Roll back update

I know the alpha version is still playable, but in terms of rolling back to before the winter update, with the game being integrated into Steam so tightly, I don't know personally. You'd have to find a way to stop Steam from updating the game.

I know the alpha version is still playable, but in terms of rolling back to before the winter update, with the game being integrated into Steam so tightly, I don't know personally. You'd have to find a way to stop Steam from updating the game.

I've known games that did it before, but never seen it on steam so what you say makes sense. I was looking through and couldn't find a way to do it so thought i'd ask on the off chance.

Can I ask why?

I'd like to roll back to before the winter update, if it was possible.

Last edited:

I don't like the new mechanics, specifically the micro-management aspect behind the new ride rep system, and cant get interested in the game. It's not a big deal, just thought i try it and when I couldn't find a way I thought I would ask.

I don't like the new mechanics, specifically the micro-management aspect behind the new ride rep system, and cant get interested in the game. It's not a big deal, just thought i try it and when I couldn't find a way I thought I would ask.

well thats a valid reason, make a new post about the rep system and whatever else you dislike [up]

well thats a valid reason, make a new post about the rep system and whatever else you dislike [up]

Well, theres plenty of those up, and I commented in a couple so I didn't want to start another. It was just a more general question as to if roll backs were possible.

As to my personal opinion/ problem. It seems to be in the minority and not something the devs are interested in commenting on. The games awesome but if it's developing down a path I don't enjoy that's sad but ok. Its always going to go the way of the majority. I'll just have to wait for the next game, knowing the level of gaming is going up is good enough.

I played an hour+ most days since release. Since the update I have put in 3-4 30-40 min stints and just can't get into things. But, as I say I've been through enough games over the years to know that's just how it goes sometimes with development. Being able to roll back would have just given me more play through on this game.

Last edited:

One group: "We need more management in the game"

Other group: "There is too much management in the game now"

How can frontier make any decisions with stuff like this

At least read my post following that, the one DIRECTLY above yours. I understand why they can't cater to everyone and I didn't even want to bring it up in this thread!

I ONLY wanted to know if it was possible to roll back.

Last edited:
At least read my second post. I understand why they can't cater to everyone and I didn't even want to bring it up in this thread!

I ONLY wanted to know if it was possible to roll back.

Even though I quoted you it was not directed at you or a criticism of you and more of a general statement based on feedback from people

I have been thinking about this for a few weeks now, and trying to write up a review on PC in the best way I can, but it is so very complicated

Even though I quoted you it was not directed at you or a criticism of you and more of a general statement based on feedback from people

I think Frontier have to shoulder some of that responsibility though.

They changed a core mechanic very soon after release really changing the aspect of the challenge mode. As I have said before, I played this game as a building/ management game not a micro management/ building game. Word order being important.

Que sera sera

This where a more drastic change in difficulty I think would be cool. Each level has its own set of management prereqs. On the most easy have it resemble the easy mode on PC 1.0. On the hardest have it be a ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ spawn of Creepers & CliffyRiffs most complex ideas....

If Frontier changed the management back to the way it was prior to the Winter Update, I think I would be able to hear the outcry to change it back without the internet all the way to Virginia. [haha][haha]

This where a more drastic change in difficulty I think would be cool. Each level has its own set of management prereqs. On the most easy have it resemble the easy mode on PC 1.0. On the hardest have it be a ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ spawn of Creepers & CliffyRiffs most complex ideas....

That could work. I would say Pre winter update should be medium though. Have easy below that, same management but easier. Then the two hard levels could be full micro management in both hard and harder form.

On the hardest have it be a ❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎ spawn of Creepers most complex ideas....

most of my ideas are not intended to be complex, but to bring the game out of the menus and into the world. management offices for staff just adds a bit of flavor compared to clicking buttons IMO

Top Bottom