Robigo Mines passenger missions-pitfalls, pratfalls ?

I have a JumpaConda with Economy cabins that does the jump Hausers Reach to the beacon in 1 jump each way. (let me know if you want the build config).
Don't worry about whether they are criminals or not - you never get scanned...
You won't need a Fuel Scoop - leave it at Robigo... unless your jump distance is fairly dreadful that is...
Shields are optional - personally I do fit a small one for those little bumps...
An easy milk run that will bore you to do something else after an evening of it...
I leave the cabins at Robigo and pop back whenever I fancy a few runs... ;)
After a while the number/quality of passengers dry up a bit... call it a day then...
I don't take anything less than about a 2.5mil cabin slot.
oh and don't offer the passengers crumpets with marmite - some don't like it.

I have a JumpaConda with Economy cabins that does the jump Hausers Reach to the beacon in 1 jump each way. (let me know if you want the build config).
Don't worry about whether they are criminals or not - you never get scanned...
You won't need a Fuel Scoop - leave it at Robigo... unless your jump distance is fairly dreadful that is...
Shields are optional - personally I do fit a small one for those little bumps...
An easy milk run that will bore you to do something else after an evening of it...
I leave the cabins at Robigo and pop back whenever I fancy a few runs... ;)
After a while the number/quality of passengers dry up a bit... call it a day then...
I don't take anything less than about a 2.5mil cabin slot.
oh and don't offer the passengers crumpets with marmite - some don't like it.

Exactly 👍🏻 I do the same with my Krait....Robigo Mines has better paying missions. And fortunately there is a nice VO Hotspot right beside Hausers Reach....for a nice change in money making 💸💸💸

One can make extremely big bucks, well in to the scores of millions per hour when Robigo is hot. But when it's not hot, one will get board to death. I've been there a dozen times in the past two plus years and have spent some serious time making zillions and some serious times picking my nose waiting and waiting and waiting some more for it to get hot. It doesn't seem to matter what state it's in when it pops into or out of being hot.

After investigating this Robigo Mines thing i'll move there today i guess.

Just one question. Knowing myself i know i'll grow bored fast. Is the system and it's surroundings a place where one could move some of his ships and transfer there for some time doing mining, bounty hunting and so on ?

I'd prefer not to get stuck on a single type of mission if possible.

Thanks !

Just one question. Knowing myself i know i'll grow bored fast. Is the system and it's surroundings a place where one could move some of his ships and transfer there for some time doing mining, bounty hunting and so on ?

Thanks !
The area is Sothis, Ceos and Robigo, yes plenty of things to do out here.

Even PvP if you like.
Just managed to get out of Sirius Atmospherics with 2% hull left on my Python.
You naughty gankers you! Excellent stuff! (y)

Been at Robigo Mines last evening and this evening and, as far as i'm concerned, it was badly nerfed.

1) The sightseeing missions to Sothis are fewer compared to what it was 3-4 months ago and waaaay less compared to what it was in January.
The boards are suffocated with long distance missions. Seen Gandharvi as destination or even Colonia.
Also before, all the missions to Sothis required only Economy cabins. Now i'd say that up to half of the available missions to Sothis require Business, First Class cabins or even Luxury. Yea, the plebs and criminals are such snobs lately

2) The mission refresh timer was increased a lot. I'd say that the refresh timer was increased from roughly 10-12 minutes to maybe 30 minutes
I could not fill up all my cabins on my Python every run (about 12-14 minutes per run)

3) The mission payments was decreased too. Most missions were below 4 millions and very rare over 4. In the past, missions in the range of 4-5 millions were quite common, 5.5 millions being the top and the rare ones - that is for the 16 passenger Economy Cabins.

If back then i could do about 90-100 millions per hour in my Economy Cabin Python, tonight i could barely do around 50 in like 55 minutes (including wait time for mission refresh)

I will try to outfit my Python to a cold build with a mix of 8 cabins (4 business, 4 economy) and see how it goes or i can try to do the same with a cold build / max cabins Anaconda and try Hauser Reach, but i always hated to dock at that station. Way to close to that giant and on the inner side of the ring...

Anyway, for someone who wants to be Carrier ready, i'm afraid the real money now are, unfortunately, only in painite and VO mining - unless they nerf that in September patch too.

PS> Ah, and one more thing. Robigo Mines runs are no longer safe either. In one of the runs i was Interdicted on approach to Sirius Atmospherics and on the way back, close to Robigo Mines, i got a "target confirmed" message. Managed to reach the station, but the bounty hunter followed me there too and, the scary part, i got a Ship Scan message while on the last seconds of the docking procedure. Managed to dock safely tho.
Both the interdiction and the ship scan while doing Robigo Mines are a first for me.

After spending several days more at Robigo, have some addendum to my post above:

I changed my Python from all Economy Cabins to this setup (1st Class, 3 Business, 4 Economy) while still maintaining 31.5Ly jump range so i can do the run in 4 jumps round trip.
This outfitting is still under testing, i might go for a full Business Cabin setup.
Anyway, now it's somehow easier to fill the cabins, but i still had runs with 1-2 empty cabins due to lack of missions.
The average was again up to 70-80 millions per first 50-55 minutes, but after that things are slowing down due to the very slow refresh on missions.

Still good-ish - especially for the ones that can't commit playing fully for 60-120 minutes and must play on and off.
You can do a run (10-12 minutes) then do something else for another 10-20 minutes, then another run and so on.

Me, i'm back to painite

I've made over 1b running RM to SA. Never lost a ship. Always fully booked.

Recently? My 2 posts above were from the last week and i managed to get about 600 millions during the tests i did during this period, with as low as 14-15 millions per run to a one-time-only 24 millions run.
Also never lost a ship, but again - last week i lost about 12 missions due to being scanned and/or shot at by Bounty Hunters.
Which never happen before. Never seen a BH during Robigo Mines missions until now - this is a new addition.

And yea, i think i made about 3-4 billions in Robigo Runs, but the bulk of them were back in January and some in late spring (post April Patch)
Painite/VO is faster, but it tends to get dull after a while, especially painite.

Thanks !

You can make even more cash in that region, with the same Python, by filling it with cargo racks and doing Palladium and Gold transport missions out of Sothis Mining outpost in Sothis. Those missions pay from 6 to 10 million each (once you're allied), and they all have Ceos as destination. You'll make a fortune but slowly go mad with the interdictions though.

I have a real RP problem with passenger cabins in a Python, because I can't convince myself that passengers would go sightseeing in a ship they can't see out of! And yet, Saud Kruger still haven't got around to making a medium ship.

For large, I can just about accept Anaconda because it has that huge viewing gallery under the nose. (What? You haven't noticed it?)

Hey FD, make ship kits adding cosmetic viewing galleries to Python etc. Take my money!

I have a real RP problem with passenger cabins in a Python, because I can't convince myself that passengers would go sightseeing in a ship they can't see out of!

That is true, however in this particular case it's also daft that so many passengers would pay so much just to go see a beacon in the middle of space, there's really not any sightseeing to be done here.

It is even more daft that the best place to do passenger missions would be a backwater mining outpost in the rear end of space, but I long given up on ED making any kind of sense. It's like some disease-infested village in the middle of the jungle in Papua New Guinea being the premium place in the world to pickup cruise liner passengers.

Top Bottom