Sagittarius-Carina Mission - Route and camps

This is a great initiative and is the perfect expedition for those who missed out on DWE to get involved with.

Group exploration is an awesome experience, and meticulously organized events like this are rare, so while the opportunity is there I'd urge explores to sign up to this one!

If you're an experienced explorer, or new to it all, or returning from the depths and have got the yearning to see more of the galaxy - look no further. :cool:

Last edited:
All waypoints added to both directions of the Sagittarius-Carina Mission.

Tl6oSyO.png

8Wq2GOy.png

Note:- the systems are all in but the systems need triangulating and the distances shown on EDSM might be incorrect until the systems have been visited.

If you do reach any of the waypoint systems, please check with EDMS to see if that system need triangulation.

Thank you FGE Staff

Last edited:
So, we just had CMDR nr. 72 sign up for this mission. Welcome aboard Turjan :D

It should be noted, that some of CMDRs on the list are those that were active in the fall of 3301, and not all will be rejoining for the relaunch. Still I estimate that we are currently up to 40 active explorers - and thats really awesome!

I will be doing a Q & A about the Sagittarius-Carina mission this sunday at 18.00 IGT in our channels on the FleetComm discord server (both voice and text). I will do a short brief and then answer any questions. And I might even have a few questions of my own that I would like to ask those taking part... ;) Looking forward to meeting you there!

In other news, the description of the route has had yet another update. Only 9 camps left to describe in detail - making steady progress here :)

In addition to the merry crowd at Beagle Point, we have just had three CMDRs sign up at Sol. Welcome aboard Tesfa, Rudeman53 and Eldrazzi :D

So this is it! Today is the relaunch!

First let me say how excited I am. We have had a lot of people sign up during the last few weeks, and also many of the original crew getting ready to set out again - bringing the number of registered participants close to 80 and the number of currently active CMDRs close to 50. I really look forward to hear all the stories of your travels and the shinies you find out there :)
(Personally I wont be relaunching until the end of May when our Exploration Wings in DW reach Beagle Point)

Then let me say a huge THANK YOU to all who has helped make this happen - everybody who has contributed either by scouting my wild leads for proposed camps, "donating" discoveries of their own to be used as waypoints, loading maps into EDDiscovery, setting up our gallery, EDSM tracker, Team Speak and Discord channels, designing the mission patch, promoting the expedition in various ways, providing continued moral support... the list goes on :D

Wishblend, Mindwipe, Satsuma, AndyBoom, Draco47oz, Finwen, Turjan, Hellhawk, Slam Dunk, Gibbonici, Argon, Iureka, Dobbo, drkaii, Swift Arrow, Erimus, Kancro Vantas, Stulli, Allitnil, Whiterose, Katejina, and everybody who has supported this or signed up either back in august or here in april to take part in the fun... - thank you all!
(if I have forgotten one or two people in the ruckus I deeply apologize - please send me a gentle PM and Ill get the list updated)

Please remember to register the date you set out and reach a camp in the progress sheet - this will serve as your own record, but also let others know how many is currently active on the expedition.

If you feel like it, it would be awesome to have participants post a "postcard" here in the thread as they set out. This can be everything from a short greeting, a group photo from your starting camp... or you could do as CMDR Turjan did...

[video=youtube;5iVfHeXdgZU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iVfHeXdgZU[/video]​

Remember - there is no centrally scheduled meetups here. If you want to organize meetups for groups you will have to set it up yourself. The infrastructure should now be in place for you to easily do just that - the participants sheet will help you see where others are - the comms channels stand ready for you on both TS and Discord. Simply make a new thread here in the exploration forums, post the details and get people together for the fun!

I hereby declare this bazaar (re)opened! ;)

Last edited:
I've been with you in spirit following many of you explorers on you outbound journey. So excited to see so many make it to Beagle Point. Now I follow the long way around on this Sagittarius-Carina outward bound exploratory. May we meet half-way commanders, safe travels.

CMDR Dominic Hyde - Calypso

I am so looking forward to travelling back from Beagle via the carinii, if there is anything I can do Corbin just ask.

