Newcomer / Intro Robigo Passenger Missions-Anaconda

I am going to do the Robigo VIP Passenger Missions to get my exploration rank up (and make a few credits).

What can anyone tell me about this? Has anyone just done it recently?

Here is my proposed ship - Anaconda - I want to try and get a LY range to do the journeys in one hop if possible:

I dont really know what I am doing with this fitout. Especially the cabins.

I could engineer the FSD to G3 or G5?

I made a video that explains everything you need to know. It's probably easiest to do it in a shieldless Python from Robigo Mines outpost. The money will be similar using an Anaconda from Hauser's Reach station, but you have to avoid getting scanned going in and coming out of the station. Note the need to collect astronomic data on the way there to rank up with the main faction, which is explained at the beginning of the vid. Also, pay attention to the bit about storing a passenger cabin to fit a fuel scoop.
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgryUKgWeAs&t=143s

Last edited:
Keep in mind you can get an additional 4Ly jump range with a size 1 Guardian FSD Booster which is a useful increase and a relatively insignificant reduction in passenger capacity.

Keep in mind you can get an additional 4Ly jump range with a size 1 Guardian FSD Booster which is a useful increase and a relatively insignificant reduction in passenger capacity.
This still will not allow jumping from Robigo to Sothis in one jump (a 59 ly jump). Not even all ships can get that kind of range even when outfitting and engineering for maximal jump range. Weighed down by a number of passenger cabins it is going to be impossible regardless of ship type. Making it in two jumps is as good as it is going to get here.

This still will not allow jumping from Robigo to Sothis in one jump (a 59 ly jump). Not even all ships can get that kind of range even when outfitting and engineering for maximal jump range. Weighed down by a number of passenger cabins it is going to be impossible regardless of ship type. Making it in two jumps is as good as it is going to get here.
I think it's theoretically possible to do it in one jump using a Beluga. I can remember a guy posting a build on the forum, but it was shieldless, which is very dodgy working out of the station. For a Python or Anaconda, you should aim to do it in two jumps, in which case around 26Ly is about the minimum you need. Any more won't give you any advantage.

Last edited:
I think it's theoretically possible to do it in one jump using a Beluga. I can remember a guy posting a build on the forum, but it was shieldless, which is very dodgy working out of the station. For a Python or Anaconda, you should aim to do it in two jumps, in which case around 26Ly is about the minimum you need. Any more won't give you any advantage.
Just played with Coriolis and couldn’t get a Beluge to one jump that far and outperform an Anaconda, I did manage a very marginal Anaconda build that would take 154 passengers just over 60Ly but I wouldn’t fly in it myself.

If you reduced the fuel tank to a size 3 you could go a fraction further but arrive with dry tanks.

Lots of engineering involved though.

I did manage a very marginal Anaconda build that would take 154 passengers just over 60Ly but I wouldn’t fly in it myself.

- Welcome to Rent-a-Wreck Cruises! Your luxury liner will be operated remotely as we could not find a pilot willing to set foot on it. Please enjoy the view. And don't sneeze!
:D

If you remove the shield generator you can fit another 4E passenger cabin and maintain > 60 ly jump range! :cool:
I also think those thrusters may negate any time you save from making less jumps just trying to navigate the station ...

can i ask why do you want to do it in just 1 jump`?
The entire route takes around 12-15 minutes depending on how fast you are through menus and where in Robigo you go. Shaving almost 2 minutes from that by making two jumps less would therefore significantly decrease the time per run. However, based on the build above, I am not sure you would make a net gain just by the fact of having worse thrusters.

What would be a good build for a python for these passenger missions? I will give it G5 FSD. I will be transporting it from near Borann.
If I get caught with Illegal passengers do I lose my ship?

Can I use my Guardian 4H from my dbx on my python? It shaves 100+ LY off the distance to travel back to Robigo in the python. I think I can if I store it and then use it for the python.

Please explain this I missed it.
You can't buy passenger cabins when you get there, so you need your ship fully outfitted before you leave, but you then need a fuel scoop to get there, so what you do is put the passenger cabin into storage and fit a fuel scoop. when you get to hauser's reach you call up the passenger cabin, then do a few missions while you wait for it to come.

If using a Python, you should go to Robigo Mines as soon as you called up your passenger cabin, and then nip back to Hauser's Reach to get the cabin when it arrives.

Remember that if you run any missions from Hauser's Reach, the police will try to scan you when you leave and come back, so you need to boost out and come in fast and straight, like I show in the video in the Anaconda section to avoid getting scanned. you cannot use the docking computer from outside the station.

You should go up to a 7A PD and the best thrusters you can get. You need a minimum of 30.1 LY jump range when loaded to do it in 2 jumps each way. Any more than that doesn't help, so you can afford to go a bit heavier for those things which will help when you get chased by an NPC trying to scan you.

Last edited:
so you mean start running VIP missions from robigo mines and then nip back for the cabin (and store the fuel scoop) and then back to robigo mines to carry on with VIP missions.

Top Bottom