Rumors about Three Herbavores

We also have Ouranosaurus as an iguanodont. Yes some other families could use some more love as well. Though I'm biased myself, I love hadrosaurs and would love to see even more of them in the game.
Quick correction. Iguanodont refers to Iguanodontia, which includes species such as Dryosaurus and Parasaurolophus. What you’re probably thinking of is Iguanodontidae (Iguanodontid), which doesn’t include Ouranosaurus.

I'm actually excited about the possibility of Charonosaurus & Pachyrhinosaurus debuting in the game. For anyone to say that hadrosaurs aren't as popular as ceratopsians, iguanodontians or any other group is SUBJECTIVE...Everyone has their favorite group(s). Frontier has done a great job adding unique species to the roster yet at the same time incorporating JPOG species and responding to fan requests. I'm a fan of both hadrosaurs and ceratopsians, so to get an addition in each category is a win win for me.

Quick correction. Iguanodont refers to Iguanodontia, which includes species such as Dryosaurus and Parasaurolophus. What you’re probably thinking of is Iguanodontidae (Iguanodontid), which doesn’t include Ouranosaurus.
Not really. What I said was correct. Iguanodontia is just a more inclusive clade. It includes both hadrosaurs as well as the more basal species we generally label as Iguanodontids. But as far as I know Iguanodontidae is a paraphyletic group and thus has no meaning in taxonomy. So it's just an informal name like some others groups such as lizards or fish which also have no real value in taxonomy.

Ouranosaurus keeps jumping around in the phylogenetic tree. But most recent studies place it at least close to Iguanodon and outside hadrosauridae. Though sometimes it is included inside hadrosauroidea. Since it's exact taxonomic position is a bit unclear it's best to name a more inclusive clade in which it definitely belongs. Which is why I said Iguanodont (as you say, the informal name for Iguanodontia). From Ouranosaurus and Iguanodon to Corythosaurus and Parasaurolophus etc.; all of these are all placed inside Iguanodontia. Some are just more advanced than others.

And since the game doesn't have a complex phylogenetic tree, 'cause lets be honest, that would be too complex for the average player, it's better to simply use this more inclusive clade and say that Ouranosaurus is a basal iguanodont/iguanodontian.

Hopefully it comes out by the end of summer or beginning of fall, since December seems to be the target date for the next big DLC.

I'm guessing somewhere in September. Would make sense since that is halfway between June and December.

Been reading up alot on Pachyrinosaurus and Mussasaurus lately and now I am really excited/hopeful they are in. Im curious as to how they will look in game though since Pachy has at least one toy (under the incorrect name of sinoceratops for some reason) and Mussasaurs could be big or small depending on how they depict it. Really hope that Pachyrhino is chunky with a big boss and that Mussasaurus is small. Im not sure as to how small but it would be cool if it was something around the size of a gallimimus maybe?

I'm guessing somewhere in September. Would make sense since that is halfway between June and December.

Been reading up alot on Pachyrinosaurus and Mussasaurus lately and now I am really excited/hopeful they are in. Im curious as to how they will look in game though since Pachy has at least one toy (under the incorrect name of sinoceratops for some reason) and Mussasaurs could be big or small depending on how they depict it. Really hope that Pachyrhino is chunky with a big boss and that Mussasaurus is small. Im not sure as to how small but it would be cool if it was something around the size of a gallimimus maybe?
Pachyrhinosaurus was originally meant to be in the Fallen Kingdom film. It was replaced at the last minute with Sinoceratops. Which is probably also why the Sinoceratops looks so weird.

Top Bottom