COMPLETED CG Sagittarius Eye Appeal (Trade)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
It may not be that hard for those who know, as I am relatively new to the game there is no Clear instruction how to sign up TBFH.
So now you know, and could have asked at this board any time prior to delivery of 5000T. Additionally, every reference to CGs I have ever read, both in-game and out, state in some fashion that a Cmdr needs to sign up. It's also very logical to consider it a Mission like any other, hence easy to find in Missions. But be forewarned for the future -- ED does NOT hold your hand, it expects a player to seek out necessary information, and sometimes this is not in obvious places like it is with CGs.

No, it's not that obvious at least not to someone who has never done a CG and spent most of my time in the game flying around in the Black. Luckily I only wasted 1200 units but might it be too much to ask that the programmer(s) insert a little checksum in the code, so that if you are trying to sell a commodity that's in the CG (or hand in bounties etc.) that a message pops up prompting you to join the CG?

Now I know, I won't make the same mistake again but how many 1000's of tonnes of cargo have been wasted due to commanders who have done similar and, worse, got pee'd off at the situation and flown off to do something else or rage quit to play something else?! :)

Last edited:
...commanders who have done similar and, worse, got pee'd off at the situation and flown off to do something else or rage quit to play something else?! :)
I think maybe two. I didn't. I just felt sheepish. Yes, I also failed to sign up for my first CG. Live and learn. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and the Universe can be harsher, so suck it up and keep on flyin'!

You still made the same profit, so you only lost a little bit of credit for the CG. And now you’ll know for the rest of your time playing. I wish all mistakes in the game were as profitable as this one.

Kietrax

Volunteer Moderator
The station holding the CG, mission board.
Is not that hard to be honest :(
You can actually sign up at any station in the Galaxy so long as the station has a Mission Board. Active CGs (and any you are due a pay out for if at that CGs station) always show at the top of the faction list on the left hand side of the Mission Board.

You can actually sign up at any station in the Galaxy so long as the station has a Mission Board. Active CGs (and any you are due a pay out for if at that CGs station) always show at the top of the faction list on the left hand side of the Mission Board.
I may be annoyed at the present and will get over it. But to people who do not know to look at mission boards for a Community Goal is a little unclear about participation. As this is a trading CG, with the description to supply and at no point states to sign up in that description.
For example the Zende CG was not in the mission section of the Star-port services it was at the Top and stated that the CG was elsewhere. So why would I think I needed to sign up when all it stated was to supply Sagittarius Eye with Cobalt, Titanium & Tantalum?

At least standardise the way you ALL events please

Craith

Volunteer Moderator
Indeed. However the cruel irony would be if one of the targets was just missed by the 6200 units that myself and Oddy-B just traded in as normal...

There was a CG where the final target got missed by 749 units ... don't worry, those who still remember, no more singing ... warily watching some people brandishing weapons ... it was legendary, and you can all get a taste of it in Epsilon Indi. Reports of any 749 units being stored in some kind of secret stash are greatly exaggerated.

The "Top" of the Mission section is still the Mission Section. Way down below that is the "Bottom" of the Mission section. The starboard part of the Mission section shows information about a Mission, same as with CG missions. Nothing to port.

The CG is not listed in any of the other General Services section, as it is a Mission. It is presumptuous to think that the game will know without being told (by signing up) that you are delivering <whatever> for the CG, you could just as easily be doing normal Commodities trading.

The question is, why would you NOT think to sign up? Perhaps, because like me my first time, it was new to you, but it only took one delivery to realize I had to do more than simply deliver the goods. I paid closer attention and found what was needed, it was there all along, no need to blame the game or the devs for my oversight.

Spent for days now delivering to the station with over 5000 tons, only to find out that you need to sign up... funny thing is I have not found any place in game that shows a sign up option. Very unclear and totally brassed off and the last time I try to participate in these events.

Available clearly displayed in the mission board at station services at every station, the top item in the list of mission providers is the CG click on that and then click on your chosen CG and you get the sign in option at the end of the description. But I suppose if you don't do missions that would not be obvious.

There is also a link to information about how CGs work in the first post in this thread.

Still I would have thought that the information about how to sign up was as easy to find as the information that there was a CG and where it was but maybe that was in Galnet which I rarely bother reading.

No, it's not that obvious at least not to someone who has never done a CG and spent most of my time in the game flying around in the Black. Luckily I only wasted 1200 units but might it be too much to ask that the programmer(s) insert a little checksum in the code, so that if you are trying to sell a commodity that's in the CG (or hand in bounties etc.) that a message pops up prompting you to join the CG?

Now I know, I won't make the same mistake again but how many 1000's of tonnes of cargo have been wasted due to commanders who have done similar and, worse, got pee'd off at the situation and flown off to do something else or rage quit to play something else?! :)

Nowhere near as many proportionally since they allowed signing up at any station not just the one where the CG was happening.

I can see how the words Community Goals at the top of the list of mission providers can get missed if you don't do missions, the fact that CGs are there is often the only reason I use the mission board, but to be honest I didn't think many players avoided missions nowadays.

Well, i noticed this CG purely by mistake by noticing the icon in the Galaxy Map, but yea - first time when i was a truly noob doin data mission in a Sidewinder i noticed it in the Mission panel then i google it...

Well it was very low key. Small print on the launcher. As regards the Mission Board, yes it is there if you know what you're looking for but black text on a grey background doesn't exactly stand out. Fully accept it's my fault but at the same time, this is an event, something that turns the normal grind into a bit more than a grind. Maybe the invitation should be a bit more... flamboyant, some sort of pop up or advert, not a line of text like a 1980's strategy game... :) :)

Maybe the invitation should be a bit more... flamboyant, some sort of pop up or advert, not a line of text like a 1980's strategy game... :):)
CG's are advertised in-game in GalNet. As well as the Forum. As well as various community-run websites and podcasts, the radio shows, etc. Finally, via the Galaxy map now with a nice icon. Then (if you know where to look, ie the missions board) you can click on it and get a detailed description of the CG.
(EDIT: Forgot; also via the official newsletter emailed out..)

In every single one of these places it very clearly states that you MUST sign up before doing whatever it is that the CG asks you to do.

I must admit I haven't checked the new in-game manual to see what it says about CG's but I wouldn't be surprised if it also tells you to sign up first.

Yes, I've forgotten myself once or twice; quickly remedied after checking my progress and noticing my contribution hadn't counted. But as players who are shipping "thousands of tonnes" you're obviously no longer flying a small ship, so you must have spent a reasonable amount of experience..

Anyway, sorry about your wasted effort, but that's life; if you go ahead putting lots of effort into something, it might make sense to put a tiny bit of effort in near the start to ensure you're doing it correctly instead of barging ahead willy-nilly.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom