General / Off-Topic RollerCoaster Tycoon Ultimate

When do you think RCT Ultimate will come out? Personally, I think it will come out when Atari ends the rights to owning the RCT franchise in 2022 (In which Frontier will own it). In case you don't know what RCT Ultimate is, it's an idea I created in which every element from the 4 core RCT games is united into one. I assume Frontier will make it, because they created RCT3.

P.S. I based the whole thing on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, just with RCT mechanics and different characters.

It will never happen, Nintendo are a law to themselves when releasing games, so not comparable. I am happy for Frontier to continue supporting Planet Coaster.

If Atari releases anything else RCT related it won’t be Ultimate in the good sense at all. They’re track record proves they don’t care at all about making a good game but only a cash grab. I’d like to see some other developers take a stab at the genre.

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
I personally do not consider RCT World as a “core RCT game”. It doesn’t have the right to carry the RCT name imo.

• Like (+1)
Reactions: LN
If Atari releases anything else RCT related it won’t be Ultimate in the good sense at all. They’re track record proves they don’t care at all about making a good game but only a cash grab. I’d like to see some other developers take a stab at the genre.

That's why Atari won't be involved in it, as it will probably be released by the time Atari ends the license for RCT in 2022.

RCT is a dead franchise to most people, why would Frontier just abandon all the hard work done on Planet Coaster it doesn't make sense. You only have to look a Jurassic World: Evolution as a prime example as creating a game on a existing brand how risky it is .

Joël

Volunteer Moderator
Regarding the first post;

“When do you think RCT Ultimate will come out?”
I think: never.

Will Frontier own the franchise once Atari’s rights expire?
No, it doesn’t work that way. Frontier would have to acquire the rights of the franchise first. Something they may not want to do; they have started their own Planet Coaster franchise, so there’s no need to have the RCT franchise. Besides, the value of the RCT franchise has decreased thanks to games like RCT World.

It is unlikely that Frontier will ever make a “RCT Ultimate” because even when they were to acquire the franchise they would only receive the right to publish new RCT games; Atari would remain the original publisher of previous games, either because they published it on their own or because they bought the companies that originally publised those games.

I personally do not consider RCT World as a “core RCT game”. It doesn’t have the right to carry the RCT name imo.
Thats why I questioned 4 games haha.

Yeah, as Joel said, the answer to your question is never, they will probably re-release Classic on Switch if enough people request it so they can cash in on those $$$ and Todd can post more pics of his wonderful holidays to facebook, but with the failure of RCTW and Touch... there is no future for RCT, I don't understand why someone would want an "ultimate" anyway haha Atari have run out of ideas, even their own ideas don't seem to be their own ideas these days.

Then I guess that a Planet Coaster Ultimate would be better than this, if they could combine elements from all Planet Coaster games.

Then I guess that a Planet Coaster Ultimate would be better than this, if they could combine elements from all Planet Coaster games.

What the .... are you talking about!?

"All Planet Coaster games" [woah] How many are there?

No seriously, I know this is an off-topic thread, but the topic is really, really, really way off......

What the .... are you talking about!?

"All Planet Coaster games" [woah] How many are there?

No seriously, I know this is an off-topic thread, but the topic is really, really, really way off......

Don't you know Luuknoord?
This forum is about Planet Coaster I, but in meanwhile part II and part III are also released.

Planet Coaster II has water parks as main attraction.
Planet Coaster III is all about ski lifts as some people requested it so much Frontier decided to bring a ski lift-only game to the market.

It's all quite cool

Don't you know Luuknoord?
This forum is about Planet Coaster I, but in meanwhile part II and part III are also released.

Planet Coaster II has water parks as main attraction.
Planet Coaster III is all about ski lifts as some people requested it so much Frontier decided to bring a ski lift-only game to the market.

It's all quite cool

Enough laughter for the moment now... [haha]

I'll stick with PC 1 for now.

[up]

End of this discussion. RollerCoaster Tycoon Ultimate was my attempt to bring RCT back to greatness, but I scrapped it because a lot of you were rejecting it.

But wait, just so I understand it correctly...
RCT Ultimate is an idea you've created and you're expecting Frontier to really create it... Right?

Top Bottom