S you can name a ship, but must BUY a plate for it to show up?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
I wonder if the people that don't mind spending money on cosmetics have forgotten they already for the game and the expansion... Some of them at full price.

I know how some people will respond to this comment so I'll save them some time:

"But they're just cosmetic"

"You paid for the game not the cosmetics"

Yeah, whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it's a microtransaction for a game with MMO characteristics due to the online mode where they need money to have the server going and pay their employees. Where have you been since release date?

And nothing in the online store microtransations is needed to play the game.

Would you prefer to pay 10USD / month instead in a subscription?

That would be 280 USD so far not counting the cost of the base game OR expansions.

Wow, just wow... So it's either this free-2-play-like or a subscription... Didn't know you were the lead designer of ED or something like that. Because P2P server are aaaally expensive compared to actual, dedicated servers.

Last edited:
No, it's a microtransaction for a game with MMO characteristics due to the online mode where they need money to have the server going and pay their employees. Where have you been since release date?

And nothing in the online store microtransations is needed to play the game.

Would you prefer to pay 10USD / month instead in a subscription?

That would be 280 USD so far not counting the cost of the base game OR expansions.

Or they could just include all the content in the full priced game we already paid for. Twice, in the case of those of us, like me, dumb enough to think Horizons would actually improve something.

Agreed.

I guess $120 wasn't enough for all the content.

That's ok. Until we get meaningful game play content, they aren't getting another penny from me.

Good. Still not playing but posting here though?
Notice your usual complaint posts all over this forum like a rash.
Perhaps some hobby would make you feel better?

Last edited:
I wonder if the people that don't mind spending money on cosmetics have forgotten they already for the game and the expansion... Some of them at full price.

I know how some people will respond to this comment so I'll save them some time:

Yeah, whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, just wow... So it's either this or a subscription... Didn't know you were the lead designer of ED or something like that. Because P2P server are aaaally expensive compared to actual, dedicated servers.

Wee my response would not be so polite. None of your business, right to judge, or speculate on my menory for how I spend my money.

Cheers
Simon

Yeah, whatever.

Yes, let's not let facts get in the way of a good, entitled "I deserve all the stuff!" rant.

Yes, let's not let facts get in the way of a good, entitled "I deserve all the stuff!" rant.

Ah, yes, I tried to save you some time but I guess it was to no avail because you've chosen to engage in yet another pointless discussion with the same arguments repeated a thousand times. Yeah yeah I get it, everyone that disagrees with you is entitled. Can we move on please?

Ah, yes, I tried to save you some time but I guess it was to no avail because you've chosen to engage in yet another pointless discussion with the same arguments repeated a thousand times. Yeah yeah I get it, everyone that disagrees with you is entitled. Can we move on please?

Love to. So...er...what was the point of your post again? Because it sounds remarkably like, and I quote, "yet another pointless discussion with the same arguments repeated a thousand times".

Just saying.

Agreed.

I guess $120 wasn't enough for all the content.

That's ok. Until we get meaningful game play content, they aren't getting another penny from me.

Considering that it was their proposed business plan from the start I do not see the problem.

And none of us were forced to back the game for over 100 USD at kickstarter or purchase the game and each expansion at full price.

Not to mention that nothing in the store is REQUIRED.

What I CAN agree on is that it would be nice to be able to unlock paintjobs through reputation and not have EVERYTHING in the vanity store.

- Minor faction paintjobs
- Military faction paintjobs
- PP paintjobs

etc.

A bit of a first world problem really isn't it?

We're all spending our time playing a computer game, many on a pretty high end PC, most probably sitting in a home, obviously with electricity and stuff. And people are upset at being asked to pay £2 to buy a pack of 9 nameplates that they can stick on all their spaceships...

I get that people have issues with FD and the game, but this surely is a non-issue. :)

A bit of a first world problem really isn't it?

We're all spending our time playing a computer game, many on a pretty high end PC, most probably sitting in a home, obviously with electricity and stuff. And people are upset at being asked to pay £2 to buy a pack of 9 nameplates that they can stick on all their spaceships...

I get that people have issues with FD and the game, but this surely is a non-issue. :)

It's a matter of principle, I suppose. I do not agree with what they're doing, so I don't buy anything on the store and voice out my opinion when it's appropriate (or so I want to think).

It's a matter of principle, I suppose. I do not agree with what they're doing, so I don't buy anything on the store and voice out my opinion when it's appropriate (or so I want to think).

That's fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion.

I generally don't buy cosmetic stuff from the store either, but I was quite happy to buy a nameplate pack as I like being able to name my ships. It's pure vanity, I generally play solo so it's just for me and my screenshots, and compared to what I've already spent on the game and stuff needed to play it, it's simply not significant. :)

It's not needed to play the game, and I don't really begrudge them trying to make money. Everyone else tries to do it, including the companies that make beer... :D

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom