Rumours - where are they FDEV? It's been 1.5 years...

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
So the Rumours in Codex, which were supposed to lead explorers to interesting findings, were released in December 2018 as part of Beyond. It is July 2020 now and there's not been a single Rumour in the game.

Does Frontier have any plans for actually releasing them at some point or are they going to remain at "0" in all sectors forever?

Unless I'm mistaken and someone actually found a "rumour" they followed up on and it lead them to something cool? Be awesome to know!

Problem is there is a lot of interconnected dead stuff in ED- PP, CG / IIs (?) Galnet, MC, Galnet Audio, rumors....lets hope EDO has them, and that Stephen, Bruce, Tim and Arthur burst out hulk style and tell us they are being looked at and not force us to wait 8 months to find out nothing has been done....again.

Is that different from the rumoured/reported/discovered status in the codex? Where discovered = you've seen it, reported = another CMDR has seen it, and rumoured = it's in the game but now one has seen it yet.

It's not that interesting though, just normal things you discover when exploring...

My strong suspicion is that part of what is now Odyssey (perhaps the atmospheric world side of things) was going to be a smaller paid update following in the months after part three of Beyond, and include more "unknown things" for us to find using the rumours system.

I think a decision was made, around the time fleet carriers and ice worlds got pushed back, to condense eveything into a supersize update two years down the line, to buy them more time to get everything polished Possibly due to problems with the rate of development, engine woes, or something of that nature. There seems to be a real desire to avoid the Horizons-like season model in future, as well.

And I think, to get all hands on deck for this, they've dropped a lot stuff that involved ongoing work -- CGs/IIs, Galnet, and Rumours (which would have required a level of dev involvement if it had been utilised).

This is why we got this weird year-or-two of disparate bugfixes and un-named updates.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Is that different from the rumoured/reported/discovered status in the codex? Where discovered = you've seen it, reported = another CMDR has seen it, and rumoured = it's in the game but now one has seen it yet.

It's not that interesting though, just normal things you discover when exploring...

So you've seen a Rumour in game? In the Codex? As in the number of rumours was >1 and you could go and check it out?

So the Rumours in Codex, which were supposed to lead explorers to interesting findings, were released in December 2018 as part of Beyond. It is July 2020 now and there's not been a single Rumour in the game.

Does Frontier have any plans for actually releasing them at some point or are they going to remain at "0" in all sectors forever?

Unless I'm mistaken and someone actually found a "rumour" they followed up on and it lead them to something cool? Be awesome to know!
I was looking forward to the Codex alot when I first heard about it. As it turns out, just another half-baked feature. I remember watching a video before the patch that included this dropped, and a dev was talking about all the cool things they had planned for it...ya, that was years ago.

Deleted member 38366

D
I overheard a rumor that the Codex rumors entry was a placeholder with zero Dev priority.

(similar to bugfixing it, "Your Total Discoveries" for other Galactic Sectors still reads 0 since over 1.5 years now)

Codex? What is this Codex you speak of? I assume the Codex is for diehard explorers. As a casual explorer I have no use for it, or any motivation to take time and figure out what it is. And players have patiently tried to explain the Codex to me to no avail.

That was my most anticipated aspect of the codex, and yet ....

There is a rumour that in order to have a rumour, you had to have the content ready first... closest i've got is Fleetwood Mac

220px-FMacRumours.PNG

Top Bottom