RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition Out Now!

Paul_Crowther

Community Manager
Frontier
Greetings all!

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete edition is out now on Steam, Nintendo Switch and the Epic Games store! Build the park of a lifetime and rediscover the critically acclaimed rollercoaster simulation bestseller. Feel the thrill of a genre-defining classic, complete with two huge expansion packs.

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 players who download from the Epic Games store before 4PM BST on 1 October will receive the game for free!

RollerCoaster Tycoon 3: Complete Edition includes all the released expansions for RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 along with enchancements for modern PC hardware and widescreen support.

Find the right platform for you on our website.

Free on epic games without exclusivity. Now this is a much better approach to pushing a storefront!

This game doesn't have ultra wide screen support or window mode. Don't buy this game until this support is not provided with patch or something.

I got around to playing the game on the switch. The controls are better than I expected and it soon became very fluid for me to use. I love that this game is on the switch, I basically have a theme park, water park, and zoo game on the switch. So amazing to see a childhood favorite of mine in a portable system. Well done to the team! 🙏🎢 🌟

I do wish to ask if the game will have a spot in the issue tracker? My only concern with the game is a bug with the timing set to day only. It would be set to day for the longest period, then suddenly goes dark for a second like the cycle was set to fast forward to reach the next day period. Besides that, the game works wonderfully!

Just one thing though. What's with the Inspector going down on one knee? Is this political? If it is I don't really want to see it. Sorry dudes :)

Last edited:
  • Like (+1)
Reactions: Kat
Somebody contact me about the kneeling park inspector please. I can't believe you would bring that garbage into what is meant to be relaxing fun. If I can't get your thoughts I will have to go with the ones I have when it comes to articles etc. Ta x

It would be really cool if a remaster of RCT3 could be done.
I wonder if it's possible to have both the Planet Coaster franchise and the RCT franchise.

Thank you for your prompt reply.
  1. How do we install RCT3 CE? Do we install RCT3 CE over RCT3 Platinum or Deluxe as an update or do we need to uninstall RCT3 Platinum or Deluxe and then do a fresh install of RCT3 CE?
  2. Does RCT3 CE remove any files from our system when it’s installed?
  3. After it's installed do we need to be on-line or log in somewhere to play RCT3 CE?
  4. I realize no one releases games any more on CD or DVD but I was wondering if there was any download available directly from Frontier.

HeatherG

Volunteer Moderator
Thank you for your prompt reply.
  1. How do we install RCT3 CE? Do we install RCT3 CE over RCT3 Platinum or Deluxe as an update or do we need to uninstall RCT3 Platinum or Deluxe and then do a fresh install of RCT3 CE?
  2. Does RCT3 CE remove any files from our system when it’s installed?
  3. After it's installed do we need to be on-line or log in somewhere to play RCT3 CE?
  4. I realize no one releases games any more on CD or DVD but I was wondering if there was any download available directly from Frontier.
1. After you purchase it from the Steam store you will see a Download button and you can press that.
2. It won't overwrite any files. Any previous version(s) will remain in tact and stay in the same location within your computer.
3. To access the game you can either click on the shortcut (RollerCoaster Tycoon: Complete Edition), that will automatically go onto your desktop after downloading, or you can click on the Steam desktop shortcut. If you do that you would then go to your Games Library, click on the game and click on the green PLAY button.
4. Correct it's only a digital download and would have to be purchased through Steam or Epic Games

Hope that helps!

This is handy information to have beforehand. Thanks.
___

I've just visited Steam's website to buy. I can select the game and add it to my basket, I can indicate it's for me and not a gift, but I can't create an account because it won't navigate past the "Create Your Account" webpage even after I've filled in all the details. Steam's support is only a FAQ with about five questions, none of which have to do with creating an account. I'm afraid that without an account it doesn't look like I can buy RCT3 CE from Steam.

Today I had a little time and thought to try this again considering the possibility that yesterday there may have been a fault with Steam's website. There is a fault but not the one I had anticipated. It turns out that there is a Captcha on the Create Your Account webpage and that Firefox and Internet Explorer do not display the Captcha.

I've today again attempted to buy RCT3 CE on Steam and today I tried it on Microsoft Edge. This is how I discovered there is a Captcha. However I have successfully completed the Captcha three times, have gotten the green tick three times, have selected Continue three times and each time I have received this message that my successfully completed Captchas are not valid. The required fields had been filled out properly each time and they've been removed from the screenshot for security reasons.

Steam Screenshot.jpg

If this isn't working three times it also isn't going to work four times five times or six times so once again I'm in the position where I'm ready to pay for a game but I can't purchase it on Steam. There is no way I'll ever get any game on Epic whether it's free or otherwise so regrettably it appears I can't have RollerCoaster Tycoon Complete Edition.

Top Bottom