Roomscale VR Walking Tours, a must see!

So I recently started to follow this Person after one of his video's popped up on my recommended page. Basically he does quite in-depth roomscale 'Spacelegs' VR tours of the different ships, poking his head through doors and other things to give you a good look at the ship, both inside and outside, while also trying to give you real world references for the different sized things you can see inside and outside your cockpit.

And for people who don't have acces to VR gear (like me) these video's are great to get a sense of scale,and these are the things I'd do if i had VR gear.

So check Him and his video's out, as of this writing he has 11 VR video's up. He could use the subscribers!

Seeing how much of the vehicles and ships are no fleshed out really gives an idea of how much work will be involved in space legs!

Seeing how much of the vehicles and ships are no fleshed out really gives an idea of how much work will be involved in space legs!
That’s assuming we get full ship interiors when space legs drops. Personally, I wouldn’t be surprised if those came much later, just like how they didn’t give us atmospheric worlds with Horizons.

We'll have to wait and see. but for now the video's this guy puts out are entertaining and give a sense of scale ^_^

and since i doubt VR will ever come to Xbox I'm happy to watch him.

Last edited:
So I recently started to follow this Person after one of his video's popped up on my recommended page. Basically he does quite in-depth roomscale 'Spacelegs' VR tours of the different ships, poking his head through doors and other things to give you a good look at the ship, both inside and outside, while also trying to give you real world references for the different sized things you can see inside and outside your cockpit.

And for people who don't have acces to VR gear (like me) these video's are great to get a sense of scale,and these are the things I'd do if i had VR gear.

So check Him and his video's out, as of this writing he has 11 VR video's up. He could use the subscribers!
I cannot recommend playing ED in VR enough. The sense of scale that you get cannot really be expressed in words or 2D. I recall my first time of playing was in a T7 and ascending from a bay into a space station and watching everything around you just leaves you breathless and with a huge grin on your face.

That was a lot more interesting than I expected, I find it very hard to explain the scale of these ships in VR. The Cobra video below is great, can't wait till he gets to the larger ships.

That was a lot more interesting than I expected, I find it very hard to explain the scale of these ships in VR. The Cobra video below is great, can't wait till he gets to the larger ships.

I feel like he does a pretty good job of explaining the scale of the ships, both by giving estimates based on his height and other every day objects, and by actually showing how stuff is oriented and sized within the room. I look forward to each new video of this he brings out. I also really liked the SRV video.

Interesting perspective watching him walk around & describe the scale of things ;)

I'll leave the whole telepresence thing aside but earlier in the game's life that rear hatch on the AspX used to open when docked, there was a tiny room (airlock?) inside with doors forward & to each side. IIRC the asset changed with 1.5/2.0.

I thought the parts of the HUD that are projected way out ahead of the cockpit was interesting too, and an example of the kind of thing that would need to be reworked if spacelegs were ever to become more than transition screens.

Ok i almost busted a gut watching him roll around on the floor describing the courier.
Nice video, getting inpatient for 2020 update

You simply cannot relay to anyone else your VR experience by showing them 2D images. It's not possible. VR is something a person must experience to understand, and won't before that. That's what makes the development and marketing for it so difficult and slow.

Yeah, his videos are great! Even though I have VR I enjoy watching them, since I don't always have the patience to inspect every little detail and he does a good job going over it all.

Top Bottom