and ‘quickly’ ranking up Explorer rank were slightly inflated. At my present rate and from Ranger it’s going to take a while. Which is ok by me because my next ED goal will be Colonia and then on to Sag. A*

V78L5Hzh.png

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm probably at another universes Robigo Mines, but my experience is totally different.

- forget everything about business cabins. Stuff your ship with economy stalls and off you go. I have never ever seen a really high paying business mission.

- 4m missions are not rare but the norm once you are allied. I typically do not accept any payout below 3.5m and in most cases I don't have to stoop that low. Of course that is the payout for the 4 and 5 slots...for the 3 I typically can get 1.5-2.5m.

- finding Sirius Atmospherics? Just bookmark the planet and when you are about 800ls away, you can select Sirius Atmospherics thru the nav panel.

- not sure what you put into that poor Python but my Krait Mk II can take 4 4m missions and 2-3 2m. Remember you don't need a fuel scoop for the trip. And no, no engineering required.

All in all these missions are a huge money maker but exceedingly boring. Currently I'm doing a bit of VO mining just for a change...also very nice in Robigo. 😎

Top Bottom