Rumoured / Reported / Discovered

That's one of the biggest game changers for me. Looks like we don't need to rely on third party information to find stuff like ruins anymore.

Hopefully these new mechanics will be put to some test with a new Alien Mystery search, like when The thargoids and Guardians first come on the scene.... I miss those.
Now with better tools it could be alot more enjoyable.

That's one of the biggest game changers for me. Looks like we don't need to rely on third party information to find stuff like ruins anymore.
And when Fdev want to feed new content out, someone doesn't need to find it before anyone knows there's even a new 'thing', and everyone else read about it on a 3rd party stream or website, they will see the rumour, and go and investigate if they want.

... hopefully. We're light on details, and I'm hoping we get a bigger breadcrumb to go on than "Guardian ruins exist somewhere inside this 8000 LY wide cube of space".

I'm also hoping we get some Codex support for all the existing breadcrumbs & clues from listening posts, various beacons, megaship logs, etc.

Agreed. It's got huge potential to open the game up to all the players that want it, and also as a mechanism to deliver the story in a far more compelling way. It's something that could grow and grow.

Aps.

Dammit now I need to decide which ship's gonna be my explorer, easy to land dbx with good vision or a conda with all the nice extras like fighters...descisions, descisions...

Less spreadsheets Moar awesomeness!

Having that available in cockpit, having you add stuff to playlist so you can educate yourself as you fly about, brilliant just brilliant.

This was my favorite part of the new stuff, just after the dark side of planets + night vision and the overall lighting improvements.

Having a sense of shared community effort while exploring the galaxy is cool. Also it will give people the chance to go investigate something someone else might have already discovered, without just seeing it on youtube. Also it's nice to know that discovering something will potentially benefit everybody else, gives it a bit more meaning.

It will cause exploration rushs. Imagine how many commanders will flock to a sector if there is something unusual rumoured.

This could then work in the way of MMO's in terms of an ultra rare item drop. Something that would be in game for one server tick and then would be gone.

Think of the feeding frenzy around an experimental weapon that gives you a potential advantage in PVP verses other players.

And they've divided the galaxy into forty-two zones, so in future instead of having to search four billion stars for, say, Raxxla, we'll have fewer than a hundred million to comb through. That'll really speed things along.

Hopefully, the rumours will be a bit more specific than "It's somewhere in Zone X".

It will cause exploration rushs. Imagine how many commanders will flock to a sector if there is something unusual rumoured.

This could then work in the way of MMO's in terms of an ultra rare item drop. Something that would be in game for one server tick and then would be gone.

Think of the feeding frenzy around an experimental weapon that gives you a potential advantage in PVP verses other players.

Please let's not make this about PVP
You guys had the spotlight for 4 yrs.

Ty gn8

Only IF this is done right. But even then. Those 42 areas of space are absolutely massive, each of them containing on average 10 billion (10*10^9 = 10000000000) star systems. On the bright side it makes exploration a community thing now, but we'll need more than "There's a rumor there is something in sector 34". Still it's a very welcome addition and hopefully makes playing the game without relying on external sources (more) possible.

I am selling certificates of ownership for each sector.

Gives you the option to append your CMDR name with either
a) Grand Moff
b) Supreme Leader
c) Laird

or ending your CMDR name with
a) The Merciless
b) of Asgard
c) The Lionheart

You also get merchandising rights on anything that includes your sector number....

Please let's not make this about PVP
You guys had the spotlight for 4 yrs.

Ty gn8

im not a pvper just gave it as an obvious example, because that community may normally poo poo exploration.

There could be other things such as a lost passenger liner and you could get a massive cash bonus for finding and returning the stranded survivors.

It opens up lots of possibilities, and it will be interesting to find out if frontier can inject rumours on occassions using the weekly server tick as an opportunity to do such things.

Agree, seems like our characters will be finally integrated in the game. I can't wait to see the changes in bgs and scenario missions. Looks like a total revamp of the game towards, as was said in a recent article, more game transparency.

I love this.

Top Bottom