Rocks more useable by animals

I noticed while I was scrolling through the update 1.2 comments that a member stated that rocks should be more climbable for big cats, dall sheep,bears, and small mammals. I imagine bears in some instances but their heaviness and bulk limit them realistically. For me the other animals absolutely come to mind. Of course it has to be done in a way so animals can not scale a rock wall in your zoo as I often prefer creating them for added realism. For example big cats often rest on rock formations at zoos and lions love roaring from them. And agile animals like ibex, dall sheep, and other rock dwelling sheep and goats would have no problem using them as well. I know every little thing added is work and is not as easy as it seems but it would be a neat feature.
340DA720-4743-4F8F-BB0C-80DD7EB85BB7.jpeg

This is the old lion exhibit at Lincoln Park zoo in Chicago. The rock platform is used quite often by the lions.
720998B0-ABCB-44D9-A107-5E85B873B6A6.jpeg

C556F3D4-5087-4D1E-B132-2FE74485C6DA.jpeg

57A7F27F-40D4-46EC-8336-D2859F2AF645.jpeg

DE5CFD7B-0C77-4078-A404-C9EFD65D16EA.jpeg

43815325-EDFE-4EA4-80DC-7B36B78D84FA.jpeg

Be careful what you wish for... making rocks too easily climbable for animals would make them much less usable as natural barriers, which would be a real shame! We would have to pile up rocks like straight tall walls, which would be much more unsightly than regular barriers. Right now, we can integrate them with plants and other natural obstacles to make relatively inconspicuous habitat borders.

Animals can use rocks if there is some kind of ramp they can use to get up to the top.

Yeah I actually thought about that. Like I said it would have to be done just right and only certain animals too. I have seen my big cats jump on a rock then jump off but a lion or tiger should be able to navigate a 10 foot rock formation no problem if it’s properly setup as many prefer to sleep or bask on them. I have seen a lion jump into the water from a rock on the game which was very neat.

Top Bottom