I am so looking forward to travelling back from Beagle via the carinii, if there is anything I can do Corbin just ask.

You have allready been a great help - hosting the informal sign-up and keeping interest in this - until we got this thread up and running.

I won't be able to launch with everyone from Sol or Beagle Point so instead, I'll be joining you all from this Earth-Like near Camp 12.

Setting out towards Beagle Point, my goal now is to reach it in time to meet up with DW's FGE wings. I wasn't able to join the DW expedition with you guys but I'm really hoping that I can at least meet you before you start going down the Sagittarius Arm. :D

Z9DdcKd.jpg

Wishing the best of luck to anyone else setting off on this mission today (or any other day). Hope to hear from you on the comms. :)

Greetings from WP 13!
It's a desolate place, but the basking is good, thanks to the intense B star nearby.
I just discovered you can watch the star shoot off coronas in the system map. Quite neat, since the star itself is painfully bright to look directly at.

27KnRoD.jpg

Last edited:
Grabbed a quick snapshot of the view from outside Kippax Ring before heading towards Sol and then on to the Lagoon Nebula. I have coffee and not much else to do this weekend, so I am quite excited. Be safe out there and have fun!

Hw9CfQl.jpg

Thanks Corbin, Wishblend and everybody involved with the re-launch of the Sagittarius-Carina Mission.

I've just signed up for the anti-clockwise route, leaving BP this evening (UK time).

So, Distant Worlds over (almost) and Sag-Car about to begin! First challenge is to negotiate Route 33 and hope I have sufficient Jumponium.

See you in the black.

CDR Mark Smith

Last edited:
Yep!

Singed up (#75). I was over 18,000 LY away on the nearside rim when the DWE was announced. Sadly RL kept me from making it back in time for the exodus. RL will likely be keeping me busy for the foreseeable future so I'll be traveling at a relative snails pace to everyone else.

Welcome aboard everyone :)

Yep!

Singed up (#75). I was over 18,000 LY away on the nearside rim when the DWE was announced. Sadly RL kept me from making it back in time for the exodus. RL will likely be keeping me busy for the foreseeable future so I'll be traveling at a relative snails pace to everyone else.

Love your sig - it totally messes up my brain :D

Was In the Area and thought why not come along for the ride.
signed up #85 and flying up the Arm heading for Beagle Point in the Sailfish 2
The Postcard:
PSoiqG6.jpg

Looking forward to meeting you all.
CMDR Admiral Spoon

OP updated with info about private groups.

I got a question from a new member asking if we had a private group for this mission. The answer to that is both yes and no. We have a private group called FGE EXPLORERS that anyone is welcome to join (it follows the Mobius code of conduct). But you are not required to play in this private group to take part in this mission. I suspect many people from Distant Worlds would like to stay in Kamzel and that is totally fine as well.

But obviously if you try to gather people to a meetup you should make an effort to host it in OPEN or a group that everyone has access to.

Welcome aboard everyone :)

Love your sig - it totally messes up my brain :D

Hah. Yeah you can mess with all your various geek friends at the same time with that one :)

Also HUGE REP and THANKS for this event. I can't believe the amount of work you've already put into this. Many many kudos to you and to those that have contributed to this endeavor!!!!!!!!! [up] [up] [up] [up] [up] [up]

This is excellent!! I started playing a little too late to be ready for Distant Worlds. I set out literally just last night on my first proper expedition, after a "shakedown" expedition out to Barnard's Loop back in February. So far my only plan was to head towards Sagittarius A*, maybe see some neutron stars and black holes near the core, before meandering outwards to the rim ... somewhere.

What convenient timing, then! I'm already heading in the direction of Camp 1 (about 3700 ly away as I write this), so I'm just going to keep going until I hit it. If I don't make it near Sag A* this time, whatevs. It's not going anywhere, whereas I'd much rather be part of a well-planned expedition like this.

I look forward to sharing my discoveries in the spreadsheet and posting some screenshots.

Last edited:
Top Bottom